• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR: Bernie Sanders staying in the race 'Until The Last Vote Is Cast'

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug2k

Your last reason is exactly why Bernie has lost traction with the people that hadn't supported him. At some point, I was ok with either him or Hillary taking the nomination. But his dirty tactics in what was supposed to be anti-establishment politics, soured me on him, as well as others I know. Of course, the fact that his plans are complete fantasies in light of the current political climate/system doesn't help either.
Heh. Every primary I always have to remind myself at times that I didn't actually care which one wins. But I do still think he'd just be a disaster as president. He just doesn't strike me as the type of person who leads. Hes the guy in my meetings who rants a lot, but not the guy making decisions about hard trade offs. And he's really not the type of guy I want in charge if (god forbid) we actually did wind up in an unexpected war (I know, I know, with Bernie in charge, we'd have world peace).

I still could care less if Jesus comes down and grants him the presidency though. (Almost) Anythings better than Trump.

LilZippa

Heh. Every primary I always have to remind myself at times that I didn't actually care which one wins. But I do still think he'd just be a disaster as president. He just doesn't strike me as the type of person who leads. Hes the guy in my meetings who rants a lot, but not the guy making decisions about hard trade offs. And he's really not the type of guy I want in charge if (god forbid) we actually did wind up in an unexpected war (I know, I know, with Bernie in charge, we'd have world peace).

I still could care less if Jesus comes down and grants him the presidency though. (Almost) Anythings better than Drumpf.

By this logic you should love some Trump cause he decides things. You also might have liked W cause he was a decider.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. Gives people who are anti-Hilary somebody to throw a protest vote out to. He's not gonna win, I've come to terms with that a good while ago, but I can only imagine how much more disenfranchised the left would be if the race turned into an unabashed Hilary-only sprint, where the last few states don't get a voice at all; would probably affect down-ticket primary races. At least this way we can maintain the pretense it isn't already a sprint toward a Hilary nom.

Of course, it'd really help if our primary process to not be so friggin' drawn out, so we don't have earlier states getting more of a say than later ones - though honestly, I don't have any good solutions for fixing that at this point.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. Gives people who are anti-Hilary somebody to throw a protest vote out to. He's not gonna win, I've come to terms with that a good while ago, but I can only imagine how much more disenfranchised the left would be if the race turned into an unabashed Hilary-only sprint, where the last few states don't get a voice at all; would probably affect down-ticket primary races. At least this way we can maintain the pretense it isn't already a sprint toward a Hilary nom.

Of course, it'd really help if our primary process to not be so friggin' drawn out, so we don't have earlier states getting more of a say than later ones - though honestly, I don't have any good solutions for fixing that at this point.

Which does fuck all.

Makes 'em feel better, brings them out to vote for down-ticket race. Wouldn't call that "fuck all" - that'd be them staying at home (because why even bother voting if you have no choice?).

But it doesn't. That's the point, most down ticket primaries are single candidate. They need to come out to vote in the actual local elections to do anything.

Protest voting is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom