• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqu

kFdTrKI.jpg

i'm pretty sure the moon landing is supposed to be real

but some people think it's fake

so...

clearly what you're trying to tell us is nintendo was behind faking the moon landing.

You know, this made me think. With 3D printers becoming more advanced and accessible, these types of leak go to a whole new dimension, especially considering potato quality photos.

It wouldn't look this good. 3D printers don't do texture like this, the resolution on most printers isn't quite good enough for this sort of thing.

AdanVC

WHAT'S THAT SMILE SUPPOSED TO MEAN, SEAN!? I'm going nuts over here I'm done of being a game enthusiast!!!1 I'm going to be a chess enthusiast from now on

what

dude, on the one hand you have multiple high-resolution pictures of a leaked device

on the other hand you have a second-hand passing of the information. his tweet is just a few choice words away from reading as "my uncle at NoE says this is fake"
And because the pictures are not made with some pre-1999 throw-away camera makes them valid?

I'm not saying this Liam dude is right, i'm just saying that an anonymous redditor is a more trustful source than someone who has been right before, but also wrong many times.

-Horizon-

i'm pretty sure the moon landing is supposed to be real

but some people think it's fake

so...

clearly what you're trying to tell us is nintendo was behind faking the moon landing.

lol you had me

then you lost me

Nintendium is actually alien tech

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I didn't read the whole topic, so don't know if confirmed fake, but if it is real, then more Gimmicky Nintendo nonsense. It's like they are afraid to conform or mimic the success of Microsoft or Sony with basic concepts.

bomblord1

Banned
Man that's sexy as hell I'm getting excited now. IF the usually jank ass devkit controller looks that good the real thing is going to be gorgeous.

Kansoku

You legit think that is a 3d print?

It wouldn't look this good. 3D printers don't do texture like this, the resolution on most printers isn't quite good enough for this sort of thing.

Of course not. I'm not talking about this one specifically, but about (hardware) leaks in general.

And you can complement a simple 3d printed base with other materials + photoshop + bad photo quality to mask the defects.

And because the pictures are not made with some pre-1999 throw-away camera makes them valid?

I'm not saying this Liam dude is right, i'm just saying that an anonymous redditor is a more trustful source than someone who has been right before, but also wrong many times.

Actual photos always trump text, and they absolutely trump second-hand text, and they absolutely positively trump second-hand text from am unreliably source

Parapraxis

I posted this elsewhere but really...some people are overstating the lengths people would go to to fake something. What would be the benefit to go to such lengths to fake this with identical fakes, one in black finish, one in white.

Can anybody show that it originated from a certain individual/site which has directly had a huge traffic bump or something from it? it makes no sense, I know people like to fake stuff, but this seems a bit extreme if there is no logical gains for anybody.

Honome

Guys, guys... I posted this... TREE MONTHS AND TREETY DAYS AGO

This is pretty much the feeling i have that the new system will be. I also believe it will not be much powerful so the price for console + handheld is accessible. They know that way they'll loose compmetely third party AAA support, but i don't think they have to care about that. The system may have full BC for 3ds and wiiu games, also VC and their mobile games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom