• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Oh shit. Sophia's going all in.

giphy.gif

Lol.

Barnabot

Now they have received the message.

BijAADB.png

EDIT:

jlfdqa2.png

Found the original post before the gulag canceled the guy

Last edited:

Thabass

Now they have received the message.

BijAADB.png

EDIT:

jlfdqa2.png

Found the original post before the gulag canceled the guy

Man, can that title be even more sensationalist?

Thabass

It wasn't before.

EbKMwYM.png

Oh that's rich. They changed the fucking title to be MORE ONE SIDED.

I don't get it. Other than the "fagbag" comment, how is this game remotely homophobic? The Ogay soap isn't really knock on gay people, it's a knock on "Olay" moisturizers and soaps. Why do they have to censor themselves for that type of pun?

I mean, I get removing the first mention of gays in the game. I can see it being a bit homophobic. Maybe apologize for that. But the other issue isn't nearly as bad and it's things that 3D Realms have done in the past with Duke Nukem.

These people, I swear.

nush

Gold Member
This is just so amazing, when the Era backlash is gaining more recognition and so many people are laser focused on them. They double triple quadruple down on thier bullshit and censorship as they try to suppress the facts when everything is getting screencapped the second it goes up becuse those people watching know this is what they will do.

Now they have labled a trans reporter as a hate group. It's just too much! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This isn't even the endgame, there's even more of this to come. 🍿

Barnabot

This is just so amazing, when the Era backlash is gaining more recognition and so many people are laser focused on them. They double triple quadruple down on thier bullshit and censorship as they try to suppress the facts when everything is getting screencapped the second it goes up becuse those people watching know this is what they will do.

Now they have labled a trans reporter as a hate group. It's just too much! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This isn't even the endgame, there's even more of this to come. 🍿
Era basically kills the messenger if the message is not a good fit for them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Surprising how many people in that thread were 'waiting' before committing to buy the game after it was changed. Maybe, just maybe they never were. Think on publishers! It's what has been getting said for years now

It hilarious [see: sad] to see publishers constantly falling for the bullshit artist ideologues.

They need to take a page from KCD, Devolver, and THQ.

Clarissa

Banned
Nothing to do with what he posted.

Sea Lions are so cute though. Why are they associating sea lions with this. Should be called Gorilla-ing... :messenger_confounded:

Whitecrow

Banned
Ppfff
PersecutionEra

Really, they are everything they are against. How incredibly retarded can they be?

It would be beautiful if Valve got the reports, and instead tries to do something to get Era out of the internet = )

Last edited:

Doczu

Wait, so it's round fucking two with review bombing? Holy fuck they'll enter the red zone by the end of this week!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's been a rough week for them.
  1. 3DRealms backtracking and not making Void Point censor their game. An investigation into the story found that the site was likely purposefully manipulated toward the outrage.
  2. Elsa not having a love interest in Frozen 2
  3. Spider-Man potentially no longer being in the MCU.
  4. Dave Chappelle special released
NQjgc89.gif

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
The road to hell is paved with good intentions describes ERA perfectly these days no matter on what principles the forums was built upon it's all just hate and more hate now, i'm done with that place it's gone from my bookmarks forever.

Why do you think their intentions were good?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The average age on Era is around 30. Why do they give a shit about Frozen.

That Frozen 2 thread is amazing. That kind of behavior is not normal.

I think it tells a lot what kind of community have 30 year old men/women/they/it/what acting not normal towards an animated cartoon aimed to children.

Velcro Fly

They tried to review bomb and it was fewer than two dozen negative reviews. Then they caved and the real review bombing began.

For people who want to live in their little bubble protected from everyone else, they sure want to run around and tell everyone else what they should be doing and how they should be acting.

nush

Gold Member
And here comes the next #metoo target, conveniently timed to distract from the L they have taken over Iron Fury.

Ctrl + F "Police" "Filed police report" = Not found

Details of the rape "He was creepy to me over dinner", *Scene missing*, "He raped me". That's it.

Everything written after that is just how she was owed money and they didn't pay her.

Includes the virtually copypasta "I’m sharing this hoping that there will be information about him out there so other women can be informed.". I'm sure that's super helpful to look out for other women 11 years later, but it's a blatant dogpile request that the #metoo movement relies on.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but you see this exact format repeated time and time again but they never went to the police.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I don't maybe the wiki article about the proverb i used makes it a bit clearer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_road_to_hell_is_paved_with_good_intentions

Yeah I know where it comes from but I'm tired of this handwaving of narcissistic, ego-driven actions as "good intentions". Not having a dig at you personally as I see it a lot elsewhere. Ree are a hate mob driven by a thirst for vengeance against a world that has placed them at the bottom of its social hierarchy. That they shroud their hate behind doublespeak like "love" and "tolerance" shouldn't blind us from their true intentions. Let's call it for what it is.

TrainedRage

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom