• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX officially has the least time between reveal and release of any Nintendo platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie is going to appear in a Direct and say, "You've had the NX all along. The NX is in your hearts."

And we'll all roll our eyes at the cheese... before clutching our chests in pain.

"Reggie... What did you do??"

"I told you: It's in your heart."

Cecil,
Video Game news is not part of Night Vale Public Radio's purview.
- Station Management

Anth0ny

Does it really need that much time? It'll get mostly ignored by mainstream consumers this holiday season anyway.

Throw out a superbowl ad in january, start tv commercials soon after. It'll be fine.

i don't think GAF really grasps this

99% of people will first hear about this thing when it pops up on ellen/jimmy fallon two weeks before launch, or in the wal mart holiday catalogue in november of next year

All the speculation about journalists going on 'holiday'. I can just picture the NDA'd invitation they received:

'Dear Jose Otero,

Please come to Nintendo HQ.
I've baked an NX for you.

Yours truly,
Reggie Fils-Aime'

Smellycat

To be honest, that is still A LOT of time these days. People need to realize the power of the media, especially social media.

People in this thread are aware that Nintendo has almost never (and not within the last 20 years) delayed hardware once there was an official release window, right?

NX really is Nintendo best marketed system. Everyone is going crazy for the Nintendo Unkown...

I don't think so, people seem thirsty more than hyped. Nintendo just left us with no big games besides Pokémon. The "Revolution" era was a lot crazier, it had also a better marketing from day one. NX was a stupid announcement made to keep fans and some investors happy, I think it may even backfire.

tilomite!

I also doubt it's releasing in March at this point. I think they'd want to announce and steak some of Sony and Microsoft's holiday thunder if they could.

Comandr

NX really is Nintendo best marketed system. Everyone is going crazy for the Nintendo Unkown...

By everyone you mean a certain percentage of the users on NeoGAF, right? Because I'm certain that a colossal amount of people that Nintendo is going to try to pander to, have NO idea about the NX.

With that in mind, I think waiting until right before (a March, lol) release is a bad idea. Better to drum up interest sooner rather than later. I like what they're doing with the Pokémon Sun & Moon video trickle. I was adamant that I would not, absolutely not spend any more money on 3DS games. But the stream of info that is pouring out about the game has begun to dissolve my resolution.

Furthermore, wouldn't March be a HORRIBLE time to release a new system, with a ton of big games launching on other platforms in that time frame?

Games that fall into that nebulous window include but are not limited to: Persona 5, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Dragon Quest XI (lol), Mass Effect: Andromeda, Sea of Thieves, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Yooka-Laylee.

There are a looooooot of reasons to spend your time playing every system OTHER than the NX. If you're going to skip out on this holiday, you might as well just hold out until holiday 2017.

I'd still like to know what the god damn thing is though.

The NX has a release date?

Yes, they officially stated several times that it would release in March 2017.

I also doubt it's releasing in March at this point. I think they'd want to announce and steak some of Sony and Microsoft's holiday thunder if they could.

Not that it can't be delayed, but it would be a very very crazy and rare move by Nintendo to delay hardware that has an official date. This is something that hasn't happened since the N64.

shira

I haven't bought a single Wii U game or console so it makes sense to me.

This is the desperation platform.

Why is there doubt for March release? People creating arbitrary "rules" of why it's too late for a reveal for a March release...

Kimishima: Every day there is a new NX thread on Neogaf, we delay the reveal two weeks.
Reggie: Those insatiable fucks deserve it.
Miyamoto: ~laughs~

With that thinking the world will end before the NX gets revealed.

Why is there doubt for March release? People creating arbitrary "rules" of why it's too late for a reveal for a March release...

People just trust their gut feelings even though there's no reason to expect a delay. Hell, they've consistently said a reveal will come in 2016, even saying Fall 2016, and today is the first day that falls into that time range yet people are assuming the reveal is constantly being pushed back.

It's impatience, plain and simple.

Which they would just get on and tell us about it, dont worry nobody is going to copy you Nintendo certainly if it is a handheld 1st. Just want to know if it will be worthwhile to me or not have a 2 hour commute and love my vita. Think this is getting silly now Paris games week is the only big gaming convention this year right?

yoonshik

who cares about nx?

You all should be playing Dragon Quest VII right now. Best JRPG of the year.

nx its coming out in November, 2017 anyway

People just trust their gut feelings even though there's no reason to expect a delay. Hell, they've consistently said a reveal will come in 2016, even saying Fall 2016, and today is the first day that falls into that time range yet people are assuming the reveal is constantly being pushed back.

It's impatience, plain and simple.

Yeah, Fall just started. This is when Nintendo said they would "officially" talk about NX.

jackal27

Banned
Reggie is going to appear in a Direct and say, "You've had the NX all along. The NX is in your hearts."

I would be so happy if this actually happened hahaha

Also I believe it's going to be pushed back. Don't really care either way though. I'll have it eventually.

To be honest, that is still A LOT of time these days. People need to realize the power of the media, especially social media.

I agree completely! I feel like people are still stuck in the mindset that the buildup is still in the form of monthly magazines and the occasional video (and maybe even a promotional DVD.)

It's soooo different now.

marmoka

Banned
Oh that title... I got very nervous for a second. Like when your college mates told you the exam qualifications were already up in the internet. That feeling... Those were the days.

maxcriden

People in this thread are aware that Nintendo has almost never (and not within the last 20 years) delayed hardware once there was an official release window, right?

This can't be quoted enough. Mmh, and it also needs to be noted that per the highly proven Trev leak, the NX was originally scheduled for release (along with Zelda) this holiday season, to the point where internal marketing documents were readying for it. Given that, it stands to reason it was fairly near to completion.

Yeah, Fall just started. This is when Nintendo said they would "officially" talk about NX.

I believe it starts in about 20 mins. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom