• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath goes HD (PSN)

wwm0nkey

Stallion Free said:
It is confirmed a Steamworks title, so no GFWL, but Steam does call achievements achievements and not some other name like PS3.
You forgot that JAW is not doing the Steam version :D

wwm0nkey

Stallion Free said:
Oh, you right, the actual Oddworld team is doing the PC version with Lorne Lanning.
Yep so this right here pretty much confirms a version for all platforms, no only if the 3DS could get it :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Stallion Free said:
Oh, you right, the actual Oddworld team is doing the PC version with Lorne Lanning.
Oh good, I thought this was dead

The steam collection was actually something I was looking forward to most last year

Do they have the original cgi models and stuff from Abe 1 and 2 btw? That's be awesome to relive. Or does it not work like that?

wwm0nkey

Teetris said:
Oh good, I thought this was dead

The steam collection was actually something I was looking forward to most last year
They where having problems with Direct X thats why it isnt out yet, guessing the problems where resolved though.

wwm0nkey

The new PS3 model looks even better than the CGI one!

stranger.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm treading on thin ice with this post I'm sure but I really do hope the PC/PS3 versions match up in terms of how touched up they are, then again I do see myself getting a PS3 down the line, if only to play The Last Guardian :D

Jigsaw

Banned
this deserves a retail disc release :eek:

put in abe's odyssey 1+2 (they are on psn already iirc) and go under the hd classics label

Chris_C

Stranger's model is getting a poly count and texture bump, but the environments aren't as far as we know. I'm just mentioning that since a lot of you seem to be misunderstanding based on the image alone. If you take a look at the very first dev blog entry, they outline a lot of the things they're working on to improve the remake.

That said, I'm glad they're going to the trouble, and the remake sounds great so far.

(also, another note but the PS3 model does NOT look better than the CG model. It just appears this way because it's got rim lighting and the bump mapping is more visible, I'm sure if we had higher resolution images to compare the two the difference in quality would be more apparent. Still a great model though!)

Hydrargyrus

Jigsaw said:
this deserves a retail disc release :eek:

put in abe's odyssey 1+2 (they are on psn already iirc) and go under the hd classics label

Yeah, I think the same.

That would be fantastic and it would have a sales boost if they release it in disc format (with Oddyssey and Exodus).

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
That CG model looks horrible for a CG model, is that really the one that was used in the CG trailer they released for the game?

Yagharek

I just want to express how awesome I think fuzzles are. Greatest weapon in the history of gaming I would say.

I hope this gets a retail release, same as the OddBox. I will buy it regardless though. Strangers wrath is my favourite game ever.

vireland

Ushojax said:
Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is still one of my all time favourite games. Day one.

Hour one. Great game that deserves broader exposure than EA gave it back in the day. Probably my most cherished original XBOX experience.

wwm0nkey said:
The new PS3 model looks even better than the CGI one!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx101/redm0nkey1/stranger.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Now the only thing that I hope they do: get high-res CGI cutscenes cause game model is now superior. Either that, or have in-game cutscenes.

God of War suffered from low-res cutscenes. I don't want this to follow the same route.

:O I don't know how I missed this but I was thinking about how I want to play this game again the other day! Odd that it's only coming out on PSN when it was a xbox title to begin though. And easter feels like years away. :( Please come soon!

Loudninja

“The final decision is NOT ours. One thing we can discuss in regard to the 360 version is the size of the game. On XBLA there is a 2GigaByte size limit we have to adhere to, currently the title weighs in at 2.1GB and that is without any updates, so either we have to pull a miracle out of the bag with some type of amazing compression system, or ask Microsoft to increase their 2GB limit, however this limit is apparently hardware led, so please let us try and make a miracle happen.”
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/09/28/jaw-comments-on-360-strangers-wrath/

I hope they find someway to get it on the 360,this is just so silly :/

Keikoku

Banned
The limit was something like 256mo back in the days. They'll increase it again if necessary, this excuse sounds like BS to me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow... 2.1 and not allowed. :/

...however this limit is apparently hardware led...

Are XBLA games compiled into a single executable file? If so, it's possible that there really is no way around this limit. At least for XBLA, that doesn't necessarily apply to Games on Demand.

Darklord

Banned
Keikoku said:
The limit was something like 256mo back in the days. They'll increase it again if necessary, this excuse sounds like BS to me.

Not really. I've heard XBLA can be pretty pissy about things.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Keikoku said:
Yes, it's true, the devs hate money and will make any excuse not to port it to XBLA.

Hey folks, I work at JAW, and the 2GB limit is related to XBLA only, as the file system for XBLA is different to that of GoD.

GoD are basically ISO images of the DVD image, where XBLA stuff is encoded, the level of encoding we think is what forces this 2GB limit.

wwm0nkey

GoldenHelmet said:
Hey folks, I work at JAW, and the 2GB limit is related to XBLA only, as the file system for XBLA is different to that of GoD.

GoD are basically ISO images of the DVD image, where XBLA stuff is encoded, the level of encoding we think is what forces this 2GB limit.
I really hope MS lets you guys release this on XBLA.

MMaRsu

Banned
GoldenHelmet said:

So it's not possible to crop some things further in the XBLA version to make it 2.0 gb? :p.

Please???? ^^

wwm0nkey

Its still a bit weird the first HD Oddworld title is going to be a remake, I really thought Citizen Siege was going to make it by now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Top Bottom