• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually incredibly ironic that the Democrats being so divided is the only thing that's going to save Trump's ass next year.

Democrats have the sheer numbers to beat the Republicans by storm, but because they always want to virtue signal who is the most "woke", they will continue to rip at each other's throats until one "least racist" person is left standing.

It's actually why I'm so happy that Biden and Bernie are in the running that they are. It melts the brain of every Reset SJW to see 3 white men running for U.S President. If it weren't for that factor, Trump would not be seeing re-election next year.

Edit: Found another Reset user with an IQ higher than 70

8jnvTWC.png

Stanng243, you too are going to be disappointed in what the Democratic Party has in store for you next year. It's best to leave them now before the disappointment sets in.

This is the exact same thing between Labour and Conservatives in the UK.

They are too split that some have made a new party!

Saber

There’s a term for that too? Why the fuck can’t he just say “as a man” and that’s it? Why every fucking thing know must have a term for fuck sake

As much as is annoying to have terms for everything, I'm more concerned that the word "man" is now viewed as something disgusting, despicable and shameful.

Just the fact the he acknowledges this post is going to discarded because of that detail is already something beyond thinking.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
As much as is annoying to have terms for everything, I'm more concerned that the word "man" is now viewed as something disgusting, despicable and shameful.

Just the fact the he acknowledges this post is going to discarded because of that detail is already something beyond thinking.
I noticed that too. What a disgrace..

nush

Men all get tarred with that bush by that lot. They assume most of us automatically have life on easy mode.

Traianvs

It's the Evergreen Effect.

what's with the finger snapping instead of clapping? no wait I don't want to know...
Seriously, I don't know if this generation will be, eventually, the future leadership, politician, etc... or they are just people that in a few years will discover the reality of life and they'll be unable to survive.
Because they are incredibly entitled, spoiled, weak

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
what's with the finger snapping instead of clapping? no wait I don't want to know...
Seriously, I don't know if this generation will be, eventually, the future leadership, politician, etc... or they are just people that in a few years will discover the reality of life and they'll be unable to survivi.

Clapping supposedly triggers anxiety, so the ultra-woke college campus types pushed to replace it with snapping fingers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/fashion/snapping-new-clapping.html

That has already been replaced by "jazz hands."

hDGAL8L.jpg

Last edited:

Barnabot

For my money, nothing will ever top TWO 10,000+ post "why women criticize sexualized character designs" threads - the one in which comments by actual women are dismissed by male feminist allies. We're talking 20,000+ posts of pure stupid.
Not even the Guild Wars 2 thread? That one "why women criticize sexualized character designs" everybody knew it was a bait to get banned.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Holy
fucking
shit

This is resetera in real life. This shit is scary.

its only scary because its tolerated! I mean seriously, if it was made clear to them that using threats and abusive language against faculty would result in them being kicked out of school, they'd back down in a heartbeat.

Despite how they see and present themselves, they aren't radicals or (hah) revolutionaries. They are a bunch of overly coddled brats who only get brave when they are faced with the softest of soft targets.

Basically its a slap fight between a bunch of pussies. If they were faced by actual Nazi's they'd run a fucking mile in the opposite direction.

There was a great bit in the last season of the sit-com Community, where during an amusing riff on post-apocalyptic dystopian SF, the campus is turned into basically a striated society where privelige is demarcated by a popularity ranking on a mobile app called meow-meow-beanz.

All of which is by the by; the thing is at one point overly woke cartoon character Britta tries and is refused access to an area because of her low rank. In response to this she tries to cow the burly door guy blocking her way by saying "I'm a journalism student, words are my weapons". To which the guard responds: "I'm the security guard WEAPONS are my weapons!"

This to me is the whole performative wokeness deal in a nutshell. They seem unable to grasp that any power they exercise is granted to them at the discretion of the forces they are ostensibly opposing. If they were actually dealing with the enemy they pretend to be, they'd get smashed in a heartbeat!

This is especially true for places like Ree, they bleat incessantly about the evils that encircle them but (strangely, hah) never have to actually deal with any materialized threat! Something that, if they were as influential as they claim to be, would certainly happen.

As it stands the biggest existential threat to them is threads like this that do no more than take the piss out of their arrant stupidity and hypocrisy!

So no, not scary at all.

Last edited:
Not even the Guild Wars 2 thread? That one "why women criticize sexualized character designs" everybody knew it was a bait to get banned.
Yeah, it’s ban bait... but 20,000 posts? Even in its most ironic, cynical interpretation, it is still 20,000 posts of men complaining about moderately attractive game characters. ResetEra is, what, three years old? That’s an average of twenty posts a day, every day, for three years. That not only shows that these people are crazy, they are crazy obsessive too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, it’s ban bait... but 20,000 posts? Even in its most ironic, cynical interpretation, it is still 20,000 posts of men complaining about moderately attractive game characters. ResetEra is, what, three years old? That’s an average of twenty posts a day, every day, for three years. That not only shows that these people are crazy, they are crazy obsessive too.

Less than two years.

Less than two years.
Jesus Herbert Christ. It's even worse than I thought. And I was wrong. The first OT has 20,855 posts, so it is closer to 31,000 posts since it started, not 20,000.

Just the OT2 has 10,590 posts as of... 1 minute ago. Sorry. Now, it is 10,591. First post was Aug 29, 2018. So, 10,591 posts in 280 days, give or take. So roughly 38 posts a day, every day, with no break. What else in all of gaming can justify 38 posts a day for three quarters of a year?

Now, it is 10,592.

Edit: 10,593.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Jesus Herbert Christ. It's even worse than I thought. And I was wrong. The first OT has 20,855 posts, so it is closer to 31,000 posts since it started, not 20,000.

Just the OT2 has 10,590 posts as of... 1 minute ago. Sorry. Now, it is 10,591. First post was Aug 29, 2018. So, 10,591 posts in 280 days, give or take. So roughly 38 posts a day, every day, with no break. What else in all of gaming can justify 38 posts a day for three quarters of a year?

Now, it is 10,592.

That isn't even the worst of it. There are members of that community who have averaged 50 posts a day since the forum first started. Clearly mentally troubled people who don't get the help they desperately need.

Barnabot

Now, it is 10,592.

Maybe male feminists have a lust for white Knighting in that thread. That much tells you how much is going on in their lives.

That isn't even the worst of it. There are members of that community who have averaged 50 posts a day since the forum first started. Clearly mentally troubled people who don't get the help they desperately need.
Yeah, but 49 of those posts just consist of the word "yikes".

Edit: 10,605.

Last edited:
The two Jontron threads are interesting in the sense that the threads of the "products" he's connected to (Nakeyjakey and Trover saves the Universe) grew exponentially from the controversy in the case of the former and are several times the size of the OT in the case of the latter which is under 100 posts.

In the unlikely chance either Jake or Roiland are reading this, these people are NOT your audience. Please do not cater to them. You'll only get burned in the end.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They were big fans of Jake. Enough where they had a running thread about him. Once they found out he knew JonTron they completely turned on him instantly.

EVERY relevant gaming Youtuber knows Jontron, even friggin ProZD and Era worships him and constantly posts gifs of him.

These people are living in a massive bubble if they think attempting to cancel every single person that's brushed shoulders with someone "problematic" is going to go over well.

nush

its only scary because its tolerated! I mean seriously, if it was made clear to them that using threats and abusive language against faculty would result in them being kicked out of school, they'd back down in a heartbeat.

Despite how they see and present themselves, they aren't radicals or (hah) revolutionaries. They are a bunch of overly coddled brats who only get brave when they are faced with the softest of soft targets.

Let's see how well protests like that will work out for them outside of an educational facility in the real world where being a pain in the ass like that in the workplace will just get you fired.

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
David Jaffe trolls the fuck out of Resetera.

Wait for it....
E8e2XAf.png

and then BAM!

ApnmhTp.png
Fuck. I just made a thread about it in the gaming discussion. lmao.

I didn't read the second comment. Thanks Jordan! >_>

Well u could sorta see a gay or bi link somewhere with the god of war characters...Greek armies were not exactly getting exclusive clubs...there were some believed it bought the men closer so they fight more as a unit

But in saying that I could not imagine The kratos character as anything but a crazy bloodthirsty demon slaying women laying god.

farmerboy

Now, it is 10,592.

Jesus' middle name was Herbert!?!

Traianvs

Well u could sorta see a gay or bi link somewhere with the god of war characters...Greek armies were not exactly getting exclusive clubs...there were some believed it bought the men closer so they fight more as a unit

But in saying that I could not imagine The kratos character as anything but a crazy bloodthirsty demon slaying women laying god.
Historically speaking, I'm sure Kratos had his load of spartan cocks during his army days so it's fine if they want to call him bi.
Anyway, master level trolling from Jaffe

Saruhashi

Banned
It's the Evergreen Effect.

Honestly, a lot of the kids in these videos from Evergreen just seem like they are kind of vulnerable and messed up.

I'm not excusing their behavior but in so many ways it feels like they need a guiding hand from people with experience and sense.

It's so hard to imagine how they will be able to get out there into the "real world" and be able to function properly.
I wonder if 10 years from now you're going to have all of these severely depressed adults who spent their whole lives trying to be activists and yet nothing really changed.

Plus imagine getting to your 30s or 40s and realizing "when I was 18 we completely destroyed a guys career and ruined his life over nothing"?

Barnabot

Honestly, a lot of the kids in these videos from Evergreen just seem like they are kind of vulnerable and messed up.

I'm not excusing their behavior but in so many ways it feels like they need a guiding hand from people with experience and sense.

It's so hard to imagine how they will be able to get out there into the "real world" and be able to function properly.
I wonder if 10 years from now you're going to have all of these severely depressed adults who spent their whole lives trying to be activists and yet nothing really changed.

Plus imagine getting to your 30s or 40s and realizing "when I was 18 we completely destroyed a guys career and ruined his life over nothing"?
I'm sure empathy and respect are not the things they've learned from their parents or whoever was in charge of them. Don't worry I'm sure they won't be feeling regretful for their actions in the future because the world itself won't teach them how to be respectful and feel empathy for others. They will double down on their forced entitlement until they can't anymore.

That's an awfully strange thing to say about people who are adults.

These are adults. Legally. Physically. But not emotionally. If we aren't preparing these adults-in-name-only for the "real world" properly, it's only because we are too accepting of treating adults as children. We need to treat them like adults and hold them responsible for their actions like adults are. As someone who didn't truly feel like an adult until I had children, having some actual responsibility in your life makes a world of difference. And I see this upcoming generation not wanting to get cars, houses, married, or have children - they are afraid of responsibility, so let's hold them responsible for that too.

They've also had access to more education than any previous generation ever, so they should be the most learned generation ever... and yet, they seem to be the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. So that says something about our education system too.

10 years from now?

Saruhashi

Banned

These are adults. Legally. Physically. But not emotionally. If we aren't preparing these adults-in-name-only for the "real world" properly, it's only because we are too accepting of treating adults as children. We need to treat them like adults and hold them responsible for their actions like adults are. As someone who didn't truly feel like an adult until I had children, having some actual responsibility in your life makes a world of difference. And I see this upcoming generation not wanting to get cars, houses, married, or have children - they are afraid of responsibility, so let's hold them responsible for that too.

They've also had access to more education than any previous generation ever, so they should be the most learned generation ever... and yet, they seem to be the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. So that says something about our education system too.

10 years from now?

I agree that they should know better but I also think it is what it is right now.

Anyone who has worked in retail will for sure be able to tell you that A LOT of older people they have to serve will act like entitled children.
I can't help but feel that educational establishments are being treated in the same way like "we are paying your wages so you'd better just give us what we want".

I don't disagree with anything you've said. They should be held responsible.

These videos give a troubling insight into how education is going these days and it's worrying that these underdeveloped adults will be entering the workforce with these awful entitled attitudes.

However, I can't help but have some sympathy as I feel that they are still vulnerable and to some extent are being manipulated by outside forces.
Someone is trying to raise a generation of activists but once the activism is done what are they good for?

Saruhashi

Banned
tenor.gif

Soldiers for a fake Cold War that ended before most of them were born.

It's fucked up.

I'd love to know what some of the ringleaders are actually studying.

When I went to university after high school it's like I was being sent to get a qualification to then get a fucking decent job.
No way I would have been getting myself into protests and other pointless shit. You were there to learn the stuff that will allow you to make some money in your career.

Sure, there was drinking and partying and joining clubs etc but the focus was always on the serious task of getting a qualification.

You look at these videos and it's like "what the fuck are these kids doing". Imagine wasting days at a time to get rid of a "racist" tutor or to make sure that the president of the place checks his privilege.

It's like you go to college to learn how to be an activist and then use what you've learned to get the college shut down and then fuck off to be a games journalist or e-begger or just be unemployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom