• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Why are people saying the Treehouse retweet means it's fake? These people may not even know anything about internal affairs, R&D, prototypes and such. I assumed they're basically just PR demo people that set up the stage at E3.

Also, people make mistakes. If it costs this person their job, that's sad. It could also be the other way around - Nintendo already knows about the previous leak, probably just throwing a curveball.

People are so eager to claim fake just because one person comes out and says so. There's more proof that it's real than fake at this point, but it is probably a prototype, as said many times.
Treehouse localizes almost every single Nintendo developed game in the Americas. By definition, they have closer access than most people in America does, and unless Nintendo isn't developing any launch software, they likely are at least familiar with the NX.

dunno what it means that he retweeted it but shit this ride is crazy

If the buttons do work like this:

yOpohe4.gif

Then I can see myself being very ok with this.

Lutherian

Remember that time they offered multiple control options for like 95% of their games. Yikes people, slow your roll. Looks like a fun handheld/control option to me.

Yay, remember Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Skyward Sword and other games where you CAN'T use a classic controller. Because, reason. If you don't have a visual handicap that can't make you use the Wiimote to close to the TV, that's great. Or else, you're screwed with two of the best 3D Mario ever made.

AdanVC

People are going insane on NoA's twitter right now with this leaks/fake pics/whatever. Literally nobody cares what NoA tweets right now, they just rage about this hahah

Peltz

Iwata said that the future hardware would have many different form factors. Maybe this is just one of several? Maybe they have multiple SKUs that all look different?

Treehouse guy's tweet is a wash and doesn't prove it one way or another

True he'd be fired for sharing leaked info, but he'd be equally fired for sharing speculative leaked info. The party line is to provide no comment and hope it goes away (for real and fake rumors)

It's likely that he just has no clue one way or another

RhyDin

Absolutely not. Treehouse is involved with localization of Nintendo games; only recently have they taken PR up.

If NX is coming this year then I'd bet they have a few NX games in their hands.

Didn't know this, insightful, thank you.

I don't think him retweeting it necessarily discredits it. There are many reasons he could have, including what many said in the previous thread - that Nintendo needs to come out and say something to at least drum up some controversy or appeal leading up to E3.

People are going insane on NoA's twitter right now with this leaks/fake pics/whatever. Literally nobody cares what NoA tweets right now, they just rage about this hahah

To be fair, that's NoA Twitter every day.

NoA Tweet: "Take 20% off these great games!"

Replies: "WHERE IS F-ZERO YOU IDIOTS?!"

Is it even useful? Looks more like a novelty feature to impress your friends with your new gadget and nothing more.

-more or less buttons depending on which game you play (no buttons that do the same thing)
-buttons as part of the game UI
-customize button interface (ie. instead of saying press "X" to bring out menu, now the button can be labeled "menu" or whatever icon dev assigns it to)
-customize button placement
seems useful to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom