• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

page_hero_lynx.jpg

Picture of the actual controller.

KIDDING!

That would be absolutely EPYX man ! :D

Are their separate ON and OFF buttons?
Are you supposed to hit them at the same time?

How the fuck do those OPTION buttons work?
Do you hit the top two buttons at the same time to "RESTART?"

Those lines connecting the buttons in seemingly random ways are insanity.

It was the 90s man, weird times :D

Gleethor

Weird. A three minute trailer of a console that is yet to be formally revealed. Even if they announce an NX Direct, why not just skip the trailer and go straight to that for the reveal?

That is, unless, it won't actually be revealed in this trailer, and we'll just get a few more vague details along with info on launch titles?

I dunno. A three minute trailer to reveal their new console just seems kind of unenthusiastic to me...

I think it's a "hook" aimed at people not traditionally tuning in to Nintendo Directs. I don't doubt that there will be a full 45+ minute blowout coming soon but I think the idea is to create something much shorter and more consumable by the average person in order to get the word out that Nintendo is making a new system and this is what its called, this is what it does, get hype etc.

Alastor3

I have a question tho, I assume that a lot of people don't have a Wii U or don't really play with it as there aren't a lot of games on it, why are people excited about the next Nintendo console?

Why hasn't anyone made a SOON image with that Mario pic

do you think it will go up for preorder tomorrow?

This seems like a 2-stage event. They reveal it tomorrow, and then next week or sometime shortly there's a bigger presentation they've prepared. If that's the case I'd imagine preorders would go up after that second thing.

If there's a second thing. I dunno. Tales from my ass.

Krowley

A lot of people missed this but earlier in the thread there was talk of a barrage of tweets by Laura Kate Dale--a destructoid writer (or former destructoid writer)

She basically laid out in great detail what to expect tommorow based on her sources.

You can read it all on her Twitter here: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz

But in basic terms:

1. They will reveal the system's appearance

2. It's name and the concept, how it works and what makes it cool

3. They will show zelda. (she doesn't say there will be other games, and doesn't say there won't.)

There will be other information coming shortly thereafter, including a spec sheet (I think she said before the weekend)

She also said there were 3 devs that she knew of waiting for NX reveal to announce games for it very soon afterward. Maybe even the same day.

Duderz

Banned
Nintendo, please show you've learned since 2012 and the messaging for the NX is clear, concise, and on point. As always, I'm very excited to see what is the next chapter for them.

Counting down!

3 minutes eh..

-PS4 equivalent hardware
-tablet controller (works anywhere with wifi)
-Zelda BotW Launch title
-Mario mainline launch title
-Mario Kart 9
-Pokemon GO HARDER
-3rd party list
-Nintendo Now Network (dat online sys)
-March 17'
-$399

It's basically what the WII U should have been i.e. modern hardware, tablet controller can play games anywhere, modern online infrastructure, cheevos/tropheos, etc.

We already know it's not as powerful as XB1, let alone PS4. And it's not going to be $399.

I have a question tho, I assume that a lot of people don't have a Wii U or don't really play with it as there aren't a lot of games on it, why are people excited about the next Nintendo console?

I do have a Wii U, and almost ever first party game was good or a masterpiece...you can still hop on now and play Mario Kart or Splatoon online, on a console "that no one bought..."

Toparaman

Banned
3 minutes eh..

-PS4 equivalent hardware
-tablet controller (works anywhere with wifi)
-Zelda BotW Launch title
-Mario mainline launch title
-Mario Kart 9
-Pokemon GO HARDER
-3rd party list
-Nintendo Now Network (dat online sys)
-March 17'
-$399

It's basically what the WII U should have been i.e. modern hardware, tablet controller can play games anywhere, modern online infrastructure, cheevos/tropheos, etc.

Let it go, let it go...

I remember when there was so much excitement about the E3 being devoted entirely to the Wii U. And then it was almost entirely filler, still showed 3DS shit, and sucked. Nintendo is always capable of disappointing me.

Also, when it was first announced, even I was confused about whether or not the Wii U was a new console or just a controller, as someone who had been following Cafe all the way up until the announcement. Nintendo bungled the Wii U in almost every way.

That said, I'm still hyped.

Awesome.

I was skeptical of the leakers authenticity, but the fact that Eurogamer corroborated it made it more credible. I think it's important to go into these situations with a good amount of salt.

With all that being said, I'm excited to finally see what this thing is...

oti

Banned
A lot of people missed this but earlier in the thread there was talk of a barrage of tweets by Laura Kate Dale--a destructoid writer (or former destructoid writer)

She basically laid out in great detail what to expect tommorow based on her sources.

You can read it all on her Twitter here: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz

But in basic terms:

1. They will reveal the system's appearance

2. It's name and the concept, how it works and what makes it cool

3. They will show zelda. (she doesn't say there will be other games, and doesn't say there won't.)

There will be other information coming shortly thereafter, including a spec sheet (I think she said before the weekend)

She also said there were 3 devs that she knew of waiting for NX reveal to announce games for it very soon afterward. Maybe even the same day.

I saw those tweets and paid her 1€ via PayPal. This crazy NX ride has brought me so much pain joy, it's worth a Euro lol.

GCX

No price shown tomorrow, right?

If it has been mentioned in any leaks at least.
There's almost no change of the price being shown. It'll probably be a concept trailer that shows the ideas behind the console and builds hype but doesn't go to details.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Holy crap it's actually happening. I can't wait to see just what Nintendo has been up to.

Sadist

Yeah, and wouldn't it be neat? We think we're just going to see the console design and stuff in the preview, but it could really blow the lid off other embargoes as well. Like okay guys, it's been revealed, so we can now reveal we're working on this! And we see a bunch more shit tomorrow after the trailer.

Seriously, and it ain't happening but if say Retro is like here's Metroid Prime 4 I would absolutely blow a gasket.
What a time to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom