• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama issues statement on DACA's end

dpunk3

This situation is B U L L S H I T, and once again this fat fucking cheese doodle in office only did it for the ratings and attention.

gun_haver

Trump tweet incoming: Obama broke the long standing norm of previous presidents not criticizing the sitting president.

i think he's shown a lot of patience and adherence to that particular standard already. there have been so many moments when you could argue the country might have been better off if obama did make a public statement, but he didn't because it's not the thing to do normally. it's kind of a sign of just how low the office is currently regarded that he'd even deem it necessary or advisable to come out with a statement like this - and to be clear, i am saying it was both. the patience is running out.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The letter itches to say "Trump you stupid, vile motherfucker", but instead makes a very classy and well-written statement.

Obama probably typed that up last night or this morning.

It would take Donald Trump's entire STAFF to type something like that up over a week. And then Donald would go over it, cross out sentences and randomly insert "my huge election victory" and "the disaster of (insert anything Obama related)" along with "#MAGA".

A week? You're being too generous there.

Where's that pic of Obama with a mustache and different name?

Sorry any likeness between Juan Bahama and Barrack Obama is completely incidental

LOmXd-Vl.jpg

I wonder what is turning Obama's hair whiter faster, the 8 years toll of being President, or seeing everything he accomplished being undone so quickly?

if you’ve been here a certain number of years, and if you’re willing to go to college or serve in our military, then you’ll get a chance to stay and earn your citizenship

You can serve in the US Military without being a citizen? If so how long do you have to serve?

Trey

I wonder what is turning Obama's hair whiter faster, the 8 years toll of being President, or seeing everything he accomplished being undone so quickly?

Only the EOs, Trump can't really touch the rest. Most of what Trump is doing is removing Obama's half measures. Net neutrality, DACA, environmental regulations: all half measures due to an unwilling, obstructionist, Republican Congress.

andthebeatgoeson

It's funny reading this and that Hillary vs Bernie thread. I saw the criticism of Hillary and how she failed to articulate her message. And Obama gives us this and I want his America, all over again. It took me 3 minutes to read this and he did a better job than all of the malarkey of 2016. I'm a patriot and so is he.

My president. Until the day I die.

Wood Man

Trump really wants to demolish everything Obama created. No matter who it effects. What a spiteful, petty piece of shit.

You can serve in the US Military without being a citizen? If so how long do you have to serve?

Yes, you can serve as a legal permanent resident.
IIRC, Military members can begin the naturalization process after five years of continuous residence.

DACA recipients were allowed to enlist if accepted under the MAVNI program (Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest) if they had skills (usually medical, technical, or linguistic) actively needed by the armed forces.

Pardon my ignorance, but might as well ask here.

My understanding is that the DACA scheme is a two year work permit.

Is that typically very easy to renew for those remaining in work/education? Is there a path to citizenship for those people after a set amount of renewals?

E.g. You've worked here for 10 years legally, here's citizenship.

Pardon my ignorance, but might as well ask here.

My understanding is that the DACA scheme is a two year work permit.

Is that typically very easy to renew for those remaining in work/education? Is there a path to citizenship for those people after a set amount of renewals?

E.g. You've worked here for 10 years legally, here's citizenship.

DACA didn't include a path to citizenship because that would definitely be stepping beyond the bounds of an Executive Order. Congress would absolutely have to pass a law that would alter or add paths to citizenship.

Yes, you can. I remember a former classmate, who had American parents but was born in china, was telling me her brother or cousin who served in the military in order to get on the path to citizenship.

Verelios

I just saw an article on this on Yahoo!'s front page denouncing Obama as cruel for giving immigrants false hope. Fuck them, those both sides troglodyte sniffing assholes.

I get more and more disillusioned in the world everyday, especially when people (so called moderates) condemn something as poignant as this.

That was a good read, very intelligent and yet inspiring response to a fucking baby monkey that only thinks of himself and wanting to wall off the US from everything.

I still can't comprehend how you guys went from this guy to Trump

Well, it turns out that America's taste for racists, fascists, bigots and generally hopeless idiots ran far deeper than many suspected. Millions of Americans simply couldn't tolerate the sight of a black man in what they believed was a white man's job. It's simply not the country that you or I or most people thought it was. I suppose on that note, bravo to Trump for showing us the darkness.

JeTmAn81

Well, it turns out that America's taste for racists, fascists, bigots and generally hopeless idiots ran far deeper than many suspected and millions of Americans simply couldn't tolerate the sight of a black man in what they believed was a white man's job.

This a pretty ridiculous sentiment which ignores the fact that if term limits weren't a thing Obama would still be president.

Shoeless

But you know he will. Hypocrisy never affects Republicans.

It's kind of amazing how hyper aware Republicans are of hypocrisy unless it is perpetrated by other Republicans, at which point it becomes a fancy Libtard word with too many syllables.

This sure is a presidential statement.

You've got to be dangerously brain damaged to believe the deflated Oompa Loompa is presidential material.

As always, fuck that orange thing and the hateful simpletons that allowed him to disgrace our government.

This a pretty ridiculous sentiment which ignores the fact that if term limits weren't a thing Obama would still be president.

What part of my statement is ridiculous? Please show me what sentiments have guided the GOP, their constituents and electorate if not deep seated, irrational hatred of Obama?

Yes, you can serve as a legal permanent resident.
IIRC, Military members can begin the naturalization process after five years of continuous residence.

DACA recipients were allowed to enlist if accepted under the MAVNI program (Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest) if they had skills (usually medical, technical, or linguistic) actively needed by the armed forces.

Yes, you can. I remember a former classmate, who had American parents but was born in china, was telling me her brother or cousin who served in the military in order to get on the path to citizenship.

Thanks for the answers. Seems like a good path to citizenship imo, doesn't the US military also fund college education? So if one were to join at age 18 or whatever the legal age they could be out by the time they are 23 and get a degree?

Obviously not the right path for everyone but I can see why Obama mentioned it.
Not to bad especially since the US is not actively engaged in ground combat.

The comments against him basically going into a strongarm "yeah but it was illegal" stance.

This idea Law is above Morality is Dangerous.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's kind of shocking how much better of a speaker he was just 13 years ago.

It almost sounds like he wasn't as much of an insufferable cunt back then either. He was just that weird-hair dude from the US who had some TV show.

Oh those were innocent times.

It almost sounds like he wasn't as much of an insufferable cunt back then either. He was just that weird-hair dude from the US who had some TV show.

Oh those were innocent times.

If you're from New York City, then you've known he's been a cunt for the last 40 years. Not surprisingly, his father was also a miserable cunt.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump just said that he had "no choice" but to kill DACA and that he has "tremendous love for them" and that "they're not kids they're adults "

Top Bottom