• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Game 24 Stream All Night Live Another Day

Iastfan112

Neo Member
Impressed did not expect 330 to be the price for the 970. Will be interesting to see how AMD responds, hopefully its not to painful for them as I'd prefer not to see what would happen in a world with 1 pc gpu manufacturer.

Tempted to go from 780 to 980 but I may wait. When do ya'll think <28nm will come?

Sooner than later. That's why I'm not burning cash on the 980 now, but I do really need to upgrade, and my excuse is that I'm moving my current rig to the living room to act as the HTPC for our home, so I need a new GPU in a new rig.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
970 would be a nice upgrade if I can offload my 760.

Gonna have to check out the non-reference coolers.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Review sits are saying its a hard launch and we've seen boxed cards in retail backrooms... so hopefully these drop in an hour or so!

Well, I don't know much about graphic card launches, but why wouldn't they say when it's out at the presser? All the video said was "2014".

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So without going into detail, this whole thing means nothing to me since I have a 780 ti right?

Yeah. If you're gonna buy anything, buy another 780ti for sli. That'd be much smarter than moving to either of these new cards.

Other things I take away from computerbase review:

- Power draw and noise increase greatly when overclocking.
- Nvidia cheaped out on the reference design 980 cooler.

Evo X

Yeah. If you're gonna buy anything, buy another 780ti for sli. That'd be much smarter than moving to either of these new cards.

How so? Another 780Ti would cost $700.

I would much rather offload my current 780Ti for ~$500, and buy the superior 980 for $550.

Even if I go SLI, the 980s would cost me a difference of $600, vs spending an additional $700 for the second 780Ti.

DarkFlow

Banned
How so? Another 780Ti would cost $700.

I would much rather offload my current 780Ti for ~$500, and buy the superior 980 for $550.

Even if I go SLI, the 980s would cost me a difference of $600, vs spending an additional $700 for the second 780Ti.

The 780ti is going to get real cheap now.

Looking at the pcper video review (favorite review site they have such good benchmarks) the price really makes (970) or breaks (980) these cards

the 980 is incredibly dissapointing price/performance wise compared to the 290x (especially if you keep in mind this is the new gen of cards not an old one like the 780 meant to compete with the 290x from day one)
Of course the performance/watt crushes the 290x but the price/performance is dire...

Meanwhile the 970 at this price looks like a good deal and like a great increase in performance/dollar over last gen stuff and especially over last gen nvidia stuff.

No such thing as a bad card, as long as the price is right: episode 3

I'm expecting nVidia to advertise some sort of Oculus bundle in the future, whenever retail hits. I wouldn't upgrade a videocard for VR until the Oculus is on store shelves.

Top Bottom