• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

i don't live in the city, which fucks me cause the last bus home to jersey is 12 am on the weekend. I'll see if it's worth while to pull a evilore and hang out at a McDonald till the buses are running in the morning.

Kccitystar

y1rpJ.gif

It's about damn time! Dude, count me in for both meet ups for sure. I've been saying I was gonna go to both for the longest.

Apparently, it turns there's no class next Monday (I think it's Lincoln's Birthday), so I'm going for sure. Again, if you need help with anything, send me a PM.

EDIT:

Dude, we post in the most video game forum ever. There's nothing awkward about that because I've met several GAFers myself in the past. In fact, that's what we have in common, so don't worry.

Fuck yeah so when are we gonna keep count of the people coming

Mully

i don't live in the city, which fucks me cause the last bus home to jersey is 12 am on the weekend. I'll see if it's worth while to pull a evilore and hang out at a McDonald till the buses are running in the morning.

I'm coming for LI. I'll be taking a train. Would NJ Transit have a train for you?

okno

What the?! There's a GAF bar on the east side? Damn. I live four blocks away from the one on the west side :mad: I'll try to make it. I might be DJing that night. If I am, y'all are welcome to move the party there at any time :D

Mully

We should probably try and get a headcount, that way we know what the bill is going to be like if we do venture to a restaurant on the 18th.

BTW, is anyone coming from Long Island? It'd be awesome to have a buddy to and from the bar.

Amir0x

Banned
hahaha no, that was poorly worded. Birthday. We're twins.

Haha I didn't know that. That's super cool too though. Happy birthday, early.

Sure stop on by

Been years since the last GAF meet-up went to.

;D

Last meet up there wasn't enough time to drink, but that was probably for the best considering I had to go see the fuckin' Color Purple on broadway later that evening :|

jasonng

Is this open to any gaf member?

Hmmm. I might be down for this. Question is, "Do I drag the girlfriend?" She DID go w/ me to the Distant Worlds concert in Brooklyn last year.

should be interesting to see if NYC gaf is better looking then LA gaf.
Open for anyone! The more, the merrier. Just keep in mind juniors will be made fun of accordingly. We're all beautiful and awesome. But yes, we're better looking than LA gaf.

i'll be there

Jon MOTHER FUCKING Bones.

I do need a head count for the 13th since I'm picking a place based on the number of people we have. The 18th not so much since we'll all be chilling in a bar (I'll keep tabs just for fun though).

Im keen :)
I have no idea where any of these places are but i fly in from australia that night so what better way to experience NY with NYers :D
looking forward to this!

.GqueB.

Banned
Id come but I have to leave early. I have a housewarming to go to. Change the date to accomodate me. Chaaannnggeeee tthhheeeee ddddaaaaattttteeeeee.

And why are we meeting up at a bar to pre-game? Youre already out.

Would love to go but I'm working that night and have an exam on monday.
NJ gaf, I suggest driving to Staten Island and using the Staten Island Ferry(free). They run 24/7 at every 30 minutes. All you have to do is pay the toll($12 to get in) and parking(which is $7). So in total, you'll be spending $19. Plus, you get a nice view of the statue of liberty. ;)

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Huh, might have to try and check this out. But the Upper East Side? That's gonna be a long train to and from 33rd...

EDIT: NJ GAF, if you want, you could also go through the PATH trains in Hudson and Essex county. Parking might be tricky at a few places, but it's the best way into NYC from North Jersey.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I would be taking the Metro North from Croton Falls. Don't know if anyone else is..............

bob page

Huh, might have to try and check this out. But the Upper East Side? That's gonna be a long train to and from 33rd...

I'm coming from Brooklyn and these guys are coming from LI and NJ so no excuses!

(I would definitely prefer West though, hint hint, lol)

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I'm coming from Brooklyn and these guys are coming from LI and NJ so no excuses!

(I would definitely prefer West though, hint hint, lol)

ITT: New Yorkers reveal their horribly skewed perceptions of relative distances.

I don't usually go east of 5th Avenue because it's "too far."

I'm actually coming in from JC, and transferring trains from 33rd and 6th can be a pain since I rarely ever have any reason to go north of 59th. Still, taking the 4 or 6 shouldn't be too bad...

Is anyone going from Staten Island? Would rather take the trip with someone.

Would love to go but I'm working that night and have an exam on monday.
NJ gaf, I suggest driving to Staten Island and using the Staten Island Ferry(free). They run 24/7 at every 30 minutes. All you have to do is pay the toll($12 to get in) and parking(which is $7). So in total, you'll be spending $19. Plus, you get a nice view of the statue of liberty. ;)

i like all the staten island love in this thread.
grew up there

unfortunately i will be away at school that weekend, sorry ill miss it. and we could have celebrated the giants victory and talked trash about the patriots. shame.

Nice, I'll be around on the 18th. Finally, I'll be able to attend one of these in NYC. Look forward to having a drink with you guys.

aparisi2274

Hey, you guys realize there is a GAF bar on 48th and 9th, which might be a lot easier to get to for a lot of you...

here is the outside of the bar:

3798498108_152e2724eb.jpg

6833906411_25908dd73e_o.png

Just a suggestion!

number47

Sign me up for the 13th, you said the magic word. CHEAP.

I agree with aparis, the gaf on 48th and 9th is easier to all the transportation.

Top Bottom