• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

On Demand

Banned
In that case.. I dunno.

Does this only happen with AK?

I'm not likely to be very helpful now tbh... I don't own a single physical game.

We tried no other games yet. Giving up for now.

I should add that AK was asking for update. Could that be reason?

Do you mean sign in to a profile or to WIFI?

Because you need a profile for games I'm pretty sure but they can be made offline and saved locally I believe? At least that's how it was on the 360.

Profile.

EDIT-

Anyway don't worry about it guys. Don't want to turn this thread into a help me fix my issue thread.

Synth

We tried no other games yet. Giving up for now.

I should add that AK was asking for update. Could that be reason?

That sounds likely. I think I've heard complaints before, that if a game detects an update (whilst it was online) it'll demand that update be completed before you can play it again. I sounds stupid as hell to me... but that seems to be what you've encountered.

I'm not sure how long you're going to be offline for, but if it'll be a while, it may be worth trying to uninstall the game from the console, and then reinstall it whilst offline. That may cause it to forget the patch exists (I dunno for sure though, because as I said, my library's all digital).

Chris1

Preview members, new build tonight with Move Pins, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and Sports section in OneGuide. Should hit ~6PM PST. #Xbox

malfcn

Hopefully it fixes the random lock ups I've been having. Everything stops working for a minute and then it's good again.

Yoday

When did they increase the amount of pins to 30? I never bothered adding more because I just assumed it was still 18.

Alx

Moving pins is actually like MN's video! It's super smooth

To be fair there's no reason moving around small images on a modern device shouldn't be smooth. We've only had our expectations lowered by all the bad UI implementation in recent years.
I mean, our electronic components are thousands of times more powerful than they were in the 90s, and the interfaces weren't lagging as much back then.

Fyi the update included more stuff in the button mapping for the elite.

More options in the left and right stick sections.

I didnt check for a reg controller.

I really hadn't messed with the stick options much before, but I'm seeing these options now:

Delay
Delay B
Aggressive
Aggressive B
Instant
Instant B
Smooth
Smooth B

And you can adjust each one to be more or less exaggerated. I'm guessing the B options are new.

Looks like this has changed again. All the "B" options I listed above have been removed. Looking at the curves though, it actually looks like they removed the others, and removed the "B" from the name of the remaining ones. I say this because looking at Aggressive now, I'm pretty sure that's the curve Aggressive B had. But you probably don't really need to have so many base options when you can just adjust the strength of the curve. Also adjustments of curve strength don't seem to save, or they just revert when you enter the adjustment screen again. I reported it.

I find it odd that the accessories app updates seem to be coming with the dashboard updates though. It could just be updated anytime, couldn't it?

ryan299

So I'm in the program, but haven't received an update since the 5th of the month according to the info in settings. Anybody know what's up?

malfcn

Some of the Kinect recognition of commands is still spotty (I'll try to re-cal again)...but..I can now use the mute and up/down volume commands after this update. Whoo hoo.

Forsythia

So I'm in the program, but haven't received an update since the 5th of the month according to the info in settings. Anybody know what's up?

A small group is staying on 1510 for the time being for testing purposes. We'll get the new update eventually.

Lucifon

Had 2 full Xbox crashes/restarts today when navigating activity feeds. One was on main feed and another on someone's profile.

Yeah I've had 3 crashes/restarts on the latest build. My controller is also not charging...not sure if that's a build issue or a hardware issue though.

EktorOni

Constantly suffering through random disconnects (console connected through ethernet; everything else keeps running fine), party chat drops and console lockups/restarts.

FFS, ready to call it quits with the Preview program.

Constantly suffering through random disconnects (console connected through ethernet; everything else keeps running fine), party chat drops and console lockups/restarts.

FFS, ready to call it quits with the Preview program.

It's really weird. My console restarts and breaks now, and when we had initial builds it didn't happen lol

I'm having disconnecting issues. I lose connection to Live for a few seconds and I'm kicked from the game ( happening in Halo 5)
Did happen to anyone?

Lucifon

The latest update seems to really dislike the YouTube app too. Sometimes it just freezes and restarts the entire console.

naitosan

Hm that's weird, been using various app and played some games without issues. Maybe do a hard boot (unplug external hdd, Kinect then replug after it boots up) do factory rest, etc?

Delryk

No crash/random drops here.

Everything's fine except for Gem of War.. I can't load the game at all.. I get a full screen "?" and have to Xbox button/Quit out of the app. A full reboot didn't fix the problem so I reported it

lcd

No crash/random drops here.

Everything's fine except for Gem of War.. I can't load the game at all.. I get a full screen "?" and have to Xbox button/Quit out of the app. A full reboot didn't fix the problem so I reported it

I get the same fullscreen blurry "?" when starting Gens of War as well. I just wait and the title screen appears about 10-20 seconds later.

Delryk

I get the same fullscreen blurry "?" when starting Gens of War as well. I just wait and the title screen appears about 10-20 seconds later.

oh really? Gonna try that tonight then.. thanks.... I just want to get to level 100 already.. ahah.. :)

How exactly does the Xbox One determine when to check for game updates, and which games to check on? Is it only in the middle of the night? Is it only for games you've launched recently? Mine seems like it's missing updates all the time, even though it stays in standby mode.

malfcn

I have having constant lock ups. After 10-60 seconds things start working again.

Today had the biggest wtf moment though.
The NXOE was busted to almost the core.

In game, double-tap and the guide would pop up, but no screen shot or record prompts. And no Kinect voice commands were working at all, home, etc.

Then in the middle of watching Hulu, 5 HOURS later, in the middle of the show:
"Sorry this game has disabled captures"

WHAAAAAAAT?

And magically after that the Kinect and everything else started working again.

MauroNL

There is a new update out so this may fix some of the issues you guys are having.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1602/f/5578/t/2115270.aspx
HOW TO GET IT

•If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

•NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

•If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 2/4/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1602.160128-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/2 (2:00AM GMT 3/2)

Quests:

• Trending on Xbox
A new Quest is available in the Preview Dashboard app. Check out the new trending feature in the Community tab where you'll find top activity feed posts from the community.

Fixes:

• Games Failing to Launch (Gems of War)
Certain games (Gems of War, etc.) should no longer fail to launch due to an error in which a large red question mark is displayed.

Known Issues:

• Game Updates
You may encounter an issue in which game updates start at a high percentage (99-100%) and linger at that percentage for a long time. Unless the game tile displays an error message, the update is being successfully applied, but the progress bar is displaying a higher value than it should.

• Console crash in games and apps
We’re currently investigating an issue in which users may experience a console crash and restart when playing games and apps. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem.

I noticed the light on my play n charge was white this morning, so it looks like the new build installed last night and fixed my charging issue.

New update last night? 2/8

wait nm its from 2/6, i finally got it last night.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1602.160205-1829
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/6 (2:00AM GMT 7/2)

Fixes:

• Party chat
Fixed an issue which caused party chat to sometimes disconnect participants during use.

o You should no longer encounter an error when attempting to complete a purchase in the Avatar store.
o Fixed an issue which could prevent users from being able to purchase from the Avatar store when multiple accounts are signed in.

• Game multiplayer
Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent multiplayer matches from connecting.

Huh? Mines has been the same as always I think ?

I tried to take pictures to show it, but with cellphone quality I couldn't show what I want.
Just friends list and then check recent players ( on guide too ). Font size is different from me. Used to be like Recent Players list

link1201

New update Feb.9th rolling out.

•NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

•If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 2/11/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1602.160208-2051
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/9 (2:00AM GMT 10/2)

Fixes:

• The Mall
Fixed an issue which could cause The Mall app to fail to launch.

Top Bottom