• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nuclear warheads lying in the sea?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit happens man. Of course its disturbing, but I seriously doubt that terrorists are going to be well informed enough to locate the locations of broken arrows beneath the ocean. It's not exactly highly publicised information..

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The report also estimated it would take as long as five years and cost $5 million to $11 million to recover the bomb.

Seeing how it would take the United States up to five years to recover the bomb, I doubt any terrorists are going to have the assets to recover this. Especially with out some one finding out what they are doing.

RiZ III

Why they hell do they even make weapons like these. To think theres just man made objects lying around all over the place with the sole purpose of destroying the planet is just mind boggling.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
BigJonsson said:
Terrorists are more then willing to spend that kind of money for a nuke

Yeah, but how will they do it with no one noticing. They can't just park a ship on top of it. Satellites would see it and someone would surely wonder what was going on. Nor would they be able to get a submarine (which they would alos have to purchase) in the area with out the Navy knowing about it. I would be more worried about whatever ecological damage that might have been done, then any sort of terrorists threats.

fart

Savant
sounds like a job for sealab

lazzo3-sealab.jpg

so thats where this movie got its title

U.S. Navy's Definition of Nuclear Weapon Accident

Nucflash

* Any accidental or unauthorized incident involving a possible detonation of a nuclear weapon by U.S. Forces which could create the risk of nuclear war between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.

Broken Arrow

* The accidental or unauthorized detonation, or possible detonation of a nuclear weapon (other than war risk);
* Non-nuclear detonation or burning of a nuclear weapon;
* Radioactive contamination;
* Seizure, theft, or loss of a nuclear weapon or component (including jettisoning);
* Public hazard, actual or implied.

Bent Spear

* Any nuclear weapon significant incidents other than nuclear weapons accidents or war risk detonations, actual or possible.

Dull Sword

* Any nuclear weapon incident other than significant incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom