• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD Taser and Drop Innocent Pregnant Woman On Ground. Caught on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...woman-on-pavement-uses-stun-gun-on-her-belly/

The woman was left with burn marks on her stomach, she was also thrown down on her belly. She has numerous bruises. The baby is okay, allegedly, but who knows what the future holds. A police officer immediately went and shoved an innocent woman standing nearby, throwing her at least 7 feet back, and rolling over a number of times.

The same person who recorded this event in Sunset Park, recorded another incident last week, where a police officer is seen kicking a street vendor while he's on the ground with 4 officers already who've restrained him.

Stay classy, NYPD. Day in and day out, I find the whole "it's not all, just some" defense less and less believable, when the videos depict so many officers involved at once.

A good cop gets no press, a bad one gets press, so yes the "most cops are good" stance is still legit

Edit: post was in response to this

Stay classy, NYPD. Day in and day out, I find the whole "it's not all, just some" defense less and less believable, when the videos depict so many officers involved at once.

Kevin

If these videos are being captured almost daily, imagine the stuff that's NOT being caught on film... This is getting really bad and scary!

impact

Banned
A good cop gets no press, a bad one gets press, so yes the "most cops are good" stance is still legit

Which one of these is more likely to make headlines?

"Man actually does his job."
"Man does the opposite of his job, attacks a pregnant woman."

Perhaps, but that's a meaningless point to make. It doesn't matter if ALL cops are bad when there's enough terrible instances like this happening to call people's trust of the police force into question. This is a career where being bad at your job OR being a bad person can bring death.

Ken, I still am not sure if you're a real person or some sort of cartoon character.

I believe that man's a street fighter.

Who

Banned

Yeah? So what? Really. What's your point?

Everytime a cop tases an innocent pregnant woman we should shrug and say, "eh well most cops wouldn't do that."?

You want people to stop reporting the bad things cops do? What's your point?

People who post this shit are miles away from the issue at hand

cdyhybrid

HyEQEs7.jpg

Show me one good cop that will speak out publicly and demand they fire this guy. One.

Go ahead I'll wait..

Good silent cops are absolutely a huge part of the problem and deserve criticism.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That's not what I said but keep trolling

You're the first troll in the thread by attempting to derail it into a #notallcops thread.

What is the NYPD gonna have to do for something to change?

I mean, when Chris Dorner went off the rails last year LAPD was randomly firing at civilians driving cars that had absolutely no relation to Dorners, and as far as I know nothing has changed there.

NYPD goes fucking nuts on a regular basis and people seem to be ok with it for some reason. They bitch, but nothing really changes. Is it the "can't happen to me" attitude? Is it acceptable because people still remember the 70s/80s when things were worse and think this is the price you gotta pay?

I don't even know what the resolution to the Ferguson case has been yet in regards to the riots, but I fully expect there to be more rioting if the police officer who shot Mike Brown doesn't get punished in some way, but will anything change to stop it happening in the future? Can we change the rules on when its acceptable to draw your gun or use force as a cop?

Like, what can conceivably be the tipping point to stop hearing about all these excessive uses of force in these big cities? I feel like Rodney King case kinda started something with him getting the shit beat out of him and the riots in LA starting, but did it result in any rules/laws going on the books about police and when to use force?

wildfire

Banned
Which one of these is more likely to make headlines?

"Man actually does his job."
"Man does the opposite of his job, attacks a pregnant woman."

The first one only gets press if he is getting an award which is fine. Acts of heroism even if it is part of your job should be noted. I remember my local paper (I'm in Brooklyn too) had citizens rate cops and it was cool seeing who got top nods.

But incidents like the second are more important because it is a huge failure and betrayal of the job they are being paid for.

That's an entirely different and complicated issue, but and issue that needs to be addressed

It's not different. It's directly related.

When an investigation stalls..
When cops lie and corroborate bullshit...
When the police union fights tooth and nail for even the most corrupt piece of shit cop...
When "good cops" turn a blind eye to blatant abuse...

That's related. It didn't a matter of hating cops but they should be held to a far higher standard. As it is now they're just another gang.

wildfire

Banned
We've reached the point where good cops would get press.

Like it already did in Ferguson for the brief time it was going on:

Are you fucking kidding me? I remember Ferguson force mentioning they had like 3 minorities total on their staff.

This is disgusting PR manipulation.

It's good to know you are more concerned about the sanctity of the police than the injustices inflicted on your fellow countrymen.

Volimar

She's not dead. Jesus, there's no pleasing some people.

yeah except most of the time those "good cops" end up defending the bad cops and so they become shit cops as well.

This. It pisses me off. I wonder if it's a union thing that keeps them quiet or if it really is the thin blue line. Probably a mix of both in different ratios for different cops.

You're the first troll in the thread by attempting to derail it into a #notallcops thread.

Troll and derail the thread? Did you even READ the OP? I was responding directly to the last sentence of the OP

Now please don't waste my time if you can't even read the OP to see why I made the comment I did

one_kill

This could ended up bad, but fortunately it didn't
I hope the cop in question gets punished

Troll and derail the thread? Did you even READ the OP? I was responding directly to the last sentence of the OP

Now please don't waste my time if you can't even read the OP to see why I made the comment I did
The cop mentioned in the OP did wrong
You brought in the whole "not all cops" argument

You've had numerous replies saying your post sucks

ezrarh

Doesn't matter how many good cops there are out there when cops that do harm to the citizenry do not get punished.

wildfire

Banned
She's not dead. Jesus, there's no pleasing some people.

Thanks. I was getting legit depressed.

This. It pisses me off. I wonder if it's a union thing that keeps them quiet or if it really is the thin blue line. Probably a mix of both in different ratios for different cops.

It's definitely both but on top of that there is a power issue. The Village Voice did an expose on NYPD by interviewing other cops and any brave enough to try and attempt change is fired.

Let that sink in.

Kill citizens = Paid vacation

Try to bring greater accountability to your coworkers = Risk Unemployment or no more promotions.

http://www.villagevoice.com/special...-adrian-schoolcraft-by-graham-rayman-4393217/

Another factor are the politicians and district attorneys enabling certain behavior but that's a more complex issue that can't be defined in 2 sentences.

Can't tell what lead up to the event but it says she confronted the police and obviously wasn't listening to verbal commands. Maybe she could take a little more responsibility as well if she didn't want her baby riding the lightning.

And irrelevant. Most cops being good doesn't excuse these frequent, glaring failures and poor examples of police work. Systemic problems in law enforcement are like leaks in a pipe. Just because you have most water flowing where it needs to go doesn't make up for the water that's flooding your basement.

The number of good/bad cops doesn't matter. The outcome of their work matters. That outcome is a series of regularly occurring failures and cover-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom