• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

.la1n

How does one unhide things from "Ready to Install"?The old LT+RT+X combo doesn't seem to work.

I'd like an answer to this as well. LT+RT+X does still work btw but about half the time it sends you flying back to the beginning of games and apps. They need a solution now that triggers have new short cut navigations. Just make it the select button or whatever they are calling it.

How does one unhide things from "Ready to Install"?The old LT+RT+X combo doesn't seem to work.

I'd like an answer to this as well. LT+RT+X does still work btw but about half the time it sends you flying back to the beginning of games and apps. They need a solution now that triggers have new short cut navigations. Just make it the select button or whatever they are calling it.

LT+RT+X works for me, but I didn't realize at first that it's a toggle. So hitting it once will show hidden items, but hitting it a second time will hide them again. If you want to permanently unhide something, you have to do it the same way you hid it in the first place. (start, then "+ unhide from list")

Fyi the update included more stuff in the button mapping for the elite.

More options in the left and right stick sections.

I didnt check for a reg controller.

Hmm, I still haven't receive the preview for this update yet and I'm in the program. Is it still rolling out, or have I somehow missed it?

Huh? What do you mean?

I really hadn't messed with the stick options much before, but I'm seeing these options now:

Delay
Delay B
Aggressive
Aggressive B
Instant
Instant B
Smooth
Smooth B

And you can adjust each one to be more or less exaggerated. I'm guessing the B options are new.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I really hadn't messed with the stick options much before, but I'm seeing these options now:

Delay
Delay B
Aggressive
Aggressive B
Instant
Instant B
Smooth
Smooth B

And you can adjust each one to be more or less exaggerated. I'm guessing the B options are new.

Thanks for the info.I have to check that.

Delryk

Last 2 little updates for me (Thursday and Saturday) were about 385 megs and both got stuck at 75%.. had to reboot and restart... was kind of weird..

I'm assuming there are a lot of hidden Half-done features in this preview build.
For example the twitch party chat feature people found out about.

Can't wait to see the full list come Feburary.

TheKeyPit

Banned
or even just pressing x/y since I don't think they do anything

Nah. Some still don't know that a press of "RT" takes them down to My Games and Apps on the Home screen. Pressing X/Y to move a pin would take centuries for some to realize.
/s

On Demand

Banned
Streaming party chat through Twitch is a stealth add?

Can anyone test?

That's huge if true.

This is funny. PS4 had this since forever. As much as everyone loves to say (including me lol) Sony sucks at software design, MS is better, they did get alot of things right from the beginning. No need for monthly updates.

Anyway. Good thing they're bringing back suggested friends. I thought it was dumb getting rid of the friends tab from first UI design.

Synth

This is funny. PS4 had this since forever. As much as everyone loves to say (including me lol) Sony sucks at software design, MS is better, they did get alot of things right from the beginning. No need for monthly updates.

They both got a lot right (and a whole lot wrong) from the start. They both need regular updates... but MS is doing a much better job at supplying them so far. You can't really say "no need for monthly updates" when we still can't appear offline, or be notified when friends come online etc.

I go on and on about the lack of background music... but holy shit, priorities.

My console still says "eternal device ready" on every boot and resets the sort order. This wasn't the case with the old XE.

I just want my games sorted by recent use, damn it.

On Demand

Banned
Is it possible to play Xb1 offline? I'm trying to start Batmam AK and it's asking me to sign in. Sorry if it's a dumb question but my cousin is confused .

Synth

Tried that, the game still asked for an account sign in.

Have you ever configured the below option?

Screenshot%201_zpskj9eg4nk.png

Your Xbox must be setup as your "home" Xbox in order to play games offline. You do however need to be online to configure it.

This update has caused a lot of issues for me. It seems pressing the b button freezes the OS temporarily and it's super annoying. Sometimes it'll last a full minute and I'll contemplate just restarting the console.

On Demand

Banned
Have you ever configured the below option?

Your Xbox must be setup as your "home" Xbox in order to play games offline. You do however need to be online to configure it.

Nope, never tried that. I'll have to wait until I'm online again then. Thanks.

Synth

Nope, never tried that. I'll have to wait until I'm online again then. Thanks.

I forgot to check before actually... but I'm assuming your copy of Arkham Knight is digital?

A disc copy shouldn't require anything to work offline... but for a digital copy, it needs to be configured in order to tie the licenses for your games to the console. Without that, being signed into the profile that purchased it online is the only way it knows you have a right to play it.

On Demand

Banned
I forgot to check before actually... but I'm assuming your copy of Arkham Knight is digital?

A disc copy shouldn't require anything to work offline... but for a digital copy, it needs to be configured in order to tie the licenses for your games to the console. Without that, being signed into the profile that purchased it online is the only way it knows you have a right to play it.

It's a disc copy. :/

Chris1

Do you mean sign in to a profile or to WIFI?

Because you need a profile for games I'm pretty sure but they can be made offline and saved locally I believe? At least that's how it was on the 360.

Top Bottom