• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't a separate team make Ascension?

I'm talking about Stig's game that was being worked on for 4 years.

Separate team of about...50? people.

It wasn't a full blown production team. Ascension team moved over to Stig's project once Ascension shipped.

Full production normally takes at least 2 years.

That sounds about right. 10 million as of August, maybe 600k during the rest of that month, and 1.3-1.4 in September.

I believe you have a similar approach to X1 WW sales right? Have you updated that?

Yeah I have a similar approach for XB1 WW sales. I should really update it and I will at some point in the next few days in this thread. It'll take a little more effort as I want to pull out any sales for countries where we have 2013 YTD numbers and then 2014 follow-ups like Germany, Spain and UK etc.

Why can't you?

EDIT:

the WiiU flopped so hard it reversed the flow of time and made me a PC gamer since the early 90s?
I should have said went PC as a gaf poster and began downplaying the next-gen consoles. The underlying reason for this was the Wii U turning out to be an underpowered flop. I have no idea how long you've gamed on PC, obviously.

David___

Banned
Separate team of about...50? people.

It wasn't a full blown production team. Ascension team moved over to Stig's project once Ascension shipped.

Full production normally takes at least 2 years.

Ah. Didn't know they just started full production after Ascension. nvm then.

Good catch guys and gals I keep forgetting about Rime. Which is unfortunate because its one of the more interesting titles coming in my opinion. Beautiful art style.

Shinypogs

Numb3rs_Insignia.jpg

I fucking loved that show, I miss it so much even if it went wonky towards the end.

Vire

Everyone loves a spanking.

I'd actually prefer if it was bit closer, just for the sake of keeping them honest.

Seeing the headline PS+ subscriptions have doubled since Destiny's launch certainly makes all the issues PSN has been having as late make a lot more sense.

Trying to get them all out before the end of a fiscal quarter maybe?
well a fiscal quarter is 3 months isn't it? they didn't have to have it scheduled the same month as another exclusive.
And in my case give me 2 exclusives my PS4 has been thirsting for since Infamous and TLoU: Remastered one after another. I kinda dig that even if it's silly :p
that's fine.. i'm more interested in the order but i don't really care for either of these games
There's no division of customers. Bloodborne is going to completely swallow The Order up if they're released in the same month. Unless they give The Order a week lead time so that every owner of The Order can finish the interactive movie prior to Bloodborne. :p
this only furthers my point... dumbest thing ever for them to do this.

Aces&Eights

For the release date? No. TF would've gotten cannibalized by Destiny, MCC and CoD. EA and Respawn want this franchise to be relevant and releasing during the downtime is the best way to get the foundation set and build a core fanbase.

You are right about CoD. Totally forgot that was coming. So... don't mind me anymore. lol

All we really know right now is that it was "definitely the best selling PS4 SKU."

Shit I'll throw something in for fun too. Its still selling damn well in October as well. Lower percentage of total consoles than in September but the momentum is still alive.

That being said I can't give ya NPD like Cream and Aqua. They are the masters of that field :)

Does anyone else think that these numbers could spell doom for Sony? After the unprecedented backlash against Destiny it's all but guaranteed that people are going to be returning their PS4's enmass before their Dual Shock 4's even have time to fall apart. They'll see the enertainment juggenaut MCC sitting on the shelves and won't be able to resist the allure of The One. Desting will leave them with a case of blue balls only The Master can satisfy. It's going to be a Onederful November!

Shit I'll throw something in for fun too. Its still selling damn well in October as well. Lower percentage of total consoles than in September but the momentum is still alive.

That being said I can't give ya NPD like Cream and Aqua. They are the masters of that field :)

Wouldn't be surprised if that's why Sony is keeping quiet on their US holiday bundle offer for now.

Does anyone else think that these numbers could spell doom for Sony? After the unprecedented backlash against Destiny it's all but guaranteed that people are going to be returning their PS4's enmass before their Dual Shock 4's even have time to fall apart. They'll see the enertainment juggenaut MCC sitting on the shelves and won't be able to resist the allure of The One. Desting will leave them with a case of blue balls only The Master can satisfy. It's going to be a Onederful November!
too obvious lol
Or page 25 if you're not one of the "50 posts per page" heathens. ;)

still the same number of posts though

orochi91

I see you've graduated from the Verendus school of thought.

Vire

What was the PS2's worldwide sales a year out comparatively?

Are we on pace for another 100+ million console seller or is that not sustainable in the industry anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom