• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn |OT| No Hugs Till Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go with:

Asuka (with full face paint) over Bayley. Bayley gets called up.
Revival over Gargano/Ciampa
Aries over No Way Jose
Moon over Kay
Almas over Roode via rollup
Joe over Nakamura in convincing fashion

Right. My predictions ahoy.

Samoa Joe defeats Shinsuke Nakamura to remain NXT Champion (and sends Nakamura to the main roster for a IC title feud with The Miz on Smackdown (but debuts on Raw as this Monday's Raw supposedly has the Smackdown roster for one of two supershows they do during the year post-draft - the other at Mania))

(This genuinely pains me to say this as the mark I am, but...) Asuka defeats Bayley to remain NXT Women's Champion, followed by a full-on goodbye moment in the ring for Bayley in NXT (and makes a full main roster debut on Raw on Monday a year to the day since her Takeover match with Sasha which will be referenced somehow if it happens during a Sasha segment somehow)

Gargano & Ciampa defeat The Revival to become NXT Tag Team Champions (and The Revival gets called up to main roster, probably Smackdown to continue fighting with American Alpha)

Bobby Roode defeats Andrade 'Cien' Almas

Austin Aries defeats No Way Jose

Ember Moon defeats Billie Kay

Wooooo..first night of Summerslam weekend and I can't wait! So much Wrasslin' to watch! Maybe I'll just order some good ol' pizza and buy some beer for tonight.

A really fine card for tonight and I expect a lively crowd. They will totally eat up Swagsuke's entrance. Shoot..I think they have fun with No Way Jose's entrance too.

ReiGun

Bobby Roode has one of the best themes in the biz now.
Hard assed Bailey is just not working for me.

This. I get it from a character perspective - showing her growth from a naive rookie to a fully confident women and competitor - but being cute and all "gosh golly!" is part of Bayley's charm.

Match will still be good though, so it's whatever.

KingBroly

Banned
Right. My predictions ahoy.

Samoa Joe defeats Shinsuke Nakamura to remain NXT Champion (and sends Nakamura to the main roster for a IC title feud with The Miz on Smackdown (but debuts on Raw as this Monday's Raw supposedly has the Smackdown roster for one of two supershows they do during the year post-draft - the other at Mania))

(This genuinely pains me to say this as the mark I am, but...) Asuka defeats Bayley to remain NXT Women's Champion, followed by a full-on goodbye moment in the ring for Bayley in NXT (and makes a full main roster debut on Raw on Monday a year to the day since her Takeover match with Sasha which will be referenced somehow if it happens during a Sasha segment somehow)

Gargano & Ciampa defeat The Revival to become NXT Tag Team Champions (and The Revival gets called up to main roster, probably Smackdown to continue fighting with American Alpha)

Bobby Roode defeats Andrade 'Cien' Almas

Austin Aries defeats No Way Jose

Ember Moon defeats Billie Kay

Bayley needs to be on Smackdown. There is nobody in that division besides Becky and Natalya right now. On Raw, you have Sasha, Charlotte, Dana and Nia. The whole splitting up the women thing is a major problem, at least for the Title. Same for the Tag Teams.

ReiGun

Bayley needs to be on Smackdown. There is nobody in that division besides Becky and Natalya right now. On Raw, you have Sasha, Charlotte, Dana and Nia. The whole splitting up the women thing is a major problem, at least for the Title. Same for the Tag Teams.

I agree Bayley should be on SD, but I still think that show has utilized what women it does have better than Raw. Bayley (and maybe one or two more heels) would mainly serve to add star power and round out the roster as opposed to saving it.

Iceman829

It's always an experience on NJ transit. I'm on my way to NY now and the college girl in front of me is writing in her diary and watching Britney Spears music videos and some lady behind me is on the phone talking about how her ex is a cheating bastard.

My friend just sent me a text from Fye or someplace in Woodbridge where the New Day is meeting fans. It should be a fun night.

Last year there were lots of new day chants prior to the show and a fan wrestling match broke out to pass the time. I remember someone was dressed as a referee and was rushed to the front to do the 3 count.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't see any way this show lives up to the magic of last year's unless Shinsuke Joe is an absolute classic.

Feels bad that Bayley has been held down here for a year now. She HAS to lose and finally get a call up, right? Shame we won't even get a proper reunion with all 4 girls due to the split too. Splitting up women really was the worst idea ever.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends. I'm supposed to go to a big party in my apartment tonight for a friend's birthday. They're going to have UFC 202 on.

All I want to do is stay at home and watch TakeOver...

Asuka v Bayley.
-Asuka probably turns heel in the process

Revival v Gargano/Ciampa
-Ciampa turns on Gargano setting up a good feud. Ciampa eventually goes into main event and becomes Champ Ciampa

Joe v Nakamura
-Even though I want Nakamura to win for Joe to get called up, I expect Joe to win with some controversy to justify a rematch

Guzim

I'm going tonight, and I am so excited.

My predictions:

Nakamura wins.
Asuka retains.
Roode wins.
Gargano and Ciampa win. (This one I'm split about because I can see the Revival winning to maybe set them up against TM61.)
No Way Jose wins.
Ember Moon wins.

I seriously would like to see Ciampa be champion and turn heel. Forget people like Roode and Eric Young and Aries. Ciampa is just so much more fun to watch.

Ithil

I'm expecting Joe to retain, he really needs a long dominant run and Nakamura really needs to be on the main roster.
Asuka retains, Bayley heads to RAW, obviously Ember Moon will win hers, and Roode is hardly going to lose his first match in NXT (Almas needs a little bit a of restart anyway, either a character overhaul or a heel turn).

The other two I'm not sure on. I'm leaning towards Aries winning his match, but the tag title match is up in the air. The Revival only just won the belts back, it would mean three straight Takeovers with tag title changes, but at the same time Ciampa/Gargano are hot right now, especially after the CWC match.

This looks like it has the potential to be just as great as least year, with the tag match and two main events blowing the roof off.

Even during the 'prime' of NXT there was always lulls in quality but the main problem is there's pretty much no complex storylines anymore, everything is really basic.

I expect Joe to retain, somehow not clean, Nakamura wins at the next Takeover, then a final blowoff at the December Takeover, which Nakamura wins again.

Joe is a surprise entrant in the Rumble. Nakamura drops the title at the WM weekend Takeover, then debuts at the Raw following Mania.

Brinbe

Super hyped for Nakamura-Joe. The rest of the card should be great too. Disgusting how much better this will be than boring ass summerfest

I don't see any way this show lives up to the magic of last year's unless Shinsuke Joe is an absolute classic.

Feels bad that Bayley has been held down here for a year now. She HAS to lose and finally get a call up, right? Shame we won't even get a proper reunion with all 4 girls due to the split too. Splitting up women really was the worst idea ever.

Hopefully they don't give Bayley a "feel good" win to get called up and then have her drop it back at the next taping. Asuka doesn't have to squash her or anything but still kind of "kill her" to the point where the crowd will actually turn on her.

Asuka is basically a heel right now. During the build up to this match, she became extra cocky and disrespectful.

Yeah but she hasn't gone full on heel yet where the crowd turns on her, I'm kind of expecting that tonight.

Also hoping for the remote chance we get this Asuka since Finn is gone now anyway.
nmhM4vn.jpg

nhs43DPl.jpg

Though I guess that could be saved for later.

#DemonEmpress

To prepare, I just watched Nakamura vs. AJ and Nakamura vs. Sami from earlier this year. He is the best wrestler in the world, period. Him vs. Joe is going to be unbelievable.

Mahonay

Banned
To prepare, I just watched Nakamura vs. AJ and Nakamura vs. Sami from earlier this year. He is the best wrestler in the world, period. Him vs. Joe is going to be unbelievable.
Sami, Nak, and AJ are some of the best overall ring workers on the planet right now. It's insane that they are all in WWE right now.

And it makes me so happy to see Joe get rejuvenated with this NXT run and showing flashes of when he was one of the absolute best in the world.

Ithil

Sami, Nak, and AJ are some of the best overall ring workers on the planet right now. It's insane that they are all in WWE right now.

And it makes me so happy to see Joe get rejuvenated with this NXT run and showing flashes of when he was one of the absolute best in the world.

Joe always looks pleased to finally be the top guy of a show/brand.

Isak_Borg

Anyone going tonight?

Would be cool to meet some gaf folks!

Wife is going dressed as bailey and I'm doing the brooklyn brawler.

The wife was amazing, and wanted to surprise me with last minute tickets, but alas, it seems the wheelchair accessible seating goes FAST, or is ultra limited to begin with. I would've killed to see Nakamura's entrance live, but you'd better believe I am all over watching it tonight.

meppi

Haven't watched much wrestling after the shitshow that Wrestlemania turned out to be, certainly not WWE as I actually cancelled my subscription after finishing it.
Still trying to catch up on the G1 though.

But this is looking terrific.
Joe vs Nakamura? Holy shit! :D
Bayley vs Asuka? Same thing! Wow

Didn't even know Bobbie Roooooo was there now. Good for him.
Don't know most of the other people, so I can't comment on those matches.
Revival probably will be great as always.

Friends. I'm supposed to go to a big party in my apartment tonight for a friend's birthday. They're going to have UFC 202 on.

All I want to do is stay at home and watch TakeOver...

Friends don't let friends miss NXT Takeover, that's all I'm gonna say. ;)

Fox318

Yep, I remember walking up the stairs to the Barclays Center and thinking "Holy shit" when I saw the crowd. It was such an awesome sight to see.
All the workers I spoke with were shocked that people were into something like NXT so much.

I even had one of the ticket people ask me if I knew it was fake.

Hopefully they don't give Bayley a "feel good" win to get called up and then have her drop it back at the next taping. Asuka doesn't have to squash her or anything but still kind of "kill her" to the point where the crowd will actually turn on her.

I'm kinda hoping they do a gender-reversed version of Ibushi-Alexander from the CWC where Bayley does everything literally within an inch of her life to beat Asuka, but just comes up short. Gives her the loss which sends her up, but is a feel good loss in a way. Win-win.

That said, as long as it's not a win via submission like in Dallas, I'll be fine with that.

abundant

Why can't Bayley win and just give a speech about how it means a lot to her but she has to give it up because she's leaving?

That would be a bad decision because...

a) It'd kill Asuka's mystic of being a badass that cannot be stopped. Plus with Bayley leaving right after, Asuka would never have the chance to avenge her loss.

b) There's not enough quality women wrestlers in NXT to have a tournament, and even if they did have one, the finals would be Asuka vs. Ember Moon. Basically, it devalues the belt.

c) Typically, when a wrestler left a territory or promotion, they'd put someone over on their way out. Every single NXT call up lost their final match in NXT.

Caught up the last few NXT's in preparation for this. I'm hoping they sneak Hideo on the card somehow but they don't really do surprise matches at Takeovers.

I was actually quite impressed with the Joe/ Mojo match from a couple of weeks ago, annoyingly they did more to build up Mojo in that match than his whole time in NXT.

I'm expecting a good PPV as they rarely, if ever?, miss the mark but as a general point I would happily see the amount of "hottest free agents" reduce. The only people that feel to have come through the Performance Centre are Bayley and The Revival. Hopefully the likes of AJ and The Club going straight to RAW/Smackdown will reduce this though.

Nekofrog

Banned
my wife and i are going to light up some grand daddy purple and have a fantastic night tonight with this show

nakajoe is going to be bruuuutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom