• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe3208

Banned
Is it bad that I'm working from home tomorrow so that I can bask in the moment of the reveal with all y'all crazy mofos on here?

VSdkl6n.png

"Home gaming system". Let's see if it's really a hybrid.

Frankly, I love this. Nintendo getting the insufferable AMD/console truther crowd's hopes up just before they stick the shiv in.

I'll be really sad if they don't keep the NX codename for the console.
NX sounds awesome. I think the only name that might sound better would be "Nexus".
It rolls of the tongue and it has that meaning behind it if being a... well, Nexus for gamers if console and handheld games alike.

And yes, I am fully aware of that ugly ass fan rendition of the same name that came out way before the Wii was even announced.

It'd still be a great name though.

AniHawk

Nintendo's main home console systems that sold in all major territories.

1. Famicom - NES (a 3rd generation console, like the Sega Mark III / Master System)

2. Super Famicom - Super NES (a 4th gen console, like Sega Megadrive / Genesis)

3. Nintendo 64 (5th gen console)

4. GameCube (6th gen console, like Dreamcast, PS2 and og XBOX)

5. Wii ("new gen" console, launched during the traditional 7th gen; Xbox 360 / "HD era", including PS3)

6. Wii U

7. ?NX?

you're missing the color tv game, which was a gen 1 console.

(ah, 'all major territories')

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Frankly, I love this. Nintendo getting the insufferable AMD/console truther crowd's hopes up just before they stick the shiv in.

Not everybody is enthusiastic about all games potentially being upscaled handheld titles with all the limitations that implies.

AdanVC

Please have a cool name please have a cool name please PLEASEEEE!!

Please no more ridiculous names like Ouya or Wii U or painfully long ass names like New Nintendo 3DS XL. Just something cool and short. Or just keep the name NX! D:

Smellycat

What if this is just a teaser video of Mario just walking around in that costume and then the console isn't revealed till the very end with a partial reveal?

I can't stay up for this.

I'll just have to be disappointed when I get up tomorrow afternoon instead of being disappointed with you all in real time.

Please no more ridiculous names like Ouya or Wii U or painfully long ass names like New Nintendo 3DS XL. Just something cool and short. Or just keep the name NX! D:

I'd be alright if they used Famicom. or something weird.

Relaxt

Neo Member
I'll be really sad if they don't keep the NX codename for the console.
NX sounds awesome. I think the only name that might sound better would be "Nexus".
It rolls of the tongue and it has that meaning behind it if being a... well, Nexus for gamers if console and handheld games alike.

And yes, I am fully aware of that ugly ass fan rendition of the same name that came out way before the Wii was even announced.

It'd still be a great name though.

Google already has/had a Nexus phone line. I hope they stick with NX too.

Ubernube

Not everybody is enthusiastic about all games potentially being upscaled handheld titles with all the limitations that implies.

Nintendo is likely marketing it as a home console specifically so people don't make that dumb as hell connotation. A good game is a good game, doesn't matter where or how it's played. Given what we know, the NX is going to be much, much more beefy then a traditional handheld, beefy enough to play Breath of the Wild, which is a console game.

AniHawk

the official name will be 'codename en ex'

I AM FUCKING READY.
I grew up with Nintendo consoles but have not played a single Wii and WiiU game. I miss a Zelda game soooo much. I literally can't wait.

Please be good.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Nintendo is likely marketing it as a home console specifically so people don't make that dumb as hell connotation. A good game is a good game, doesn't matter where or how it's played.

Only a fool wouldn't realise that handheld hardware has limitations that console hardware of the same gen does not and would effectively mean cross-gen levels of fidelity.

Visual fidelity does matter. For some it might not, but calling it a "dumb as hell connotation" is bollocks.

sappyday

I'm expecting the worst. I fully expect them to not have learned from the Wii U debacle at all. And that mario image solidifies that they're still masters at cringe.

AmyS

Remember, set your expectations accordingly. We should expect something somewhat more powerful than the Wii U and I'm ok with that.

True.

Keep in mind, Eurogamer's report that NX dev kits are using Tegra X1 (if NX ends up using the next gen Tegra "Parker" would be even better, but as for Tegra X1:

Tegra X1 maxes at 512 GFlops (normal single precison FP32)

This is, more than 2X stronger than Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U, not to mention having a modern architecture and feature set. Not to mention, its Nvidia, and Flops performance between them and AMD/Radeon are significantly different.

liquidtmd

Banned
Cv_K2z_VIUAAAT8_KE.jpg

Three minutes of a Nintendo Console retrospective, a lift of the curtain at the end and...

"IM SORRY BUT YOUR NX IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom