• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Diversity Program Members “Shocked And Dismayed” By Founder’s Alt-Right Ties

Outrun

A good percentage of Trump supporters practice hate speech. Trump himself has practiced hate speech.

To deny the connection there is being naive or just willfully ignorant.

Broad strokes man...

Broad strokes.

Not that I necessarily disagree.

Crayon

Broad strokes man...

Broad strokes.

Not that I necessarily disagree.

Anyone who wants to throw in their lot with hate groups because Clintons are 'evil' will have to excuse me when I skip the niceties and reach for my very broad "stupid person with limited capacity for reason" brush. I'm through with the fair time social contract shit.

What the hell is wrong with you all. He says he's libertarian, he's supporting Trump because Trump is the best shot at beating Hilary.

Eveyone should be anti-Hilary, that evil family should not make it back to the Whitehouse.

And before you get all riled up do yourself a favor and research the Mena cocaine smuggling conspiracy involving Bill, google "Clinton Body Count" (give that a read, read it all, it'll take a few minutes), google "Seth Rich" and read the wikipedia article, and then go to the FBI's website, download the pdf of their "investigation" on Hilary mishandling classified information, and give it a read, its fucking embarrasing as a country, the FBI covering for the State Department.

It doesn't end there, Hilary also suggests to drone people she doesnt like, has people outside the government influencing her. People who donated to The Clinton Foundation meet with Hilary working in her capacity as Secretary of State! AKA give my private "foundation" money, and I'll exchange favors as Secretary of State.

You are all tools, its sad to see Gaf reach this low. You're up in arms because somebody is politically active, trying to stop a monster from controlling our country and all you guys can muster up is "omg he supports trump. He's a biggot."

At least Trump's not a murderer, who wants to take your guns (sounds crazy right?).

Get out there, do some research, there's very little time to continue spreading this message. The election is next month, if Hilary doesn't win, she has now power to help FBI and they will in turn procecute her. Right now it's FBI scratching her back because they know she'll scratch theirs after being elected.

Do some research, trust your gut. Don't let the serial killer couple back into office.

Lmao

Wow, some real delusional people here.

Regardless of how crazy/funny that post was, people aren't disgusted because he supports Trump (though I personally don't respect people who do), they're mad because he was funnelling money to an alt right hate group.

I mean aren't you literally saying that words matter more than action?

No. If they actually said something like his actions were despicable and on top of that he lied in denying that nimblerichman wasn't him, then naturally there would be action following that up. Whether that's cutting ties or what I don't know but obviously some action in line with their words.

As of right now BOTH their words and actions match up and both basically show full support of him.

You don't really think Facebook giving 10 mil is really any sort of action do you? It'd be like me cheering on people beating up the homeless and then dropping a dime into a homeless man's cup.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ahh, another Trump supporter outs himself. I'll gladly vote for her over him, thanks for the concern. Bye.

Lets not let this thread fall into the exact smokescreen that Oculus and FB are trying to use to make this go away.

The issue here isn't that Palmer is a Trump supporter. The issue is that Palmer admitted to giving 10,000 dollars to an alt-right hate group. And he most likely was the founder of the group as well.

What the hell is wrong with you all...

Serial killer couple, huh? Well...

I just can't anymore. People are so completely beyond reason at this point. It's an extremely frightening time. I hope I never have the misfortune to meet someone like you in my life. Hell, I'm certain I have, but at least those people have enough sense to keep their mouth shut as they know how absolutely insane they'll sound.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Serial killer couple, huh? Well...

I just can't anymore. People are so completely beyond reason at this point. It's an extremely frightening time. I hope I never have the misfortune to meet someone like you in my life.
You most likely rub elbows with em on a daily basis and even work with a few. They just might be better at hiding it. Tis the reality we live in, sadly.

Lets not let this thread fall into the exact smokescreen that Oculus and FB are trying to use to make this go away.

The issue here isn't that Palmer is a Trump supporter. The issue is that Palmer admitted to giving 10,000 dollars to an alt-right hate group. And he most likely was the founder of the group as well.

Yup exactly. Trying to couch this as simply politics and his opinion on who should be the next POTUS is disgusting. And yet that's exactly the tactic facebook/oculus is using to support him and keep him on board.

You most likely rub elbows with em on a daily basis and even work with a few. They just might be better at hiding it. Tis the reality we live in, sadly.

Yeah those people are even worse than the people who are just out and open with it. At least with the vocal ones they have conviction and you can chalk it up to the fact that maybe they are delusional or at least believe they are in the right.

The people who hide it know there's something wrong with what they believe in and yet support it anyway which I think is far more insidious.

Yeah, I edited it right after thinking about it for a bit. It's true. Most people just know it won't be acceptable for them to spout it in mixed company.

FaintDeftone

Do some research, guys. Pick up a National Enquirer for once in your lives.

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

Outrun

This.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the hell is wrong with you all. He says he's libertarian, he's supporting Trump because Trump is the best shot at beating Hilary.

Eveyone should be anti-Hilary, that evil family should not make it back to the Whitehouse.

And before you get all riled up do yourself a favor and research the Mena cocaine smuggling conspiracy involving Bill, google "Clinton Body Count" (give that a read, read it all, it'll take a few minutes), google "Seth Rich" and read the wikipedia article, and then go to the FBI's website, download the pdf of their "investigation" on Hilary mishandling classified information, and give it a read, its fucking embarrasing as a country, the FBI covering for the State Department.

It doesn't end there, Hilary also suggests to drone people she doesnt like, has people outside the government influencing her. People who donated to The Clinton Foundation meet with Hilary working in her capacity as Secretary of State! AKA give my private "foundation" money, and I'll exchange favors as Secretary of State.

You are all tools, its sad to see Gaf reach this low. You're up in arms because somebody is politically active, trying to stop a monster from controlling our country and all you guys can muster up is "omg he supports trump. He's a biggot."

At least Trump's not a murderer, who wants to take your guns (sounds crazy right?).

Get out there, do some research, there's very little time to continue spreading this message. The election is next month, if Hilary doesn't win, she has now power to help FBI and they will in turn procecute her. Right now it's FBI scratching her back because they know she'll scratch theirs after being elected.

Do some research, trust your gut. Don't let the serial killer couple back into office.

bigot only has one g in it just fyi for your next pantomime performance.

Cyanity

Banned

Very funny

Fisty

Thanks to Trump, we can now classify xenophobia, racism, and profiling as a political stance. Hey guys listen to my awful hate speech, I'm engaging in politics.

Outrun

Banning Muslims was a main issue Trump was running on not long ago.

Trump is choosing to make these broad strokes, not me.

As a Muslim myself, I am not fond of Trump.

I am also not fond of the the foreign policy spanning from Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Palestine that Clinton is associated with...

I am sorry, Clinton is not better than Trump. Clinton has arguably more Muslim blood than Trump on her hands.

I wonder if Clinton will close Gitmo? Just like no wall will be built if Trump gets in, very little will change under a Clinton presidency.

Anyways, Luckey has a untenable position now. I think he needs to go.

I'm very disappointed when I see articles characterising the problem as Palmer being pro-Trump. That's bad enough, of course, but worse is that Palmer directly funded a racist white supremacist hate group. That's the really important part. A poster in another thread put it really well: It's like seeing him at a KKK for Trump rally and saying, "Oh, he supports Trump?"

Oculus needed to immediately dissociate themselves from Palmer but they failed to. We all must immediately have nothing to do with Oculus.

What even is Palmers role at Oculus anymore? I too am surprised they haven't already severed all ties.

Fisty

As a Muslim myself, I am not fond of Trump.

I am also not fond of the the foreign policy spanning from Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Palestine that Clinton is associated with...

I am sorry, Clinton is not better than Trump. Clinton has arguably more Muslim blood than Trump on her hands.

I wonder if Clinton will close Gitmo? Just like no wall will be built if Trump gets in, very little will change under a Clinton presidency.

Anyways, Luckey has a untenable position now. I think he needs to go.

Clinton is not better than Trump? Is that a real thing I'm reading? I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune when The Donald makes you register and wear a special sash so the cops will be able to automatically spot you and stop-and-frisk

Well, some good could come of Trump's presidency. At least we'll all be safe from The Cyber.

Hillary is no better.

Chaps who make sense, like Ron Paul and Sanders, get laughed out of the process unfortunately....

The most hilarious thing about this post is the fact that Ron Paul and Sanders are on the polar opposite ends of the American political spectrum. They have one thing in common, internet forum popularity.

Outrun

Clinton is not better than Trump? Is that a real thing I'm reading? I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune when The Donald makes you register and wear a special sash so the cops will be able to automatically spot you and stop-and-frisk

They're both awful.

One tells you he is gonna fuck you over, and will do so at a grander level, if given a chance.

The other is part of a system that has frittered away at personal liberties and human rights, all in the name of Freedom.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
He needs to go.

Yesterday.

Yep. This is why I pretty much ignore the "but he barely even does anything there! We can totally pretend he doesn't exist right guys! I mean, he's not even technical or involved in the day to day!" camp. More problematic if anything that he allegedly has basically nothing to do with Oculus dev today and yet he's still there. Be super easy for FB to formally cut ties and they haven't done shit.

Outrun

The most hilarious thing about this post is the fact that Ron Paul and Sanders are on the polar opposite ends of the American political spectrum. They have one thing in common, internet forum popularity.

Just as hilarious as Trump or Hillary making any sort of difference to the US.

Personal freedoms will not be restored. (See anti-terror legislation)

Corporate tax evasion will continue (See US defense of Apple in Ireland)

Selective foreign meddling in the name of Freedom will also continue (Palestinian freedom? Nah, Syrian freedom? Yay!

National infrastructure will further decay. (Roads, electrical grid etc..)

What is going to change for the better, under Clinton? or Trump?

I think a 3rd party is needed.

Anyways, thanks for the discourse. I wish my American GAFers all the best in Election 2016!

Fisty

Selective foreign meddling in the name of Freedom will also continue (Palestinian freedom? Nah, Syrian freedom? Yay!

Anyways, thanks for the discourse. I wish my American GAFers all the best in Election 2016!

Hey no problem voting for a 3rd party, I'd advise everyone that feels that way to do so. But I just can't lump Clinton and Trump together. Yeah Clinton's had her share of fuck ups but Trump has done sooooo much damage to this country just by being a rich psychopath without any real power. There's no telling what would happen if he controls our military.

Wait you aren't even American? Ah hell that explains it

Mahonay

Banned

So you're not American.

If you lived here in the US, you are ok with the idea of having to register yourself as a Muslim so the government can keep an eye on you? Like, you know, the exact thing Trump wants to do? HOW ARE YOU JUST SHRUGGING YOUR SHOULDERS AT THIS PART?

Third party argument is complete bollocks when in this election there is an absolutely zero percent chance of a third party is winning. It's Hillary or Trump. AND IT CAN'T BE TRUMP.

Outrun

Hey no problem voting for a 3rd party, I'd advise everyone that feels that way to do so. But I just can't lump Clinton and Trump together. Yeah Clinton's had her share of fuck ups but Trump has done sooooo much damage to this country just by being a rich psychopath without any real power. There's no telling what would happen if he controls our military.

Wait you aren't even American? Ah hell that explains it

Canadian, 5 mins from Detroit :)

Upon some reflection, I have to say if I HAD to choose, Hillary would get the nod.

Outrun

So you're not American.

If you lived here in the US, you are ok with the idea of having to register yourself as a Muslim so the government can keep an eye on you? Like, you know, the exact thing Trump wants to do? HOW ARE YOU JUST SHRUGGING YOUR SHOULDERS AT THIS PART?

Third party argument is complete bollocks when in this election there is an absolutely zero percent chance of a third party is winning. It's Hillary or Trump. AND IT CAN'T BE TRUMP.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Trump's batshit ideas like the wall and Muslim registration has no chance of becoming legislation right?

But, upon some reflection, placing Clinton in the realm as Trump was not accurate of me.

Krejlooc

Banned

The next president will appoint someone with the deciding vote in the supreme court. And likely another really soon. This will likely cement the supreme court opinion for a new generation.

This is actually the most important elections in recent history if you give a damn at all about civil liberties. The supreme court's vacancy is nuts. Can you imagine the deciding vote going to someone Donald Trump appointed?

Outrun

The next president will appoint someone with the deciding vote in the supreme court. And likely another really soon. This will likely cement the supreme court opinion for a new generation.

This is actually the most important elections in recent history if you give a damn at all about civil liberties. The supreme court's vacancy is nuts. Can you imagine the deciding vote going to someone Donald Trump appointed?

Doesnt it need to be confirmed by the Senate?

Mahonay

Banned
Correct me if I am wrong, but Trump's batshit ideas like the wall and Muslim registration has no chance of becoming legislation right?

But, upon some reflection, placing Clinton in the realm as Trump was not accurate of me.
The president has plenty of power especially if Trump got into office with the currently Republican lead Congress.

Trump has said things like he has no issues with reneging on any of our NATO pacts. He admires Putin. He is dangerous for the entire god damn planet if he became president.

Krejlooc

Banned
Doesnt it need to be confirmed by the Senate?

Who controls the senate? Take a wild guess.

A democratic president will likely push a more moderate nomination to the supreme court, one that will satisfy their own political leanings while being able to work with the senate majority. They will go back and forth and ultimately agree to a more middle of the road supreme court justice.

A republican president? Fueled by the alt right and donald trump? They will push as hard right a justice as possible, and will get them approved thanks to the current make up for the senate.

We are voting for checks and balances.

Mr. X

A repub congress + right leaning supreme court would be Hell on Earth for non white, non Christian, non males. It would up to their interpretation of the laws they suggest if it's unconstitutional or not. Then the warhawks and pro-Russia, anti-Nato and "not paying their fair share" allies rhetoric he spits would be horrible for the rest of the world.

Of course, the shit they say is he doesn't mean what he says and top advisors, the best advisors would be around him.

Outrun

Who controls the senate? Take a wild guess.

A democratic president will likely push a more moderate nomination to the supreme court, one that will satisfy their own political leanings while being able to work with the senate majority. They will go back and forth and ultimately agree to a more middle of the road supreme court justice.

A republican president? Fueled by the alt right and donald trump? They will push as hard right a justice as possible, and will get them approved thanks to the current make up for the senate.

We are voting for checks and balances.

Fair point.

Krejlooc

Banned
Fair point.

It's an obvious point if you've been paying attention. The entire reason the next president is going to appoint a Supreme Court justice instead of the current president is because the current make up of the senate has been politicking. They haven't done their job for half a fucking year specifically because they want a hardcore right-wing justice nomination, which they won't get from Obama. Pointing to the Senate as our savior from a Donald Trump nomination is fucking crazy, because they're the ones fighting for such a nomination.

This is really a no brainer decision.

I'm really glad I came back to the thread to see this.

I got a great laugh. Thank you, _dd_.

Outrun

It's an obvious point if you've been paying attention. The entire reason the next president is going to appoint a Supreme Court justice instead of the current president is because the current make up of the senate has been politicking. They haven't done their job for half a fucking year specifically because they want a hardcore right-wing justice nomination, which they won't get from Obama. Pointing to the Senate as our savior from a Donald Trump nomination is fucking crazy, because they're the ones fighting for such a nomination.

This is really a no brainer decision.

Dont you think that the Republicans are fractured in a way that would undermine a potential president Trump. Some of this shit is extreme for moderate rights?

But the idea for voting for balance makes perfect sense.

Mahonay

Banned
Dont you think that the Republicans are fractured in a way that would undermine a potential president Trump. Some of this shit is extreme for moderate rights?

But the idea for voting for balance makes perfect sense.
Our Republican Congress is insanely power hungry. They've done plenty of crazy shit in the past simply to increase their influence. Trump at the helm would basically be a green light for them to go crazy.

Krejlooc

Banned

Look at the cronyism on display in the republican party edit: I'll go further-- all american politics right now. Given that A) There are a contingent of people who have always been secretly racist, but never displayed it because it's uncouth in politics, and B) there are a group of people who will lick boot no matter what because they value their political power above all, I don't have any hopes for the current senate working towards a moderate justice. If the senate had any respect and decency, they would have already done that with Obama.

It's funny, because your other posts supposed this deep resentment towards a corrupt political system, yet you've come around to hopefully depending on that same political machine to keep Donald Trump in check.

Bringing this all back around to the topic at hand - the reason people speak with certainty about these scenarios is because this has happened before. David Duke is a perfect example of a nutjob gaining real power in Louisiana. And in the case of David Duke, he was put into power by politicized hate groups (in that case, the KKK). Which is why what Palmer Luckey has been doing is so disgusting - they are trying to legitimize the Alt-Right into a political group, and supporting alt-right leaning candidates like Donald Trump. The Alt-right has no place in politics.

The alt-right isn't a portion of the political spectrum, in case you're confused. The Alt-right is not to be confused with the term far-right. Alt-right is a specific group. They are an affiliation that recognizes themselves.

Outrun

Look at the cronyism on display in the republican party edit: I'll go further-- all american politics right now. Given that A) There are a contingent of people who have always been secretly racist, but never displayed it because it's uncouth in politics, and B) there are a group of people who will lick boot no matter what because they value their political power above all, I don't have any hopes for the current senate working towards a moderate justice. If the senate had any respect and decency, they would have already done that with Obama.

It's funny, because your other posts supposed this deep resentment towards a corrupt political system, yet you've come around to hopefully depending on that same political machine to keep Donald Trump in check.

That still exists, but, as others have pointed out, there are only two choices here, short of revolution.

I am sad for America that the choice has been reduced to damage control, rather than a proper societal, financial, political renewal that is necessary.

I think that that Trump's thin veneer of Washington outsider has conned a lot of people into thinking that he is the Chosen One.

Krejlooc

Banned
[/b]

That still exists, but, as others have pointed out, there are only two choices here, short of revolution.

I am sad for America that the choice has been reduced to damage control, rather than a proper societal, financial, political renewal that is necessary.

I think that that Trump's thin veneer of Washington outsider has conned a lot of people into thinking that he is the Chosen One.

right right, everyone is sad, no real choices, all that stuff

but in the end, there is really only one real sane decision one can reach. Even the nihilistic, because there are obvious tangible results of this election.

Get out there, do some research, there's very little time to continue spreading this message. The election is next month, if Hilary doesn't win, she has now power to help FBI and they will in turn procecute her. Right now it's FBI scratching her back because they know she'll scratch theirs after vbeing elected.

There's not a stadium or arena big enough to house all the seats you should be taking.

Outrun

As a Canadian, I feel obliged to state that Outrun's embarrassing posts do not represent us...

Leave the personal insults out of it, and simply state your opinion, rather than coopting the voice of Canada...

I am having an enlightening dialogue on here.

Quit throwing stuff on the field of play :p

Mr. X

The right defanged the Voting Rights Act already and some places are still trying to do something on infringe voting rights targeting specific minority groups to stop them from voting Dem in elections.

They also love trying to fuck over women health issues and prevent equal rights protections for LGBTs.

Their economic policies always favor the top and fuck the middle class and lower. This should be apparent if you have a basic understanding of economics.

Top Bottom