• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kFdTrKI.jpg

There are no trees on the moon, therefore the controller is a fake. I've cracked your code, Noonan!

Sean is actually claiming this is fake because he believes the moon landing is faked. It's a meta-commentary

Fucked up, but true. My source within Nintendo of Australia has confirmed this

Jackano

Is the bottom-center thing supposed to be a home/power button?

Because if it is, I'm leaning toward Team Fake (again) because of the lack of camera.

jts

...hate me...
Honestly, too good looking to be a fake. Prototype at worst. Same as the iPhone 4 back then, and there were still people claiming fake.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sean is actually claiming this is fake because he believes the moon landing is faked. It's a meta-commentary

Fucked up, but true. My source within Nintendo of Australia has confirmed this

WHAT IS EVEN A REAL POST OR A JOKE ANYMORE!?

Enough of this shit!

Akhe

I agree if true. Everyone burned by the Wii and WiiU hardware has been waiting for them to make a proper console. I love their software, but if this is the direction they're taking, then I'm out.
Hum? I don't get it. You enjoy Nintendo's software but you don't like the hardware...but ins't the objective to have fun? o.o?

Is the bottom-center thing supposed to be a home/power button?

Because if it is, I'm leaning toward Team Fake (again) because of the lack of camera.

On the white prototype, it's a black dot. If it was a home button, it'd be white. So I'm inclined to think it's a camera.

Mexen

Has Nintendo solved the touch screen button problem? Oh, man, I am anxious to see demos as soon as possible.

This could be huge for gaming! Mobile gaming could finally have a universally excellent way of playing. What would ensue then would be IPs.

Sony pumping out VR titles, Microsoft with its holograms and Nintendo with a novel way of using touch screens.

All different directions. Exciting times! Who will win, I wonder?

Actual photos always trump text, and they absolutely trump second-hand text, and they absolutely positively trump second-hand text from am unreliably source
And some random, anonymous redditor is not an unrealiable source, even for pictures which, as far as i remember aren't even confirmed to be from certain person and could very well be from a second hand source?

3D printing can't print something like this though.

Yes.. it can? They made the shell with a 3D printer. We don't have the actual thing in our hands so who is to say that's even actually glass and not just a piece of hard plastic cut to fit around the sticks to look like glass? Then you get some electrical tape and a label maker.

I'm not saying that it's 100% 3D printed but you could absolutely make something like this with one.

You legit think that is a 3d print?

Tell me why that is out of the realm of possibility. I think that if it is fake, then it's far more likely someone actually made a physical thing than photoshopping it. I mean it's pretty obvious that real or fake it's an actual physical object there. I don't see any reason to think it couldn't have been 3D printed.

LordOfChaos

If it has a taptic-like haptic engine and screen all around the sticks, I wonder how well large haptic feedback giving buttons all around the sticks would work, a bit like this amazing drawing I made

X150GtE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom