• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

NeoGAF playing too much The Witness

The-Witness_20160127223639-600x338.jpg

Guys, its pretty obvious that this is the back of the controller. Those are not forward facing analog sticks, the controller has L1 and R1 click wheels paired with L2 and R2 analog sticks. The other side has normal face buttons, but the twist is it has dual analog Rubics Cubes (Perfect for inventory management and puzzle mechanics). Having exhausted all of the potential of having a second screen on the gamepad with the Wii U, Miyamoto decided to challenge the team to try and be innovative. That is how they arrived at the first rear-facing second screen on a controller. Perfect for two player couch play, so you can actually look at the person your playing with for the first time.

Regarding the apparently multiple/independent sources of the controller leaks from today and last week: do we actually know this for a fact? All I see is one anonymous Reddit throwaway with a white unit and another anonymous Reddit throwaway with a black unit. Nothing about this screams independent confirmation so far.

Peterc

I know it, but it isn't haptic feedback. It works with a switch and isn't configurable.

It will be more something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiCqlYKRlAA

You can feel the buttons and it will give you a press feel. The same as physical buttons.

I think in the final design will have better shapes? Some grips for your hands.
But I like the design

I'll reserve final judgment until I actually have one in my hands and can try it out but wow, this looks and sounds terrible, they better have a classic controller packed with every system. Can't believe the leak was real.

Herbs

Banned
Lol naw.

They won't have a press conference, they'll only have a Nintendo Direct.
They'll call it Wii X, but won't show the console at all.
It'll launch with Zelda U ported over. And some mini-game collection.
It'll be slightly less powerful than Xbox One. And it'll cost about as much too.

Then they'll blame the public for not understanding the product.

and we're done here

I'm not sure if I can believe Unseen64's post, but I guess it is better than random people freaking out. :D

If the buttons do work like this:

yOpohe4.gif

Then I can see myself being very ok with this.

That video actually made me a believer but I will wait until we know more before passing judgement.

Good posts. I'm very intrigue with the technology behind it if they felt that it was good enough to replace face buttons.

Neff

Nah, still fake. Had me going for a second, though.

Why are people saying the Treehouse retweet means it's fake? These people may not even know anything about internal affairs, R&D, prototypes and such. I assumed they're basically just PR demo people that set up the stage at E3.

Probably because unauthorised comments from official channels regarding speculative information over huge trade secrets doesn't happen.

The only way this would be real is if Nintendo 'leaked' it themselves to gather a consensus on it, and a Treehouse member is doing their job and drawing attention to it. The problem with that idea is that it's incredibly late in the day for NX development-wise, and technology-led multinationals tend not to look to the internet to decide how they're going to spend millions and millions of dollars.

We already know Nintendo's NDAs on NX are incredibly strict, and that they're keen to avoid letting competitors get a head start on their ideas, and neither strategy really complements intentionally leaking pics to Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom