• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NWR: 2 25ish min videos of Ace Attorney 123 3DS. Confirms English option.

repost from other thread for more visibility

NintendoWorldReport uploaded a bunch of footage yesterday. Two videos, 26-27 mins each. Looks pretty damn good.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...-evidence-of-this-ace-attorney-3ds-collection

Now, after the success of the fifth entry, Capcom released today a Nintendo 3DS collection of the first three games. Named the Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection, the game features both English and Japanese language options. You can see us try the first two games below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OpgL0L1K2IY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5eDmwAs-Gs

so yeah, its pretty much going to come to the US. the question is when, and if eshop only.

L~A

Confirms?.... This was known since the announcement in January :p

But yeah, no idea why Capcom hasn't announced anything for the West, but then again, Cacpom gonna Capcpom.

ZeroX03

Banned
Did we ever get confirmation that they fixed the issues in AA HD, things like wrong music playing and missing frames of animation?

Grief.exe

We've known about the English option for some time. That is why it is strange to see that Capcom hasn't announced a US release for this one.

Did we ever get confirmation that they fixed the issues in AA HD, things like wrong music playing and missing frames of animation?

Not sure about the frames, but it was confirmed in the last thread that all of the music is from the superior DS version.

Alright Capcom, don't keep this from me. I've stopped playing the iOS version because I'm waiting for this one. Also because it's a bad port.

Grief.exe

Why doesn't this include the 4th game by the way?

Would seem the perfect lead in for me to pick up Dual Destinies, but now I have to go track down Apollo Justice first.

vareon

Would seem the perfect lead in for me to pick up Dual Destinies, but now I have to go track down Apollo Justice first.

"Wright Selection." basically, "original trilogy."

That, and it's using 1-2-3 iOS trilogy's assets. No AA4 iOS planned as far as I know.

Zalman

Look at this beast box art. I need Capcom to release this over here.

tumblr_inline_n0xa4ba9Sq1rmjx4g.jpg

Shengar

Why? Because it is separate storyline arc from the original trilogy? I guess it'll be nice to see AA4 rerelease, but packaging it with the original trilogy feels wrong to me.

sörine

Banned
I sort of expect eShop only individual releases for the 3 games. Sort of like what Level 5 has been doing for the Guild and IE collections in the west.

Why is the english option a surprise? It was part of the original Japanese release of the DS titles and this is just a port of those.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Still waiting on that physical release of Dual Destinies, Capcom.

The animation is the same as the iOS port, see Phoenix's document animation at 12:20 in the first video. Looks goofy with only 2 frames of animation. Guess there was no budget to draw the other animation frames.

Hope Pearl's theme made it back into the game.

I still think the best way to play all 4 DS games aside from an actual DS is via the emulator Drastic on an android device, but make sure you buy the games instead of just downloading them!

Dario ff

Banned
Assuming this comes to the states of course.

I dunno, I'm not convinced at the quality of this port. It seems like the animation is choppier than the DS version. (A bit hard to tell with the weird video compression that was used) I wouldn't really miss on the series just waiting out on this version of the game. :p

Thoraxes

No joke, if this doesn't come to the west, knowing that AA6 is happening and this exists is enough to push me to get a JP 3DS.
The Japanese DS versions of 2 and 3 also had english options though.

Yes they did. I loved getting them about half a year before their western releases.

you know, with all the new art and what not, am mildly surprised that they didn't redo at least the main characters using the art more in style with the guy who's been doing AA characters of the recent games.

rekameohs

Banned
Minor complaint, but I think that the text boxes and the font itself look really ugly. The original DS releases looked a lot better. Couple that with the sprites that are - in my opinion - worse, and I don't see a justification for buying this when they're charging it full price when I already own the DS games. Having them on one package is nice, and introducing new people to this series is always great, but I probably won't be getting this if there's no justification other than it being in 3D and in widescreen.

Top Bottom