• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

am i the only one that was disappointed by bayo 2 and doesn't want to see another one from Hashimoto?
Kamiya or nothing.

Every morning this week I woke up hoping to see this thread. And here it is and it's already 42 pages long! 3 minutes is a short amount of time. I hope we will get a Direct soon after.

synce

Not sure where the 3 minute figure came from, but if true I suspect we're not getting more than 30 seconds of gameplay footage. Just don't let it be a WiiU Gamepad 2, and don't let it be over $300

Could Platinum Games be one of the devs waiting for Nintendo to announce the NX tomorrow so they can reveal Bayonetta 3?

Every morning this week I woke up hoping to see this thread. And here it is and it's already 42 pages long! 3 minutes is a short amount of time. I hope we will get a Direct soon after.
The 3 minutes from from NCL

Gamepad

If only...

mp4lak2xh7kmm.gif

random25

Soraya Saga retweeting? If it's guaranteeing a new Xenoblade in NX at some point then damn!

And I hope Platinum is on board too.

Reading Laura´s tweets. I did not expect this much coming later today. I honestly thought that we would get a sketch, like the Mega64 E3 announcement videos. With just a tini tiny tease of the thing itself and a direct date next week.

But the whole console + maybe even price? Shieeet. Gonna pre-order right away lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Honestly, there's too little to go on other than it's different and probably smaller budgeted.

Well the "Nintendo doesn't have anything like this" comment could narrow it down. Nintendo doesn't have any first person shooters or open-world games, for example.

It's always exciting to see Nintendo breach out to new territories.

Pandy

Great news to wake up to, and on a day when I should be able to watch it live too.

The sun is shining, it's going to be a glorious day.

In before confusing and messy trailer leaves everyone thinking NX is a cross between a Virtual Boy and an Ouya.

skypunch

Banned
Well the "Nintendo doesn't have anything like this" comment could narrow it down. Nintendo doesn't have any first person shooters or open-world games, for example.

Xenoblade X and the new Zelda are both open-world.

Hopefully the reveal will look better than something that looks like a Wii, and a pan around a garden with cherry blossoms or whatever it was.

Zomba13

Why are people who retweet it some kind of hint? Wouldn't most Nintendo employees want to retweet it? Wouldn't most devs who are involved with Nintendo in some way retweet it? It doesn't mean anything from them will be shown and it's not really a big deal that x Nintendo Developer is working on a new game for the new console.

Oregano

You know it could just be to promote the NX preview? It's only 3 minutes. They don't have time to show all these games. Those will come later.

Could be, but as I said she's got not a Nintendo employee. I don't think she's ever retreated generic Nintendo announcements.

sappyday

What do you guys genuinely think we will get in a 3 minute video?
Reggie talking about how Nintendo does everything in their power to be innovative and how this new console ain't like anything else we've seen before. He'all say all this with 20 seconds left to spare which will be close up footage of the console and as the camera pans out to give us a clear shot, it cuts to date for the next direct.

Fat4all

Banned

We know a new Prime is coming eventually, and the new Zelda is open world.

That covers FPS and open world.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not sure where the 3 minute figure came from, but if true I suspect we're not getting more than 30 seconds of gameplay footage. Just don't let it be a WiiU Gamepad 2, and don't let it be over $300

3 minutes comes from NCL twitter.

What does WiiU Gamepad 2 mean?

Could be, but as I said she's got not a Nintendo employee. I don't think she's ever retreated generic Nintendo announcements.
I know. I followed her through Xenoblade and when she retweeted Nintendo Directs meant Xenoblade X info was coming.

This is different though. There's no way they're showing a new Monolith Soft game in this 3 minute video I feel.

platinum are a studio for hire, they don't do revealing, if anyone will be revealing Bayo3 it'll be Nintendo themselves but no way would that be today

Yeah that makes sense.

I believe the 3 developers are

Ubisoft
Capcom
Maybe Square?
Activision?
Atlus/Sega?

Mato

NX could be sort of the core hardware base. They will incrementally update hardware and software. And various gimmicky peripheral devices with be released in the future that work with the base. So maybe the base system is no longer tied to a single gimmick like the Wii was to the motion controls or the 3ds was to 3D. Maybe this time there will be a larger assortment of "toys". Wii Fit board did pretty well and that was only supported by 1 or 2 games or so. We'll know soon I guess.

Quick run down on the hardware.

Shows Zelda running on it.

Next a new game appears. The camera is flying around a beautifully renditioned Peach's Castle. In the background is the Mushroom Kingdom in full glory. Suddenly a warp pipe appears and out jumps the fat plumber. OMG it's Mario 128!

See you in January for more on Nintendo NX.

Fades to black.

Mario 128 *New!* Mario 64.

samar11

Havent owned a nintendo console since n64, please deliver nintendo. Will buy it for its exclusives though. People expecting a flood of third party games will be disappointed though lol

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Don´t know if this was already said, but were there always two sepereate NoA Facebook pages? One Nintendo console Gaming and one Nintendo handheld Gaming?

Hybrid deconfirmed or is that for people who just want to concentrate on the handheld part?

silva1991

am i the only one that was disappointed by bayo 2 and doesn't want to see another one from Hashimoto?
Kamiya or nothing.

It['s inferior to Bayo 1, buts till the best game this gen alongside with Bloodborne.

I'll take Bayo 3 from the same guy any time any day.

He should rethink some of the massive/major Bayonetta 2 flaws that made the game inferior to the first game in the first place tho.

Fat4all

Banned
In a 3 min video, I expect to see a condensed version of what we got from the Wii U reveal, where its a person going thought their lives and picking up/using the NX.

Maybe a cameo from Non Specific Action Figure.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We know a new Prime is coming eventually, and the new Zelda is open world.

That covers FPS and open world.

Prine isn't guaranteed and I always look at it as more of First-Person Adventure game, classification per Retro themselves.

But let's eliminate open-world and FPS then, what else is Nintendo missing? Gotta be something online-related, that would the "like Splatoon" comment as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom