• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Coming to 3DS eShop in November

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...oming-to-the-nintendo-3ds-eshop-this-november

Now the whole Ace Attorney series is natively on 3DS!

Basically, it's the Trilogy HD treatment. Port of the DS version with higher-res art assets, plus you can toggle between English and Japanese... plus, speed up and skip text!

92175417640978736ec75aa2a0feb0d4.jpg

3c2517e03b0b4c8bd50e93375451e696.jpg

2652865d2a40d5120d3ca354c09e35e8.jpg

Keeping with the spirit of the original release, the game's artwork has been updated to take advantage of more modern screens, giving Apollo and the colorful cast of characters a crisp, clean look and detailed animations. Seasoned veterans will also appreciate the option to quickly skip text – even if you haven't read it already! You'll also be able to choose between English and Japanese versions of the game from the main menu, which is more than a simple language switch option. As fans know, special care is always taken with the series' localization, both in text and in the game's art. See if you can find all the differences in the background art of this room from the Japanese version and English version, both included in this release:

2b150ec2153b46ed61f061aecfbe5924.png

02e8b41ac37a3cb68535e4e5e97c8b8e.png

Only $19.99!

UPDATE:

So... Jealous...

Holy crap! Apollo isn't my favorite character by any means but I'm supporting this for sure. Time to dust the 3DS off!

D-Man

It was only a matter of time for this to happen. Not my favorite AA game, but it has a lot of good moments and I'm too big of a fan not to support it.

Day 1 as usual.

Would this be a good place to start? I never played any of the Ace Attorney games.
Definitely not. Start with the Phoenix Wright Trilogy which contains the first three games. That's on the eShop as well!

[sounds of sadness in Japanese English]

If this fall goes by with no announcement of GAA 1 and 2 being localized, the dream is dead.

That's the equivalent length of time it took for Dragon Quest VII and VIII.

:(

Would this be a good place to start? I never played any of the Ace Attorney games.

It wouldn't be the worst. The game is relatively self-contained. The whole trilogy is up on the eShop already though, and Phoenix Wright 1 is probably the best way to go if you're going to play through all of them.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Isn't $20 a little steep considering it's one game? I wanna says it's more expensive than the HD mobile version, even.

The worst game in the series!

Really though, it's awesome that all of the games are going to be on the eShop. I might have to get a 3DS again.

Is this a necessary game for the series? I don't remember the reception being particularly hot and my playthrough of the trilogy hitting a brick wall in the form of that circus case made me not pick this one up.

But I got the first 3DS one in a sale, and have been waiting for the trilogy to go back on sale and start a fresh journey.

I hope they add a soft reset option, or at least a way of loading a save. I'm playing through the 3DS Trilogy now and it's a pain having to quit out to the 3DS Home Menu every time I screw up.

Xbro

Is this a necessary game for the series? I don't remember the reception being particularly hot and my playthrough of the trilogy hitting a brick wall in the form of that circus case made me not pick this one up.

But I got the first 3DS one in a sale, and have been waiting for the trilogy to go back on sale and start a fresh journey.

It's pretty important. You really just need to power through it. It has some of the weaker cases in the series, and Apollo doesn't get any real development until the next game, but it introduces a lot of things that are built upon in the next two games.

bluethree

Fuck yes, I'm in Japan with a US 3DS now so I don't have to go through the trouble of finding a physical copy. Played through the original trilogy this year and loved it, definitely some of my favorite games now.

LAA

Weird this seems to get hate, or at least not rated as highly.
This actually was the first AA game I played back in the DS days, (unwisely now looking back, I would reccommend AA1-3 first, but dont think its catastrophic to play this first and AA1-3 afterwards), so, maybe it's nostalgia talking but wouldn't say it's the worst now. Dual Destinies is probably that to me now, probably AAI1 is behind that too for me.

Isn't this essentially the android/iOS port to 3DS too?
Already got it on android, which lately is winning against 3DS for games like this, so probably won't get it again, maybe when it gets very cheap.

Just specifically added a mention from the quote in the OP since, to me, it's this release's biggest addition... speed up/skip text!! Bugged me so much in the original.

I wonder if this'll get a physical in Japan or be digital-only there too.

You can happily play the original trilogy and ignore everything else if you want. But if you want to play the second trilogy then yeah, Apollo is a must.

Isn't $20 a little steep considering it's one game? I wanna says it's more expensive than the HD mobile version, even.

The others (Trilogy, DD, SoJ) are all $30. $20 is a bit cheaper though of course the Trilogy's value is hard to beat. I will say all of the others have been on sale at sub-20 at various points (at least Trilogy and DD have been)..

Nice! The most underrated game in the franchise by a LARGE margin. I have the physical version from when it was released on the DS, but I'll definitely pick this up whenever I have the chance.

Refyref

While definitely the worst game in the series, it's good that it's easily available for people who want it, especially since the second trilogy builds off of it. I most probably won't be double dipping in this, though. At least not anytime soon.

Now the whole Ace Attorney series is natively on 3DS!

Except for the Investigations duo.

The iOS port of this is offensive compared to Ace Attorney 123HD and the AA5 port. It requires a persistent Internet connection to work.

Neat, I literally just traded in my copy of the DS game to Amazon today. Might check this out just to have the whole series on 3DS.

Dsyndrome

Great game, Justice for Life!

Need the games not localized, however. Unless this is advertised more than the standard, I don't know what Capcom's objective is.

Wasn't a huge fan of ace attorney trilogy - seemed filtered and softer then the originals. Didn't it also miss some of the animations?

Will wait to see this in motion.

Opa-Pa

Didn't expect this to be announced for the west so soon after that leak, cool.

This is my least favorite mainline game, but still cool to have access to it natively on 3DS. My girlfriend loves it too, so I bet she'll be happy.

Champion

Who asked for this disappointment of a game? It's a solid entry in the series but COME THE FUCK ON, Capcom! Where are the Dai Gyakuten Saiban games??!!?!

Aru

Damn, I bought the DS version not too long ago, still haven't played it. Would have waited if I knew.

Damn, I bought the DS version not too long ago, still haven't played it. Would have waited if I knew.

I mean there's a chance the DS one might be superior. DS versions of 1-3 is a better experience then the 3DS 1-3 collection. We'll know when we start seeing videos of it I guess.

I mean there's a chance the DS one might be superior. DS versions of 1-3 is a better experience then the 3DS 1-3 collection. We'll know when we start seeing videos of it I guess.

Are you sure you don't mean the mobile? As far as I know the only difference are redrawn sprites between DS and 3ds.

But anyway, it's really cool to know all mainline games so far on the 3ds. I loved this game, and I wish they didn't change Apollo's thinking sprite so much:

latest

tumblr_inline_o7kejnziQo1qkpnrw_540.gif

Definitely not. Start with the Phoenix Wright Trilogy which contains the first three games. That's on the eShop as well!

It wouldn't be the worst. The game is relatively self-contained. The whole trilogy is up on the eShop already though, and Phoenix Wright 1 is probably the best way to go if you're going to play through all of them.

It's not exactly the worst place to jump in, but you'd probably be much better off playing the original trilogy which is also on the eShop

Hell no. Play the first three games.

What? NO!
Wow I didn't expect these responses. I guess I'll have to start from the first one and work my way up.

I guess it'll help explain
what the heck happened to Phoenix Wright
in this game.

Now to see how much the first one is and if I'll enjoy it.

Top Bottom