• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA announces DLSS 3.5 with Ray Reconstruction, launches this fall.

Leonidas

NVIDIADLSS35NewRayRe.png

It appears that Nvidia has made another breakthrough in image reconstruction.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Man, Nvidia just keeps pulling away when it comes to reconstruction and ray tracing. FSR3 hasn't even launched yet.

Say what you will about GPU pricing (it's terrible), but Nvidia's software and development is amazing.
Yep they do fuck everybody with those cards prices but at least they are putting a lot of work into R&D but damn do we have to wait to get a decently priced gpu from them.

Caio

Just imagine the performance of the RTX 5090 with DLSS 4. Ok, I'm running to much :D
If only games were better optimized for these monster GPUs, I would give it a little thought.

timothet

Wow very impressive.
Sounds like that ray tracing accelerator Sony was working on , what I love about this is , announced and launched within three months.
Even less than that. Phantom Liberty launches in 34 days.

Edit:
Unless it's not launch feature for PL. But then why refer to it as Phantom Liberty, and not Cyberpunk 2077? It's not gonna be expansion-exclusive feature.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Would be cool to get the ray tracing reconstruction separate from the DLSS 3 frame generation bullshit but presumably they're doing this so that they can pseudo-force consumers to buy Lovelace GPUs over Ampere.

Slightly unrelated but why the hell does AMD open source its stuff? It never really benefits them. If (big if) FSR somehow surpasses DLSS in future in terms of quality and AMD keeps it open source, they'll have no software advantage over Nvidia so the default option (assuming pricing is not an issue) would be to buy Nvidia (since you'd get access to their closed stuff plus AMD-developed open source stuff).

Last edited:

bbeach123

I'm surprise they didnt save this RT reconstruction features for the 5000s series .

I wonder what exclusive features they had for the next 5000s .

Last edited:

FingerBang

My 4090 will last a long time. As much as I hate the shitty pricing of the 4000 series and the tech gatekeeping, they keep pushing graphics tech forward and the rest just follows. This sounds amazing.

Frame generation is the only thing exclusive to 4000 cards. One of the Nvidia Reddit mods says reconstruction will be available for all RTX cards.

Also Nvidia did not announce anything, this article is based on leaked slides. I guess we'll hear more at Gamescom this week.

Schmendrick

Man, Nvidia just keeps pulling away when it comes to reconstruction and ray tracing. FSR3 hasn't even launched yet.

Say what you will about GPU pricing (it's terrible), but Nvidia's software and development is amazing.
kinda like apple. they`re greedy assholes who want to control everything you do with things you`re supposed to own after having bought them, but one still has to admit that their hardware is top notch.

VN1X

Banned
It really is outstanding that they keep pushing this tech forward while already being in pole position in the industry.

Sadly AMD is stuck in 2010, and this is why imo NVIDA is the only gpu option. This is why thier cards cost so much.
Yes yes lets give devs even more excuses to not optimize their games.

Fuck me... It's okay you prefer a certain graphics card manufacturer over the other, Nvidia provide a ton of benefits over AMD for sure, but celebrating tech that basically amounts to a band-aid on a more industry wide problem is a bit "eh" to say the least lol.

Saying that though I guess this is the new reality of videogames where the tech people behind them aren't getting any better at optimization because they're not working with the typical constraints that were present in the past.

shamoomoo

Would be cool to get the ray tracing reconstruction separate from the DLSS 3 frame generation bullshit but presumably they're doing this so that they can pseudo-force consumers to buy Lovelace GPUs over Ampere.

Slightly unrelated but why the hell does AMD open source its stuff? It never really benefits them. If (big if) FSR somehow surpasses DLSS in future in terms of quality and AMD keeps it open source, they'll have no software advantage over Nvidia so the default option (assuming pricing is not an issue) would be to buy Nvidia (since you'd get access to their closed stuff plus AMD-developed open source stuff).
But what's the point of having gaming features exclusive to one vendor? GPUs should be a little more open as they aren't closed systems.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

So not only it improves performance but it also improves pathtracing accuracy? What the fuck, nvidia is like 10 years ahead of everyone, amd/consoles. Say what you want about their scummy prices and ram gouging but tech-wise, none can reach them.
But reconstruction ray tracing was done in Battlefield when the 2,000 series was announced. Also,that Ratchet & Clank does ray tracing.

GymWolf

What gains do i get with this tech if i keep rtx off? Just better visual quality compared to dlss3 vanilla?

Last edited:

Zathalus

Until Nvidia arbitrarily blocks your 4090 from their new DLSSwhatever
Frame Generation is not arbitrarily blocked from the 3000 series. There have been mods to enable it on the 3000 series and it turned out terrible. The white paper makes it clear that the new OFA capabilities of Ada makes it possible with very little image quality loss.

Do you think DLSS can run on the 1000 series as well?

Top Bottom