• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to put together this amazing year 1 of the PS4 against other systems year 1 sales.

Looks like according to Wiki that PS2 was around 10m year 1?

Wii looked to have 20.31m units sold WW Year 1 ( fuck )

So yeah I'm guessing the Wii will sit atop the mountain as " best year 1 sales ever for a console " with 20.31m sold.

I'm guessing PS4 could hit 15m sold year 1.

BUT

Wii was $249.00
PS4 is $400.00

So there is that

jayu26

ahtxlb.gif
ElTorro still winning

You know you can compile a long list of Wii games too. Doesnt make the list interesting by default.

When people say a system has "no games", you need to look beyond the words. All they are expressing is that their tastes lean more towards games on the xbox. This is and has never been an issue with quantity

Then maybe they should say "no exclusives that I like" or "fewer exclusives that interest me" instead of factually incorrect statements.

Only number I think we can make for Xbox One sales is > ~310k (can't remember the exact number) as Microsoft would have mentioned it sold better this month than it has all year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Them PS4 numbers are ridicularse

Chuffed for Mordor, fucking great game that brought something new

Also it seem's American's are getting into into actual football now, It's pretty much the only way you can prove your superiority to the rest of the world. Congrats.

Mrbob

El Torro da gif gawd doing it again.

WOO! Shadow of Mordor at number 5 with only one day of sales!

Well deserved! Congrats to Monolith!

I believe it was 5 but yeah sales look solid. Hopefully the game continues to sell well. One of my favorite games this year.

Melchiah

Re: Destiny

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/1...st-month-in-playstation-store-history/112357/

Sony Announces That September 2014 Was the Biggest Month in PlayStation Store History

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that September 2014 marked the biggest month ever for PlayStation Store revenue in the Americas, led by the launch of Destiny from Activision and Bungie. Destiny broke PlayStation Network sales records across several categories, taking the top spot for pre-orders, day one sales, and week one sales. One month after the game’s launch, engagement among PlayStation fans continues to soar, as Destiny is the most-played title on PS4 with 125 million hours of gameplay. According to Activision internal estimates, the PS4 system is the #1 platform worldwide for Destiny based on units sold through as of October 4, 2014.“September 2014 was a record-breaking month for PlayStation’s digital business, thanks in large part to the success of Destiny,” said Eric Lempel, vice president of Sony Network Entertainment International.

“Last month’s PlayStation Store revenue increased nearly 90 percent compared with Sept. 2013. Working closely with Activision and Bungie, we wanted to make the launch of Destiny a special experience for PlayStation fans. We’re thrilled to see this high engagement from PS4 and PS3 owners.”

In addition, the PS4 sold more copies of every EA Sports game released last month than any other system and was the largest console for Destiny.

Well, there it is, straight from the horse's mouth. I think it's very misleading that the NPD doesn't count official bundles, but has this kind of a loophole for unofficial ones. It's also noteworthy, that this is the second time Microsoft offers a big game for free to be able to compete. Titanfall of course being the first one.

A small personal anecdote; several of my friends bought a PS4 and Destiny just recently, and many of them used to play on the 360 last gen. I've also seen a plenty of Digital Guardian editions being played on my PS4 news feed. Me being one of them, as I bought the digital version to get access to beta, and for the convenience.

This thread is proof that one should always read the Asterisk at the end of every chart.

It's pretty unbeliavable how many just ignored that part, skimmed through the OP in a hurry to post "wow!" or something equally insightful.

Chobel

I just find it a shame that consumers aren't buying the console that has superior content, online, OS and controller. Come holiday the gap in content will become more apparent which should move millions of units so I will just play the waiting game.

First meltdown in this thread?

Mononoke

Banned
I just find it a shame that consumers aren't buying the console that has superior content, online, OS and controller. Come holiday the gap in content will become more apparent which should move millions of units so I will just play the waiting game.

Maybe not everyone agrees with your view on what is the superior content/os and controller. Ever think about that? :p

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
A lot of people are saying this. Keep in mind that no November/December game has had or will have anything close to the amount of hype (manufactured and otherwise) and marketing money Destiny had.
I know it's a rerelease, but GTA is pretty, pretty popular, and there's a large contingency of the more casual market who tend to drift in and out of keeping up with games as platform popularity waxes and wanes.

wigwag85

Banned
Trying to put together this amazing year 1 of the PS4 against other systems year 1 sales.

Looks like according to Wiki that PS2 was around 10m year 1?

Wii looked to have 20.31m units sold WW Year 1 ( fuck )

So yeah I'm guessing the Wii will sit atop the mountain as " best year 1 sales ever for a console " with 20.31m sold.

I'm guessing PS4 could hit 15m sold year 1.

BUT

Wii was $249.00
PS4 is $400.00

So there is that

Wii also had competition as well. Numbers are great for Sony but poor for consoles in general, which sucks for us.

cakely

No creamsugar in this thread yet, but wow, there's just no shortage of salt.

Doffen

The MS PR is one of the funniest I've seen in a while. They had literally nothing to say about the month and just skip straight to the holidays. It could have been released at any time in the past few months, for all the reference to this month it makes.

Probably made with 'PR Generator 2000'

Verendus

Banned
Opinions, how do they work?
Opinions can be wrong. The truth is, not enough gamers in America are patriotic. We're learning the harsh truth once more. I hope the US government gathers this data as there are some prime suspects for surveillance here.

prag16

Banned
Flippin' 'eck fella, these are consoles we're talking about. How can you let it effect you this emotionally?

I rolled my eyes at the guy's post just like the rest of you, but now that I've seen how everyone has piled on him... I thought about it again... and I mean... he's not ENTIRELY wrong. And let's not roll out the "lulz y so srs" argument here... 99% of posters in this thread probably take this "too seriously". Heck, if we didn't, what fun would it be?? xD

I know it's a rerelease, but GTA is pretty, pretty popular, and there's a large contingency of the more casual market who tend to drift in and out of keeping up with games as platform popularity waxes and wanes.

Ah. I still largely stand by my post, but GTA rerelease DID slip my mind. But still definitely not expecting Wii-like numbers personally.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Is this a real post submitted to neogaf.com?

I just find it a shame that consumers aren't buying the console that has 1superior content, online, 2OS and 3controller. 4Come holiday the gap in content will become more apparent which should move millions of units so I will just play the waiting game.

1. Where?
2. Sure, if you like Windows 8
3. Maybe, but I disagree
4. What gap? How? With the Master Chief collection?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom