• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn |OT| No Hugs Till Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Caught up the last few NXT's in preparation for this. I'm hoping they sneak Hideo on the card somehow but they don't really do surprise matches at Takeovers.

I was actually quite impressed with the Joe/ Mojo match from a couple of weeks ago, annoyingly they did more to build up Mojo in that match than his whole time in NXT.

I'm expecting a good PPV as they rarely, if ever?, miss the mark but as a general point I would happily see the amount of "hottest free agents" reduce. The only people that feel to have come through the Performance Centre are Bayley and The Revival. Hopefully the likes of AJ and The Club going straight to RAW/Smackdown will reduce this though.

Not to dispute your point, but Bayley, Scott Dawson, and Dash Wilder did not come through the Performance Center. All three came from the Independence Scene.

Not to dispute your point, but Bayley, Scott Dawson, and Dash Wilder did not come through the Performance Center. All three came from the Independence Scene.

True. I guess I mean people who developed and made their name in NXT. Although I suppose you could roll Billie Kay into that as well.

Gonna make some predictions before the show starts.

Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura: Joe wins, but some fuckery happens that can justify a rematch at the next Takeover which Nakamura can then win while Joe maybe goes onto the main roster.

Asuka vs Bayley: Obvious enough. Asuka wins and Bayley can have a nice send-off. I'd love a dominant match that can properly show Asuka as the monster she is, but given it's likely Bayley's last match, odds are it's gonna be an even match. Would be really cool if Asuka came out in face-paint like her pre-WWE days so she can become the DEMON QUEEN, WHERE ARE YOU DEMON QUEEN?!

The Revival vs Gargano and Ciampa: Revival win, and either lose to these two at a rematch or TM61 before they get brought up to the main roster.

Bobby Roode vs Andrade 'Cien' Almas: I still don't get Cien's gimmick, and probably never will. Roode has a debut match, and will likely have the crowd all over him because of that theme song. Not hard to see who's gonna win.

No Way Jose vs Austin Aries: Aries wins, but I expect Jose to give a good performance to give him a lot of credibility.

Billie Kay vs Ember Moon: Hopefully a good bout that shows Ember Moon as a strong contender to be the one who knocks Asuka off of the championship.

somedevil

Though you can say that NXT made them bigger stars then what they were on the Indy scene compared to Aries, Roode and Samoa Joe.

Its really the question do credit the performance center for taking Indy talent who are not known names and making them known?

Substance check-in:

37158.jpg

and eventually

716952_a_f-r-lagavulin-16yo-malt-whisky-716952

RBH

It's really a shame how much of a flop Cien has been thus far. Hopefully a reboot is in the cards for him soon.

#KillHerAsuka #NothingPersonelKid

Was tempted to take up friends' offer to watch other sports entertainment brand UFC's event tonight but I figured legit fights > staged fights any day

dream

It's really a shame how much of a flop Cien has been thus far. Hopefully a reboot is in the cards for him soon.

Can you explain his name to me? Why is it "Andrade 'Cien' Almas?" Why not Andrade Almas, or Cien Almas, or Cien? Why is Cien enveloped by quotation marks? None of this shit makes any sense.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Cien really committing to the feather in the hat, eh? He hasn't had it the last couple of entrances, I was hoping someone backstage managed to talk him out of it.

RBH

Can you explain his name to me? Why is it "Andrade 'Cien' Almas?" Why not Andrade Almas, or Cien Almas, or Cien? Why is Cien enveloped by quotation marks? None of this shit makes any sense.
It's needlessly wordy and doesn't roll off the tongue well. Combine that with a Chippendales outfit and an inability to talk, and this is our end result.

45 minutes until parts of this thread deem HHH is trying to get himself over by doing an intro
46 minutes until parts of this thread want the crowd to sit on their hands and not chant anything ever during the show

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the Hugger Section. I've never been in the Hugger Section before.

Also, pretty interesting 'Tron they've got for the show this year.

Hasney

Well after a, uh, stimulating episode of This Week in WWE because I thought the pre show was already on and watching a fat kid get demon face paint, it's actually the pre show time now!

Lita and Mauro. Nice. Miss Corey though.

gun_haver

Not too pumped up for this one, really. I guess I haven't checked in with NXT much for a few months. It seems like they're in a recuperative period after all their most successful projects got called up in batches.

Interested to see Ember Moon's debut - if she's as good in the ring as the clips I've seen, her and Asuka should be a great feud.

Hopefully Shinsuke will win cos I want to get him up to the main roster and see what he can do there sooner than later. Also, I'm not that interested in Joe.

Beyond that I dunno, looks like a bunch of bland to me, except I guess Bobby Roode so hopefully he is about to start a successful run.

Rellik

Well after a, uh, stimulating episode of This Week in WWE because I thought the pre show was already on and watching a fat kid get demon face paint, it's actually the pre show time now!

Lita and Mauro. Nice. Miss Corey though.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one lol.

I think Nakamura is going over clean. He's the special attraction of NXT and they'll want to keep him that way for a few more months.

I don't know if that'll mean Joe goes up to the main roster immediately, but I hope he does.

Valentus

"I've defeated the strongest... Charlotte... Becky... Sasha..."

Alexa and Nia Jax?.... no no no no, they're jobbers, they dont deserve to be mentioned.

Bayley pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom