• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer : Playstation 5 - Backwards Compatibility Enhanced | Backlog Boosters

Sick! Can anyone summarize results? Can't really watch the video at the moment

60fps in Sekiro, Ghosts of Tsushima (patched), Days Gone (patched) and TLG (when forced in 1080p mode)

60fps in unpatched/disc Assassin's Creed Unity outside of cutscenes.

Mostly 60fps in Until Dawn, some drops to 50s.

60fps in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, but, as it has dynamic resolution scaling, can cause resolution to drop below 1080p.

Last edited by a moderator:

vkbest

the last guardian is 60fps? Wow, I had in backlog. Good. It’s a pity, Uncharted, TLOU2 and Bloodborne is not getting patches.
Besides NX Gamer think games not patched, CPU and GPU is running to same frequency and CU from the machine is emulating.

Hezekiah

Banned
Can't wait to playGhosts of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 for the first time on PS5. Days Gone could be transfromative, the framerate was horrible on OG PS4.

vkbest

60fps in Sekiro, Ghosts of Tsushima (patched), Days Gone (patched) and TLG (when forced in 1080p mode)

60fps in unpatched/disc Assassin's Creed Unity outside of cutscenes.

Mostly 60fps in Until Dawn, some drops to 50s.

60fps in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, but, as it has dynamic resolution scaling, can cause resolution to drop below 1080p.

I think he said 1800p, no 1080p on the last guardian,

Last guardian was 1800p with unlocked framerate in Pro and 1080p locked to 30 if you had a 1080p tv or forced mode

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Look it's cool that an unlocked game which hovered around 45-50fps on Pro is 60fps now.
But is that it?

So, Assassin's creed Unity probably is in BC 1 or 2 mode, using old CPU clocks, and have some dips in intense streaming.

Days Gone is using BC 3 mode, stable 60fps and dynamic 4k.

These BC modes are interesting, but i expect some Sony's clarifications like. "Here's the List of BC 3 games".

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
While the BC is limited to the PS4, at least there were great games this gen on the PS4 that will benefit greatly from this BC. I'm envious of all those folks who get to play them for the first time at 60fps.

Mr Hyde

The Last Guardian 60 fps. That's big news. I remember it on base PS4 running at 15 fps most of the time. Great game. Looking forward to another playthrough.

I also got another playthrough on Sekiro before the Platinum. Been saving it for the PS5. Game of the generation.

What a time to be alive.

CobraXT

Banned
I have a concern if this is sustainable since AMD did the BC work for the PS5 which means
its 1:1 hardware based .. this is like how the Wii did the BC for GC games ..

Last edited:

buenoblue

Super excited. Was looking forward to playing until dawn at a locked 30fps, but 60fps, yes please. Never did finnish last guardian so 1800p 60fps gonna replay that too. Plus never played days gone or ghosts of tsushima. Hoping for a God Of War unlocked patch in 4k mode, though a locked 60 in 1080p would be ok too. Hoping for a FFVII patch too as never played it.

With these games,miles morales and astrobot there's gonna be plenty to keep me busy. Only downside is I have to wait till 19th in the UK😭.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Excellent video. Makes you wonder how aggressively Sony will look to pursue patching titles to run under B/C mode 3.

I'd assume that all major first-parties will patch their PS4 output over time, but obviously its going to be more of stretch to get contractors like FROM to revisit stuff when they have their hands full with current projects.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
80% of why this will be my earliest console generation adoption ever. For only 325 dollars difference between selling my old one and the new, I get Pro mode patches, Boost mode on top of that as well as on what didn't support them, and further PS5 mode patches, on the library I already have. No brainer.

I sold my ps4 pro a couple of months ago in anticipation of this, did very well too, got $400 canadian and my ps5 is only costing $560 with tax. Very nice indeed.

kingwingin

Its only the uk version that has unlocked framerates. Can anyone confirm that new copies are 1.00 before I double dip on a copy

Top Bottom