• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Kyanrute

Does everyone understand this example, at least?

Here's the alternative:

Its a straight downgrade

Thinking is different from knowing, right? Semantics, but I feel the role is nonsensical somewhat.

I think x is scum. If true, I thinks x is scum. If false, I does not think that x is scum. Only the self knows what they themselves think The moderator cannot take sides on comments like this. And this tells nothing.

I know x is scum. If true, I knows x is scum. If false, I does not know that x is scum. So this works, kinda. Scum know their scummates.

The role relies on wordplay. What a silly role.

*Splinter

Info-roles, sure. I was thinking the overall thing. What's scum been so far? Gorlak's redirect and a whole load of nothing. Even the power in that came from a town role.

There certainly is a fuckton of roles in the game for sure, but why would they all be on town side? Lightning rod screws up one night kill as long as doctor remembers to use their command. The potential in gorlak was huge, he could've killed scum, saved someone or blocked a kill and found scum that way. Then there are the more minor roles in Zipped, Sophia and Darryl, roles that can still be useful, but require more strict conditions.

And in addition to all that, a three shot cop. Sure. No.
We haven't seen a single scum flip... how should I know what kind of powers they have?
In the example of Gorlak:
What if he wouldve been neutral SK?1
What if you asked scum about a neutral and scum thought neutral was town?2

The problem with the "I think X is scum/town" questions are, if they are town or neutral, it automatically will give you an unclear answer and doesn't confirm the alignment of "X". I can see your point on going that route though. To me, more direct questions about the person's own alignment wouldve been better. Which you already addressed as being difficult to do from Day 1 I guess.

Another question, if there are various statements made in the post. 1 true and others false, would that make the whole post unclear?3

1. I wouldn't find an SK this way, true... I still think it was worth it to seperate scum and non-scum players. My role just isn't ideal for neutral hunting (I mean its possible but inefficient).
2. It definitely works better on "I think x is scum" or even "I think x isn't scum". All the statements I checked where accusing people of being scum (except Sophia town-reading Darryl)
3. If there are multiple and at least 1 is a lie then it would be LIE
If there are no lies but at least 1 unclear then it would be UNCLEAR
If it was all true then it would be NO LIE
Thats what I mean by priority system: Lie -> UNCLEAR -> NO LIE

*Splinter

Thinking is different from knowing, right? Semantics, but I feel the role is nonsensical somewhat.

I think x is scum. If true, I thinks x is scum. If false, I does not think that x is scum. Only the self knows what they themselves think The moderator cannot take sides on comments like this. And this tells nothing.

I know x is scum. If true, I knows x is scum. If false, I does not know that x is scum. So this works, kinda. Scum know their scummates.

The role relies on wordplay. What a silly role.

"thinks" is literally the example used in my pm. You are splitting hairs here

Sophia

I apologize for this, but I'm bowing out of the conversation for now and sending my message to Royal. Real life issues have suddenly come up. I'll be back near the deadline for the messages, and I'll try and keep up with reading the thread.

Kyanrute

He can't be, Zippd targeted him.

Shit. True. Urge to vote increasing.

This isn't WIFOM, this is 200 posts building to a single claim. You either think its inconsistent or you think its planned from the start or its real. I'm not asking you to flip a coin here, I'm asking you to look over these actions and judge whether you think I'm town or not.

And you of all people can spare me a lecture on poor play.

Don't believe the role and the actions can't be distinguished from scum fake claim. Either the role is fake or a scum role, leaning on it all being fake.

*Splinter

Shit. True. Urge to vote increasing.

Don't believe the role and the actions can't be distinguished from scum fake claim. Either the role is fake or a scum role, leaning on it all being fake.
Then I'm the greatest scum player of all time. Thanks, you're too kind.

Before we go full thunderdome Splinter, 1) What exactly is the case against me, because I'm still not even sure 2) is there anybody else you'd be willing to vote for 3)Why not come out with this at the beginning of the day? What was there to gain sitting on this info?

Because if you are town then I still have issues about other people. In fact everybody else can get in on this, last day what do we have to lose? For me:

Swamped: Stated it before still find her scummy.

Kyan: I don't care for how Kyan was on Ezekel/Me and is now on the Splinter is mafia train post my vote.

Giant Panda: I can't see how in any way his power can help town, for me, I wouldn't bother use it. Buuut if you combine the power with the switcher, then he would know who Zipped/Crimson was protecting/viewing and if obeyed then the mafia team could be sure who they are targeting and switch them. That seems like a far more efficient use of the role to me.

If you are town, I urge you to step back and examine the reactions to my vote/your claim because I believe that scum will try to exacerbate the situation between us.

Well, Splinter's claimed role would normally sound pretty implausible. But this is the game with Gods and Dictates, and the hints here and there in Splinter's earlier posts, combined with his explanations seem to be pretty genuine.

Is there any reason to not claim at this point if you're town? Most of the question marks are unclaimed people.

Panda why did you tell Zipped to check Swamped?

I picked Swamped because I thought that choice would make my claim today stronger. If I tried to claim based off of knowing that Zipped had targeted a more obvious candidate, people could have refuted my claim by saying I guessed. Also she seemed to flying under the radar so I thought this might bring some attention to her.

*Splinter

I picked Swamped because I thought that choice would make my claim today stronger. If I tried to claim based off of knowing that Zipped had targeted a more obvious candidate, people could have refuted my claim by saying I guessed. Also she seemed to flying under the radar so I thought this might bring some attention to her.
Hmm, ok, I guess.

I would have preferred he check Seath just so we can put that conversation to bed, but your reason makes some sense.

My issue with Splinter's continued survival is that if he's town and active, scum will usually toss a couple votes his way. Or at least put him under suspicion.

Sophia's been under fire. Zipped has been questioned. Darryl was pretty active, and he got lynched. Gorlak, well you know. But until Splinter went back-and-forth with Zeke and Zeke threw a vote on him, he wasn't the focus of any discussion.

Contrast that to my activity the first couple days, where I had votes tossed my way for being silent, only to get a late Day 2 surge from... guess who, Splinter himself.

Day 1 vote count
Day 2 vote count
Day 3 vote count

Couldn't you sent the protect request and still been able to prove your role?

Hmm, ok, I guess.

I would have preferred he check Seath just so we can put that conversation to bed, but your reason makes some sense.

The ck wouldn't have made a difference with ninja night 3?

*Splinter

Couldn't you sent the protect request and still been able to prove your role?

The ck wouldn't have made a difference with ninja night 3?
Maybe. But it's not unlikely that he'd get a different result targeting a god compared to targeting a normal player and getting no result. The same way that being blocked often gives a different result to a simple "no result".

And the way I understand it his protect command would always go to Crimson. He didn't even know who his commands were going to until they flipped/claimed.

There could be another protector. But I haven't seen any evidence of one, so trying to confirm myself through something that's likely to fail seemed like a bad idea.

*Splinter

My issue with Splinter's continued survival is that if he's town and active, scum will usually toss a couple votes his way. Or at least put him under suspicion.

Sophia's been under fire. Zipped has been questioned. Darryl was pretty active, and he got lynched. Gorlak, well you know. But until Splinter went back-and-forth with Zeke and Zeke threw a vote on him, he wasn't the focus of any discussion.

Contrast that to my activity the first couple days, where I had votes tossed my way for being silent, only to get a late Day 2 surge from... guess who, Splinter himself.

Day 1 vote count
Day 2 vote count
Day 3 vote count
I've been called suspicious plenty. I've also been pretty consistently wrong so far, there's really no need for scum to go out of their way to kill me. Especially if they believed I was ordinary.

Let me attack Gorlak
Let me lynch FEP/Darryl
Keep me around to lynch LP
THEN lynch me.

I assume that was the plan, anyway

*Splinter

Scum will avoid mentioning fellow scum until absolutely necessary.

So you're saying that since scum is so far ahead, you're going to get bussed today?
So is it even worth me responding to you? You seem pretty content to reframe everything I say as if I'm scum.

Scum don't need to do anything to me at this point. Sophia has been vocally against me from Day 1. You've been the same since yesterday at least. Zeke has also been strongly against me, although his alignment is still an unknown.

*Splinter

I was remembering this post since its in the.middle of the breadcrumbs:

bullshit0wpot.jpg

Why do Splinter's posts rub me the wrong way? It's not quite a scum vibe, but it's unsettling none the less. Especially that whole "Oh if we could get a trade!" followed by jokingly saying he'd claim Komena...
But fair enough you do town read me later.

From day 2 then? :p

I've been called suspicious plenty. I've also been pretty consistently wrong so far, there's really no need for scum to go out of their way to kill me. Especially if they believed I was ordinary.

Let me attack Gorlak
Let me lynch FEP/Darryl
Keep me around to lynch LP
THEN lynch me.

I assume that was the plan, anyway
When did you attack Gor? At least enuff to let mafia let you live.
D2 you were the main one saying let him say what action he took b4 we voted him or something. D3 you str8 defended him.
Wasn't Gorlak the one that started the party for LP, weren't you focused on OA?

Also, how would they know to lynch you? How would they know how you would react or how scummy u would make urself seem?

So is it even worth me responding to you? You seem pretty content to reframe everything I say as if I'm scum.

Scum don't need to do anything to me at this point. Sophia has been vocally against me from Day 1. You've been the same since yesterday at least. Zeke has also been strongly against me, although his alignment is still an unknown.
Don't remember sophia being against you Day 1. Also I started last day phase.

*Splinter

When did you attack Gor? At least enuff to let mafia let you live.
D2 you were the main one saying let him say what action he took b4 we voted him or something. D3 you str8 defended him.
Wasn't Gorlak the one that started the party for LP, weren't you focused on OA?

Also, how would they know to lynch you? How would they know how you would react or how scummy u would make urself seem?

Don't remember sophia being against you Day 1. Also I started last day phase.
I spent all of D1 attacking Gorlak. In the end I said I didn't want to lynch him, but it would have looked like I would continue on D2.

I'm pretty sure I lead the lynch on LP... I was definitely pushing for it on D2 at least. Maybe Gorlak took up the reigns while I was looking at OA.

I don't know what you mean by "how would they know..." If we're talking about last night then they would have seen confirmed townies Sophia and LP against me, along with you and OA if either of you are town, plus another mislynch on D3 that could easily be pinned on me. I'm simply the easiest mislynch, they wouldn't have known I was prepared for this.

Of course there where better night targets anyway, we were talking about why scum don't vote me more in the day? I don't entirely understand LPs point, but my counter is that as long as I'm chasing townies (and have more townies in my sights for future days) there is no need for them to be aggressively against me.

I also cant believe that you/OA are BOTH town, so there has been at least one scum attacking me yesterday.

Sophia

... man my reads on Day 1 were on the right mark for all the wrong reasons. XD

Honestly, I should trust my gut more often.... and right now my gut is curious at the fact that very few people are engaging in this conversation with Splinter. Hm.

*Splinter

... man my reads on Day 1 were on the right mark for all the wrong reasons. XD

Honestly, I should trust my gut more often.... and right now my gut is curious at the fact that very few people are engaging in this conversation with Splinter. Hm.
Looking at the reactions to my claim... I can finally feel good about Zeke. He's very clearly digging into it for inconsistencies etc, but at the same time I don't get the feeling that he's just picking holes for the sake of casting doubt on me. The questions are fair and the overall reaction reads as genuine.

Zipped was the most similar to this and we know he's town.

Ocean has done the fastest 180 I've ever seen. I'm not ready to vote anyone but he's still my top suspect.

Kyanrute also looked bad imo, in comparison to Zeke he was more casually flinging shit from a distance. His argument was based around the overall PR composition (which we have no knowledge of) with no apparent interest in the details of my claim.

I think that only leaves Swamped/Dragonz? Neither of these have posted yet.

Oh also Panda... he was the most trusting I think... I'd say my trust in him comes more from his claim than his reaction to mine.

"Hey! Hey, fengshuifever? Are you still with us?" No answer. Just a blank stare, ignoring the hand waving in front of his face. "Shit, guys, I thing we lost him. Where is this woman with the healing voice when you need her? ... Oh right, I forgot."

Suddenly, fengshuifever blinked and started looking around puzzled "I... Where am I? Who am I? What's going on? I don't think this is my body! What is going on?! I'm freaked out! HELP!!!"
"Feng! Feng, listen! You need to stay calm and help us find those Followers of Peripseros, We need you!"
"Who is this feng guy you are talking about? My name is Blargonaut!"

Effective immediately, Blargonaut is replacing fengshuifever

(if you read this: The following line is just for test purposes for my new project)
Bargonaut will replace fengshuifever

*Splinter

In fact I think Kyan has been town reading me most of the game... correct me if I'm wrong, I've only double checked today's posts.

Here are his suspects at the start of today:
OA/Ezekel/dragonz on the shortlist at the moment. Reading [Splinter] and Swamped again to decide if you two should be excluded or not.
But he's been dismissive of my claim, and firmly against me after it.

*Splinter

"Hey! Hey, fengshuifever? Are you still with us?" No answer. Just a blank stare, ignoring the hand waving in front of his face. "Shit, guys, I thing we lost him. Where is this woman with the healing voice when you need her? ... Oh right, I forgot."

Suddenly, fengshuifever blinked and started looking around puzzled "I... Where am I? Who am I? What's going on? I don't think this is my body! What is going on?! I'm freaked out! HELP!!!"
"Feng! Feng, listen! You need to stay calm and help us find those Followers of Peripseros, We need you!"
"Who is this feng guy you are talking about? My name is Blargonaut!"

Effective immediately, Blargonaut is replacing fengshuifever
Confirmed town

;)

Sophia

Oh, come on, let me have a little fun with the flavor of another soul now steering the same body as another soul before :)

Oh it's not that. I'm just wondering what the impact of a nearly town confirmed Blarg will have on this game.

Well, I'm gonna wait to see what Blarg and the others have to say.

BTW everyone, We're only about 10 hours off the message deadline if you wish to send something .

*splinter (1)
oceanicair 1198

The day ends in:

The deadline for the messages is in:

(Please note that due to my personal schedule the messages won't be forwarded until around 3-4 hours after the deadline)

Sophia

quick overview pls

We've hit no scum.

Me and Zipped are confirmed town

Splinter is on the shit list.

I'm on mobile.

You're SUPPOSED to be a lightning rod.

Seath claims to be a bad God

LP is a God but we dunno which one.

Help us, blargonaut Kenobi, you're out only hope

Top Bottom