• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dthomp

The victims of THQ :unsure:

There are no victims. No one or anything was harmed. Unless you literally shaked out of your chair and hit the floor. Also wasn’t THQ fault.

Thanks a lot Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese now I’ve got the mental image of one of those idiots over there clenching their fists so hard as they shake themselves out of their chair and continue the shakegasm on the floor. I needed a good laugh today, and you provided it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Thanks a lot Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese now I’ve got the mental image of one of those idiots over there clenching their fists so hard as they shake themselves out of their chair and continue the shakegasm on the floor. I needed a good laugh today, and you provided it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It breaks my heart a bit, as a decade ago, I was a huge fan of their content; They were one of the best YouTube poop people.

Yo what the fuck, that's Ms.Galaxy!? I still remember that Groose mashup which I legit liked.

She's just gotta be a troll on Era, right, or at least playing it up? Looking though some of her newer stuff, it's really not awful. She seems to be a bit of a memer even, making some SiIvagunner-style stuff and even referencing the channel despite a bunch of the crew at SiIvagunner being fans of Jontron and Pewdiepie and whatnot.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Well I just had a pleasure of being banned thanks to saying I think the government shouldn’t fund abortions and giving my reasons for it. I tied to speak politely and get them to see people have different views on major subjects like this, but sadly most of them dog piled and decided it best to just throw insults out, call me trash and all that. I never resorted to any insults or anything more than explaining my views and replying, yet looks like I was the only one banned lol.

I think that’s it for me being a cross forum poster. I try to call out both sides when I see extremist views, be it right, left or whatever, but they have gotten brutally insulting over their if you even dare leave their bubble

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Well I just had a pleasure of being banned thanks to saying I think the government shouldn’t fund abortions and giving my reasons for it. I tied to speak politely and get them to see people have different views on major subjects like this, but sadly most of them dog piled and decided it best to just throw insults out, call me trash and all that. I never resorted to any insults or anything more than explaining my views and replying, yet looks like I was the only one banned lol.

I think that’s it for me being a cross forum poster. I try to call out both sides when I see extremist views, be it right, left or whatever, but they have gotten brutally insulting over their if you even dare leave their bubble
I’m sorry you got banned.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I’m sorry you got banned.

It’s nothing I feel bad about, it’s just a realization that I don’t belong around them, I can’t relate to them or understand their inability to accept differences (which is crazy given what they claim to stand for with their values). I really wanted to be someone who could visit both sides and learn from both, be a part of both discussions, maybe even help others accept one another’s views or feel comfortable considering solutions outside their own field of view. It was stupid for me to think that was doable.

It’s nothing I feel bad about, it’s just a realization that I don’t belong around them, I can’t relate to them or understand their inability to accept differences (which is crazy given what they claim to stand for with their values). I really wanted to be someone who could visit both sides and learn from both, be a part of both discussions, maybe even help others accept one another’s views or feel comfortable considering solutions outside their own field of view. It was stupid for me to think that was doable.
There's nothing stupid about being hopeful.

That said, this thread is littered with the failed attempts of like-minded users who attempted to do the exact same thing as you. Take it as a lesson to invest your time elsewhere, whether that's here with us degenerates at GAF or with others.

CyberPanda

Banned
Well, at least you tried! But, now you know what they are really like, and they kind of did you a favour by banning you.

Barnabot

Some of the staff are hard-core progressive-hypocritical anti-semities that couldn’t even handle a Nintendo in Israel thread existing on a gaming forum, do you expect them to make any sense?
It was like a dilemma for them. They love Nintendo but they must hate jews because activism.
You just can't enjoy visiting a place where people constantly put a knife to your neck while you try talk about something.

Don't feel sorry. Own that ban like a badge of honor.

Well, now you know that these people are not interested in arguing in good faith. Shift your efforts of having an open discussion to folks who don't instantly mob and attack you for having the "wrong" opinion.

-Jing-

Neo Member
I have spent many, many years lurking about here (cause I didnt have a vaild email to register) and followed era throughout the years. But I cant do it no more. I cant go to ERA, there's so much hate. It doesnt matter what section it is. There's always hatred towards someone or something. I can barely even bring myself to read posts telling someone else they can fuck off, or how they're a bigot or whatever. How do you go on there everyday and just proceed to hate on everything. While, sure I can empathize with things going on in the political scope, but for anything is is just unbearable at this point.

How do some of those people do it. They just have to proclaim their hatred for anything and wear it like a badge to take pride in. I cant help but think of that Bob Ross quote while I'm reading some of the things there. In recent months its gotten more and more overwhelming there. I can't stand to go into any other section but the hangouts at this point. The staff obviously have to be aware of the negativity surrounding the site at this point but they dont seem to be doing anything about it, or if there's even anything they can do at this point.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have spent many, many years lurking about here (cause I didnt have a vaild email to register) and followed era throughout the years. But I cant do it no more. I cant go to ERA, there's so much hate. It doesnt matter what section it is. There's always hatred towards someone or something. I can barely even bring myself to read posts telling someone else they can fuck off, or how they're a bigot or whatever. How do you go on there everyday and just proceed to hate on everything. While, sure I can empathize with things going on in the political scope, but for anything is is just unbearable at this point.

How do some of those people do it. They just have to proclaim their hatred for anything and wear it like a badge to take pride in. I cant help but think of that Bob Ross quote while I'm reading some of the things there. In recent months its gotten more and more overwhelming there. I can't stand to go into any other section but the hangouts at this point. The staff obviously have to be aware of the negativity surrounding the site at this point but they dont seem to be doing anything about it, or if there's even anything they can do at this point.

I think the staff is actually enjoying it/promoting it with their behavior, it’s one of those weird twisted times that something intended to be good turns evil because the creators are so infatuated with their vision they turn into the things they thought they were rebelling against.

I saw that thread. They really need to update their TOS with that whole "personal attacks against another member" thing. You calmly gave your opinion without attacking anyone, even praising people that explained their issues with your stance. And yet multiple posters outright told you to fuck off.

How the hell is that not "personal attacks against another member"? How is the one person not being an asshole the one that gets banned? People on Era are constantly complaining about Youtube and Twitter not honoring their TOS, but Era does the same fucking thing, and they're much smaller, so they don't have the excuse of it being "too big to moderate".

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I got a "Personal attack" ban before from Era for literally quoting the person that claimed I attacked him. He was being a dick about a subject and being obtuse about it, so I quoted him from another topic where he was talking clearly about what his problem REALLY was. I was bringing receipts, to prove I wasn't making assumptions. BANNED!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I got a "Personal attack" ban before from Era for literally quoting the person that claimed I attacked him. He was being a dick about a subject and being obtuse about it, so I quoted him from another topic where he was talking clearly about what his problem REALLY was. I was bringing receipts, to prove I wasn't making assumptions. BANNED!

True moderation experts.

CyberPanda

Banned

Clarissa

Banned
Agreed, but it's much more fucking stupid than that. They are not allowed or it's at least implied that they can't mention GAF "the other place" or "the old country". But they sure can mention by name fucking 8chan AND (for those peodos that are inclined) let them know that's when you can easily find the CP!

This is the forum that perma banned @ray_wonder for just posting a Joe Regan video becuse they didn't want to signal boost or allow his content on thier platform.

Those Ree-ers have by this point for fucking sure have signal boosted 8chan and its CP content way way way more than the original THQ AMA. Which is exactly why they invited THQ for the AMA in the first damn place!
What happens if they mention GAF I wonder. Their balls drop off?

CyberPanda

Banned
"We don't allow an Alt Right Nazi forum a voice on our platform" banned. multiple severe infractions.
Someone did mention GAF on there once and their replies were robotic. All of them
pretty much saying ‘don’t talk about that site!’

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Early Era used to be closer to old Gaf: as long as you avoided certain threads, you would generally be fine. But now its cancer has contaminated the whole thing. Hating, shitposting, thread-derailing is everywhere in the gaming subforum.
What happens if they mention GAF I wonder. Their balls drop off?
They don't usually call it by its name. Anyone who says something positive about it are dogpiled by the usual suspects, the thread is derailed, and mods will let it run. If more positive gaf support comes out from a second or third poster, mods then close the thread because 'cross-forum drama' is not allowed.

Last edited:

HUELEN10

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Post 736

Think they will turn it into a perm?
Probably when no one else is watching.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Post 736

Thread about a new sponge bob game.

Sensitive thread.

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Fake

I kinda sad because Digital Foundry are using leaks from there in their videos...
Post 736

I think I know that guy. We're used to take a healthy conversation about that game even I never played.
Its hard to even have that there now.
I guess he will get a perma, but I more curious about THQ games get a forbidden tag.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh hey, a whole thread condoning doxxing:

Era is almost indistinguishable from Kiwifarms at this point, just with people legitimately believing they're doing the right thing. How long before we see actual death from these unhinged maniacs?

Kiwifarms is better than ResetEra. Kiwifarms just mocks people, but rarely tries to ruin their lives. ResetEra tries to ruin people's lives all the bloody time.

Kiwifarms is better than ResetEra. Kiwifarms just mocks people, but rarely tries to ruin their lives. ResetEra tries to ruin people's lives all the bloody time.

Eh, KF definitely goes too far. I've seen enough actual doxxing of "lolcows" (and not only the malicious ones breaking the law) on the site to know that I wouldn't support them regardless of their motivations. At the very least, Era seems to at least not post that shit out of fear of getting banned even if they'll implicitly support it.

Of course that kind of rings hollow when Hecht is doxxing people on Twitter, but it's not on Era itself, so in my mind that makes them better in some way. But who knows, maybe we'll see some widespread doxxing in the coming months on there and they'll end up just as bad. We already know at least one mod and one admin are in favor of doxxing the "right people".

Era is almost indistinguishable from Kiwifarms at this point, just with people legitimately believing they're doing the right thing. How long before we see actual death from these unhinged maniacs?
Kiwifarms actually realise they are idiots and embrace it........reee doesn’t

nush

Gold Member

Only if they can call out racists and bigots from behind the safety of thier keyboards. Otherwise they'll do nothing until they can ru. To Era and and make a power fantasy topic about what they were going to do, but couldn't for reasons...

tkscz

Gotta put the timestamp, dude. It's 10:43 btw.

And yeah, funny stuff. I know a few Cr1tikal fans on Era. Wonder what they'll think about this, lol. Someone should make a thread.

I pasted the video to start at around the 12 minute mark. Didn't realize that didn't work

HUELEN10

I have a feeling some shit's going to go south here. :messenger_neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom