• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

Really? That's like, twice what the 360 did in its launch month. Did the OG Xbox launch at the beginning of the month or something?
Middle of November (15th), but I don't know where that would have fallen in NPD tracking.

GCN did over 600K launch month as well.

im surprised people think the 360 will sell that well, considering it has been doing so bad this year, with the xbox one and ps4 coming out. I expect maybe 600k, and the 3ds 1 million

They expect to do 3 million by year's end.
A little more than half of that for America. I expect Europe to have almost as sizable a thirst for PS4 as America. With America getting a little more of the stock.

So around 1.6 million units between Nov and Dec. More heavily slanted toward Nov. Could be as high as 1 million units launch month.

A little more than half of that for America. I expect Europe to have almost as sizable a thirst for PS4 as America. With America getting a little more of the stock.

So around 1.6 million units between Nov and Dec. More heavily slanted toward Nov. Could be as high as 1 million units launch month.

if they ship a million, they'll sell a million. demand for PS4s is off the charts.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pretty silly to compare a current gen game to a cross gen game. Anyone interested in AC and is buying a PS4/bone is obviously waiting for the superior versions. That does bring up a good question though, why the hell isn't Batman cross gen?

I'm betting a lot of people who would have bought the game were waiting for ps4/xb1 to come out. Don't celebrate just yet.

LET ME HAVE THIS ENJOYMENT FOR ONE DAY :)

3DS will probably outsell 2011. Are people really expecting the 360 to beat the 3ds with its successor releasing even at 99. Exactly how much are people expecting from it in November when its been down so heavily all year.

I agree. 360 outselling the 3/2DS is not an easy call to make.....

Sakura

I think the 2DS can do pretty good this holiday. It's about the same price as devices like the Leapfrog, with much more functionality and software. I could see a lot of parents picking one up for little kids for Christmas. My mother bought 2 for my little brothers who are 6 and 5 just because it should last them so long compared to other devices.

Bruno MB

Pokémon series: (first month sales in North America)

Code:
[GBA] Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire (Nintendo) {March 17, 2003} - 1,237,700
[GBA] Pokémon FireRed / LeafGreen (Nintendo) {September 9, 2004} - 1,240,348
[GBA] Pokémon Emerald (Nintendo) {May 1, 2005} - 882,579
[NDS] Pokémon Diamond / Pearl (Nintendo) {April 22, 2007} - 1,757,000
[NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Nintendo) {March 22, 2009} - 805,000
[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver (Nintendo) {March 14, 2010} - 1,781,200
[NDS] Pokémon Black / White (Nintendo) {March 6, 2011} - 2,500,000
[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 (Nintendo) {October 7, 2012} - 867,000
[B][3DS] Pokémon X / Y (Nintendo) {October 12, 2013} - 1,700,000[/B]

jbug617

Banned
From Major Nelson

@majornelson: Xbox 360 was the top selling console last month (166k in the US according to NPD) keeping its lead as the number one console in 2013

DaBoss

If Nintendo really wants to kill it with the 3DS on Black Friday, they should get the prices of each SKU $40 lower.
From Major Nelson

@majornelson: Xbox 360 was the top selling console last month (166k in the US according to NPD) keeping its lead as the number one console in 2013
Thanks for posting this.

AHA-Lambda

I doubt the hold off for AC4 on next gen is enough to cover the losses we have seen on current gen.

At least from what has been indicative in other regions, can't say what the percentage drops are like in the US, but in the UK and France it was ~60% down.

Top Bottom