• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber

Gold Member
mK51Yys.png

Did he conduct a specific study about that matter to back up that claim? Citation? Anything at all?

Oh yeah. Internet bias.

Last edited:

Ivellios

How quickly they turned on her.

gXxZRx8.jpg

I read the last couple pages of this thread, and the entire situation is so insane and bizarre.

It also shows how cruel some of these people are, dogpiling and banning one of their oldest members like that just because they disliked some silly avatar bet.

HUELEN10

Did the Sweet person ever have an account here? I don't recall that name
If Sweet Nicole was a GAFer, she covered her prior account well and I applaud them for that. The ones whom I’ve spoken ages ago state she was not affiliated with GAF, but rather had friends in the queer blogging and game blogging industry, and had an opportunity to be part of that forum’s inception.

Barnabot

I read the last couple pages of this thread, and the entire situation is so insane and bizarre.

It also shows how cruel some of these people are, dogpiling and banning one of their oldest members like that just because they disliked some silly avatar bet.
Well, last time I've heard she had the ban hammer power before. She abused of that power by banning several members for pitty infractions. She was feared not respected.

Fake

At the time I was on resetera she was a asshole, dunno if was because they give her an adm tag, but sher never answer my reply, my quote, my pm or even reason for 'why ban' and when she could (most of time believe me), she make fun of a group of era members who was against somethink she was favor.
I can give people chances to know him better, but two faces its two faces and given her power maker her an asshole.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
How would you kn....... Oh, yeah.

On a totally unrelated and serious note, what was your favourite thing about your stay in Thailand. Sorry to derail but I followed your pic blog before I ever went then we went there for our honeymoon and fell in love with the place.

I spent several hours most days cruising around along the shore on a motorbike, relaxing on the beach reading, that sort of thing, since I was training at the Muay Thai camp six hours a day six days a week. It was intensely focused, but also very soothing in the down time, and that schedule was unlike anything I had put myself through. Beautiful area. That aspect of the experience was my favorite.

CyberPanda

Banned
I spent several hours most days cruising around along the shore on a motorbike, relaxing on the beach reading, that sort of thing, since I was training at the Muay Thai camp six hours a day six days a week. It was intensely focused, but also very soothing in the down time, and that schedule was unlike anything I had put myself through. Beautiful area. That aspect of the experience was my favorite.
Thai food is the best.

That's awesome. Where was your Muay Thai camp located? We did a few nights in Bangkok, a few in Chiang Mai and a few on Koh Samui. I could quite happily have spent my time being chauffeured around while I looked out the window, I found the landscape fascinating.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That's awesome. Where was your Muay Thai camp located? We did a few nights in Bangkok, a few in Chiang Mai and a few on Koh Samui. I could quite happily have spent my time being chauffeured around while I looked out the window, I found the landscape fascinating.

Rawai, in Phuket. It was close to some amazing secluded beaches and very relaxed overall. A giant Buddha shrine had just been constructed so I checked that out with some friends from training too. It was chill, though if I were to do it again I'd probably try Koh Samui. I did the whole month on a day's notice though haha after I found a cheap plane ticket over there.

Sounds like you had a great itinerary on your trip. What'd you think of Chiang Mai and Koh Samui?

well I guess this weeks word is cannibalise

I thought it was a joke banning but they are actually dog piling in true reee fashion
Yeah.

I also understand that Evilore could open himself up to a personal attack if she came back and account suicided. He has skin in the game if you will.

So I am willing to bet my account perm’d if she does account suicide if she was unbanned. Sorry I can’t have anymore skin in the game than that as you can’t personally attack me the same way you can Evilore

Did the Sweet person ever have an account here? I don't recall that name
They did... think it was sweetcakes or something like that

Out of all the people that could come here I don’t think he/she would show their face here as there would probably be quite a few people here that wouldn’t take too kindly to them being here and I’m pretty sure they were thick in the middle of the original implode this forum had almost 2 years ago

If this is a preview of what’s to come for trump 2020 then it’s gonna be glorious

Wasn't Blam kicked out of the team by Sweetnicole precisely because she was still planning to post on Gaf? I can't imagine Nicole coming here after that.

Rawai, in Phuket. It was close to some amazing secluded beaches and very relaxed overall. A giant Buddha shrine had just been constructed so I checked that out with some friends from training too. It was chill, though if I were to do it again I'd probably try Koh Samui. I did the whole month on a day's notice though haha after I found a cheap plane ticket over there.

Sounds like you had a great itinerary on your trip. What'd you think of Chiang Mai and Koh Samui?

Out of the three locations we stayed at, my favourite was Chiang Mai. The pace of life is much slower up there. Glorious green hills in all directions. We took a day trip into the hills and visited an elephant sanctuary and the Mong tribe. There are a load of government sponsored coffee plantations up in the hills, the government have helped the local farmers out in exchange for not growing weed.

Chiang Mai city was amazing too, we arrived on a Sunday and the famous Chiang Mai market was taking place right beneath our hotel bar. All sorts of crafts and food being sold in every stall. The food trumped everything for me over there. It sucks being in a country with very few Thai people, authentic food is hard to come by. I'm starting to save up for another visit.

Koh Samui was very cool. We arrived and our hotel backed on to the beach and each night as the sunset, a parade of Thai people performing a traditional dance made their way around the pool and lit the tiki torches.. We went to a national park waterfall up in the hills and also took a guided tour around the island which only took about an hour and a half but there were some knockout lookout points along the way. We stopped into a particular temple where a monk was supposedly mummified. It was pretty weird seeing that through a glass cube. The nightlife in our area was just my speed. Cool stalls selling cool shit with amazing food peppered in between.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
She’s the one that had all those mod notes posted in here right? I doubt most here have any for her either.
I'm not sure. But I do remember there being discussions in the Discord about banning Trump supporters simply due to them being just that, Trump supporters. And I thought that was unnecessary and went completely against the message they were pushing regarding the welcoming nature of ResetEra. So I PMed her and asked her what was up with this and she basically shrugged me off.

I then mentioned it here on GAF and was immediately labelled a troll and a liar by loyal little Era supporters. That alone should have been a giant red flag for me.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Out of the three locations we stayed at, my favourite was Chiang Mai. The pace of life is much slower up there. Glorious green hills in all directions. We took a day trip into the hills and visited an elephant sanctuary and the Mong tribe. There are a load of government sponsored coffee plantations up in the hills, the government have helped the local farmers out in exchange for not growing weed.

Chiang Mai city was amazing too, we arrived on a Sunday and the famous Chiang Mai market was taking place right beneath our hotel bar. All sorts of crafts and food being sold in every stall. The food trumped everything for me over there. It sucks being in a country with very few Thai people, authentic food is hard to come by. I'm starting to save up for another visit.

Koh Samui was very cool. We arrived and our hotel backed on to the beach and each night as the sunset, a parade of Thai people performing a traditional dance made their way around the pool and lit the tiki torches.. We went to a national park waterfall up in the hills and also took a guided tour around the island which only took about an hour and a half but there were some knockout lookout points along the way. We stopped into a particular temple where a monk was supposedly mummified. It was pretty weird seeing that through a glass cube. The nightlife in our area was just my speed. Cool stalls selling cool shit with amazing food peppered in between.

Makes me long for getting back out into the world, something fierce. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Melon

Banned

:messenger_weary: :messenger_weary: 😩
I honestly am lost with all these pronouns .....they really should just do things the Aussie way and call everyone cunts as it can mean mate/enemy or funhole

I'm not sure. But I do remember there being discussions in the Discord about banning Trump supporters simply due to them being just that, Trump supporters. And I thought that was unnecessary and went completely against the message they were pushing regarding the welcoming nature of ResetEra. So I PMed her and asked her what was up with this and she basically shrugged me off.

I then mentioned it here on GAF and was immediately labelled a troll and a liar by loyal little Era supporters. That alone should have been a giant red flag for me.
Yeah. That sounds extreme. And I’ve seen her mentioned in only negative ways.

However I tend to always reach down to someone who has fallen down and try to help them up.

Ivellios

Well, last time I've heard she had the ban hammer power before. She abused of that power by banning several members for pitty infractions. She was feared not respected.

I suppose that the majority of the forum staff is far more feared than respected by the community.

I mean even on Reset a lot of people say they avoid posting their opnion on certain topics because they are afraid of being banned.

TrainedRage

Banned
Trump f**cked with some peoples heads.... legitimately.
Its really worrisome and I feel like there is literal internet social hysteria going on because of it.

Barnabot

I suppose that the majority of the forum staff is far more feared than respected by the community.

I mean even on Reset a lot of people say they avoid posting their opnion on certain topics because they are afraid of being banned.
At least by the time I'm here on GAF I've contacted the staff before. Asked questions, got replies. Never a reprisal. I don't fear them because they don't have a erratic behavior unlike the purple forum staff.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
We are now going to have only one pronoun when referring to another human being. That pronoun is Kler. Pronounced klɜː

We are also getting rid of the term pronoun altogether. Should one noun be better than another? What are we, a bunch of pronoun supremacists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom