• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 posts. 11 in a thread about resetera ~70%

Not one about videogames. So yes, maybe share some of your opinions about videogames on a videogame forum first. Before we take you seriously. And if you and your mates are contemplating which forum to sign up to, this one accept free emails at the moment so there is no barrier to entry. However, given your perception is that everyone posts disproportionately about resetera, you'll fit in well 'mate'
Na mate, I don't need to prove myself to you and you don't get to tell me what I need to do to qualify my presence here. I'm not huge on video game talk, and I'm slowly starting to involve myself in OT threads. The reason most of my posts are here is because there's a conversation happening and it's active.

Drop that nonsnse, you'll see in time.

Blam

16 posts. 11 in a thread about resetera ~70%

Not one about videogames. So yes, maybe share some of your opinions about videogames on a videogame forum first. Before we take you seriously. And if you and your mates are contemplating which forum to sign up to, this one accept free emails at the moment so there is no barrier to entry. However, given your perception is that everyone posts disproportionately about resetera, you'll fit in well 'mate'
I mean you can't really force someone to reply in threads they don't want to participate in,

Papa

Banned
While that is true in some of the surveys and polls GAF has participated in, conservative users are much more prolific in their posting and thread creation. For example, for Kavanaugh there are polls that show most conservatives wanted him nominated, moderates were split in half, and liberals didn't want him nominated. Meanwhile 90% of those who were posting in the thread about his nomination were ranting about how crazy and insane liberals are and how Kavanaugh is getting unfairly maligned. The handful of us (like... three?) presenting the opposite opinion were continually dogpiled by multiple people. The conversational dynamic of politic threads, and many of the thread titles/topics in Politics, leans pretty hard in the conservative direction. Having a lot of liberal lurkers doesn't do much in making the site feel evenhanded.

If I were you, I would be cautious about presenting defaulting to innocent until proven guilty as a conservative mindset.

Arkage

Banned
If I were you, I would be cautious about presenting defaulting to innocent until proven guilty as a conservative mindset.

Do we really want to argue about the differences between a job interview and a court trial? Because I don't. Also, 55% of conservatives wanted him nominated even if he was proven guilty of sexual assault. :unsure:

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
More proof ERA loves Republicans. :messenger_neutral: He commented on the tweets posted in the OP and was banned for "derailment".
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13812517/
User Banned (2 Days): Inflammatory thread derailment
So a person is not allowed to support trump (that like 47% of the country voted for) or believe kavanaugh was unjustly accused? Ummm, ok...

Replies:
We have a live one.
Well, fuck 47% of your country.
You're allowed to, you're just a piece of shit if you do.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Nice.
If you support trump you literally support rape, pedophilia and nazism.
Peace, out.
Hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

mekes

They get so worked up about Trump over there. Sometimes you just need to sit back and laugh at it. I had a little fun posting pro Trump messages over there. I got warned for trolling, but I was so that’s all good. The mod was surprisingly decent about it all, I thought I’d be dust. I’m sure I would have been had a select number of mods caught it. No users replying to me could see what was right in front of their faces, they love bringing out that voting Trump = supporting xyz (racism, sexism etc) RedMurcury almost had an aneurysm trying to get me banned from his safe space.

The freaks come out of the shadows the moment you post an independent thought on that forum. I haven’t posted over there since having that little bit of fun and I think I’m done with that site now. Browsing there can turn into one of the most exhausting ways to spend time that I’ve found on the internet. And I had dial up internet when I was 14.

JordanN

Banned
A Resetera mod weighs in on the Star Citizen race casting. Do we expect words of wisdom or more fear mongering over the scary idea of white people being in video games?
Spoiler: It's more fearmongering over whites.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-...ed-in-squadron-42.74879/page-12#post-13836147

vmzdtIO.png

There are already so many games that feature non-white characters now a days, but according to Resetera, it's still unfortunate when White people are being depicted by themselves. Literally force diversity wherever white people are, even if it has nothing to do with gameplay.

And before anyone asks, I wouldn't care if a game went all black, all Asian, or all mulatto with its characters. The point of capitalism is to support the products you want with your dollars. If there is no game that meets that quota, the free market says there will be a developer who is meant to profit off such vacuum. But that's assuming the demand for all these "DIVERSITY FIRST" games actually exists rather than people just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Nah bro you’re allowed to have a different opinion at era. It’s full of different ideas.
Agreed, even just the topic of Trump. Very diverse viewpoints. On one extreme, you have those who believe Trump is almost as bad as Hitler. In the moderate middle you have those who think he is literally Hitler. Then on the other extreme, those who believe he's worse than Hitler.

Dthomp

Agreed, even just the topic of Trump. Very diverse viewpoints. On one extreme, you have those who believe Trump is almost as bad as Hitler. In the moderate middle you have those who think he is literally Hitler. Then on the other extreme, those who believe he's worse than Hitler.

I think all these internet warriors need to be reminded just how awful a human being Hitler was. Trump, well most people are nowhere near this level of terrible. People really need to just cool off and freaking relax

prag16

Banned
I think all these internet warriors need to be reminded just how awful a human being Hitler was. Trump, well most people are nowhere near this level of terrible. People really need to just cool off and freaking relax
Truth. Hard to be TOO surprised at some of the extreme sentiment, when you have mainstream outlets publishing in depth think pieces on why it like so so totally isn't that unreasonable to equate Trump to Hitler like for serious. (Okay that maaaay be a slight exaggeration but sadly not by much.)

God Enel

A Resetera mod weighs in on the Star Citizen race casting. Do we expect words of wisdom or more fear mongering over the scary idea of white people being in video games?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-...ed-in-squadron-42.74879/page-12#post-13836147

vmzdtIO.png

There are already so many games that feature non-white characters now a days, but according to Resetera, it's still unfortunate when White people are being depicted by themselves. Literally force diversity wherever white people are, even if it has nothing to do with gameplay.

And before anyone asks, I wouldn't care if a game went all black, all Asian, or all mulatto with its characters. The point of capitalism is to support the products you want with your dollars. If there is no game that meets that quota, the free market says there will be a developer who is meant to profit off such vacuum. But that's assuming the demand for all these "DIVERSITY FIRST" games actually exists rather than people just bitching for the sake of bitching.

LOL maybe they should go to Auschwitz and see what real racism/fascism looks like instead of this Mickey Mouse Bullshit.
Hahaha holy shit.
Am I racist because I’m dating a white woman as a white guy?

Last edited:

God Enel

You were racist the minute you said you were white my friend.

True.
But to care about race and diversity in a video game come on. Are we in kindergarden? I mean it’s the most irrelevant thing on earth. If the characters would all be black/yellow/red I couldn’t give less of a shit. And as long as it’s their vision of the game, I’m good with it. People have way too much influence in game creation nowadays. (I have to admit often times positive too). Seems like When you’re creating content you’re always fucked. So basically don’t give a shit what anyone says and do what you think is the right thing to do. Just don’t give in to some asshats.

dannysamuel

Neo Member
In October of 2017, NeoGAF was enveloped in drama, and while we were being DDoSed for a couple days there, some people decided to make another forum and NeoGAF was bombarded with advertisements and account suicides promoting ResetEra as the "successor" to NeoGAF. I had been trapped in self-loathing since March of that year and pretty much just fell apart seeing my community turn against me and implode from within like that. It's complicated. My bad. Anyway, we didn't give up on this place, and NeoGAF isn't going anywhere, Reset isn't going anywhere either, and there's a lot of community overlap between the two, a regular influx of folks coming from there to here lately, etc.

We understand you may want to discuss some goings-on over there or your history with them after changing home bases. I have no interest in NeoGAF being bogged down with Reset talk around our forum, and our regulars want to move on as well. So, we're asking that if you'd like to discuss anything related to Reset, or some other community that you feel compelled to discuss, that you do so in this thread exclusively.

NeoGAF's rules still apply here. Do not obsess, stalk, shame, etc. off-site admins/mods/users. Don't post people's photos or doxx them. Don't scheme against people or other sites. Don't coordinate attacks. You will be banned, and then where are you gonna go, right?

My recommendation: it's a big internet. If some other website doesn't suit you, let it go and try something else. If NeoGAF does suit you, well, you're here already, right? Bring your friends and stay a while. If you just got banned from somewhere else and want to talk with other people who may have shared a similar fate, or if you must vent a little frustration, you can use this thread. Keep it civil and remember how silly you look.

JordanN

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...a-the-age-new-york-times.75073/#post-13843400
As China begins its ascendancy in the 21st century it certainly will be interesting. I go to China every year and have for 22 years, relatives are chinese etc. Half of me hopes China will be the benevolent super power that the world needs, the realistic half of me expects China to make all of previous human history look like a child's birthday party.

You always hear about China is a sleeping tiger, etc and i think no one really understands what it will be like when it wakes.

Hahahaha.

Why am I laughing? I've made several posts before warning that China becoming a superpower is not a good thing. I keep stressing that Communist China threatens our Western way of democracies unless we do something about it.

But we see everyday that websites like Resetera and the media alike focus all their attention on Trump. Calling him the devil, worse than Hitler, he's gonna kill us all etc, meanwhile there is a country overseas that wouldn't blink an eye when it comes to genocide an entire population.

So instead of supporting the actual guy who can stand up to China (Trump), this Resetera post has already come to the bargaining stage of "hoping" Communist China will be nice in the future.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Also another funny thing about that China post, maybe it goes to show that non-white people can be just as racist to each other?

Resetera is convinced that White people being in video games is the greatest danger of our lifetimes, but when China colonizes Africa in the 21st century, they're most likely not going to give a shit.

Last edited:

royox

vmzdtIO.png

I will never understand how fucked up your head has to be to be watching a videogame trailer and noticing this kind of shit.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

vmzdtIO.png

God they are such
UY0fm0b.png

I would assume that ERA would advocate that the game gets finished at all rather than suggesting in a complainative manner to add even more feature creep into the game.
Like more females/women, for instance.
BTYLwB3.png

Well that's certainly one way to look at all that stuff lol
Au contraire, as this is how staff (Slayven) views the real world regarding how Token from South Park is appropiately called as such since he is the only black character in the series, (Thus a Token character), out of all things:
Staff not getting satire said:
''I think the writing has always been weak and people just liked the fart jokes.

Like they named the only black character "Token", and he proceeds just to be the token black character. How is that satire?''
This really makes me wanna
372536827027914753.png

joking, ofcourse, in case Slayven reads here and can't understand why i am satirizing his anti-satire post

Evilore's speech
nick_young_confused2.png

Hi there Danny! Welcome to NeoGAF. May i ask why you reposted a speech by Evilore? I reckon its an attempt to criticize the purpose of this thread?

Perhaps introduce yourself? What do you think of GAF in general? What are your views regarding ERA? :)

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...a-the-age-new-york-times.75073/#post-13843400

Hahahaha.

Why am I laughing? I've made several posts before warning that China becoming a superpower is not a good thing. I keep stressing that Communist China threatens our Western way of democracies unless we do something about it.

But we see everyday that websites like Resetera and the media alike focus all their attention on Trump. Calling him the devil, worse than Hitler, he's gonna kill us all etc, meanwhile there is a country overseas that wouldn't blink an eye when it comes to genocide an entire population.

So instead of supporting the actual guy who can stand up to China (Trump), this Resetera post has already come to the bargaining stage of "hoping" Communist China will be nice in the future.

China is already a superpower, China becoming the leading superpower would be a catastrophy. But as the US recedes into nationalism under Trump, they are most likely to fill the void, as the EU struggles with nationalist movements and Brexit. I mean, yeah, that’s what all this might lead to. It’s not exactly rocket science.

Welcoming this, however, is delusional. But par for the course for US identity politics fascists.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You said I'm framing conservatives as the party that cares about "innocent until proven guilty" in relation to Kavanaugh's nomination. The survey shows otherwise.

Well that is what you were doing, even if it wasn’t intentional, because that was the core of the Kavanaugh issue. Your survey is irrelevant because GAF and the GOP are entirely separate entities.

You’re pretending that people here were playing the stupid red team/blue team game when in reality, most of us were simply appalled that an obviously embellished (if not outright fake) rape claim was being used as a political weapon. Like I said, be very careful about aligning that with a particular political side.

Arkage

Banned
Well that is what you were doing, even if it wasn’t intentional, because that was the core of the Kavanaugh issue. Your survey is irrelevant because GAF and the GOP are entirely separate entities.

You’re pretending that people here were playing the stupid red team/blue team game when in reality, most of us were simply appalled that an obviously embellished (if not outright fake) rape claim was being used as a political weapon. Like I said, be very careful about aligning that with a particular political side.

Your original claim was about the conservative political party, not GAF in particular, so the survey remains relevant. I would agree the liberals/moderates/conservatives who participated in the GAF poll are more rational than the conservative party.

Ford's claim was not embellished, but it was conflated with the accounts of the other women (i.e. rape train) in order to dismiss her claim along with theirs. Ford never claimed Kavanaugh raped her. The conservative and liberal bases were both emotional "appalled" about the situation due to their own tribalism and desire to virtue signal to their friends. Moderates were split with a small lean towards him likely having done it. But, yes, OUTRAGE! This will be my last post on this topic as it's derailing, and I debated Kavanaugh enough in the actual Kavanaugh thread.

Last edited:

Corrik

I think anyone arguing that this website doesn't learn towards Republicans despite the political compass results is silly. As a Republican myself, I sometimes find myself arguing against the more conservative viewpoints and bias posted. Not that it is wrong to lean towards Republicans, but I think people trying to act like it isn't are being a little dishonest. This forum is not Alt-Right by any means. And has people on both sides. I disagree with nobody important a lot, but I like that he continues to post his viewpoints and keep debate back and forth.

Papa

Banned
Your original claim was about the conservative political party, not GAF in particular, so the survey remains relevant. I would agree the liberals/moderates/conservatives who participated in the GAF poll are more rational than the conservative party.

Ford's claim was not embellished, but it was conflated with the accounts of the other women (i.e. rape train) in order to dismiss her claim along with theirs. Ford never claimed Kavanaugh raped her. The conservative and liberal bases were both "appalled" about the situation for their own ideological reasons (an emotional state of mind, none the less). Moderates were split with a small lean towards him likely having done it. But, yes, OUTRAGE! This will be my last post on this topic as it's derailing, and I debated Kavanaugh enough in the actual Kavanaugh thread.

No it wasn’t. Here is what I said verbatim. The post is still there unedited if you don’t believe me.

You don’t get to pull a Nobody_Important and pretend to take the high road to “avoid derailing” when you’re in the wrong.

Arkage

Banned
You don’t get to pull a Nobody_Important and pretend to take the high road to “avoid derailing” when you’re in the wrong.

"Conservative mindset" implies general population, and there was no indication you were speaking specifically about GAF's conservative population. Hence my pivot to a general population argument.

1) I say the Kavanaugh thread shows GAF has strong conservative lean in political threads.
2) You make a broader claim, implying the "conservative mindset" is defaulting to innocent until proven guilty. This has a bunch of your assumptions and viewpoints baked into it, and debate ensues.
3) I show a survey demonstrating the majority conservative mindset was "IDGAF whether he's innocent or guilty, hire him" to demonstrate your "conservative mindset" assumption is mistaken.

This does not mean I think the majority conservative mindset of GAF is the same as the majority conservative mindset of America. I'm the one who created the poll demonstrating as much in the first place.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
"Conservative mindset" is phrase implying general population, and there was no indication you were speaking specifically about GAF's conservative population. Hence my pivot to a general population argument.

1) I say the Kavanaugh thread shows GAF has strong conservative lean in political threads.
2) You make a broader claim, implying the "conservative mindset" is defaulting to innocent until proven guilty. This has a bunch of your assumptions and viewpoints baked into it, and debate ensues.
3) I show a survey demonstrating the majority conservative mindset was "IDGAF whether he's innocent or guilty, hire him" to demonstrate your "conservative mindset" assumption is mistaken.

This does not mean I think the majority conservative mindset of GAF is the same as the majority conservative mindset of America. I'm the one who created the poll demonstrating as much in the first place.

Again, that’s not what I said, and I think you need to take your blinkers off and read a bit more thoroughly before responding.

I said you need to be careful about framing Kavanaugh being innocent until proven guilty as a conservative mindset. Your original post that I responded to, which is re-quoted below, used the Kavanaugh thread as a means of painting GAF as a bunch of conservatives ranting about “crazy and insane liberals” (key sentence in bold). I am suggesting that you are making a mistake by choosing this example as evidence of your claim about GAF’s supposed conservative bias. The Kavanaugh situation should not have been about conservatives vs liberals, even if that’s what it devolved into in the media; it was ultimately about innocent until proven guilty, and you were indirectly (and apparently unintentionally) framing this as a conservative mindset with the words you chose to use.

While that is true in some of the surveys and polls GAF has participated in, conservative users are much more prolific in their posting and thread creation. For example, for Kavanaugh there are polls that show most conservatives wanted him nominated, moderates were split in half, and liberals didn't want him nominated. Meanwhile 90% of those who were posting in the thread about his nomination were ranting about how crazy and insane liberals are and how Kavanaugh is getting unfairly maligned. The handful of us (like... three?) presenting the opposite opinion were continually dogpiled by multiple people. The conversational dynamic of politic threads, and many of the thread titles/topics in Politics, leans pretty hard in the conservative direction. Having a lot of liberal lurkers doesn't do much in making the site feel evenhanded.

Arkage

Banned
Again, that’s not what I said, and I think you need to take your blinkers off and read a bit more thoroughly before responding.

I said you need to be careful about framing Kavanaugh being innocent until proven guilty as a conservative mindset. Your original post that I responded to, which is re-quoted below, used the Kavanaugh thread as a means of painting GAF as a bunch of conservatives ranting about “crazy and insane liberals” (key sentence in bold). I am suggesting that you are making a mistake by choosing this example as evidence of your claim about GAF’s supposed conservative bias. The Kavanaugh situation should not have been about conservatives vs liberals, even if that’s what it devolved into in the media; it was ultimately about innocent until proven guilty, and you were indirectly (and apparently unintentionally) framing this as a conservative mindset with the words you chose to use.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to say. And your condescending tone is starting to wear on me, which is ironic since you then get upset when people want to stop engaging with you. The thread was filled with tons of drive-by shitting on liberals, as well as some well thought out conservative rebuttals about unfair treatment. Totaling both up lead to my guestimate of 90%. The only metric that matters in relation to my argument is the 90% one. If GAF did not have a significant conservative lean that ratio would've been more around 50/50 in supporting him vs wanting a different nominee, which would reflect America more broadly.

Edit: maybe I get your point now. The liberal argument was that this isn't a case of innocent until proven guilty because it was a job interview. The conservative argument was that it was because of how personally damaging it was. Is this what you meant?

Last edited:
Totaling both up lead to my guestimate of 90%. The only metric that matters in relation to my argument is the 90% one. If GAF did not have a significant conservative lean that ratio would've been more around 50/50 in supporting him vs wanting a different nominee, which would reflect America more broadly.
But this is a leap in logic, Arkage, and I speak as one of the conservatives who posted a lot in that thread.

The response to one highly-divisive issue doesn't indicate the overall leanings of a website. Heck, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that it indicates a lean among the users who replied in that thread. I saw a lot of posts in there saying "as a Democrat/Liberal/Progressive, I can't condone this". Opinions in one thread cannot be extrapolated as representative of each user's opinions, let alone the consensus of the entire website.

"If the site was 50/50, we would've seen more of a 50/50 in supporting him vs wanting a different nominee" is a leap.

However, let's assume it is not a leap. Even so, when applying that standard to a general thread about economics or public assistance, it does end up with the 50/50 you're describing, if not leaning heavily to the LEFT. But I wouldn't take that as evidence that GAF is heavily left-leaning.

Last edited:
The loudest voices on this site are talking right-leaning/wing opinions. There may be a good split overall, but the conversation leans well into the right.

As a left leaner this is actually more appealing to me than Era for political debate. There many dissenting voices get shut down, either via dogpiling or trigger happy mods. Here I'm sure I'll be dog-piled for some of my positions, but I'll also get to actually debate with people who oppose my views and that's what I'm interested in.

There are quite a few people though, ITT, who talk down to some of the left leaners in a condescending way. It's needless, and it puts them off conversing with you. I can personally shrug that stuff off, but it's not conducive to productive debate.

This is slightly OT, though, just wanted to chime in to the conversation happening above. If there's a better thread for this I'll happily contribute there.

Last edited:

tkscz

The loudest voices on this site are talking right-leaning/wing opinions. There may be a good split overall, but the conversation leans well into the right.

As a left leaner this is actually more appealing to me than Era for political debate. There many dissenting voices get shut down, either via dogpiling or trigger happy mods. Here I'm sure I'll be dog-piled for some of my positions, but I'll also get to actually debate with people who oppose my views and that's what I'm interested in.

There are quite a few people though, ITT, who talk down to some of the left leaners in a condescending way. It's needless, and it puts them off conversing with you. I can personally shrug that stuff off, but it's not conducive to productive debate.

This is slightly OT, though, just wanted to chime in to the conversation happening above. If there's a better thread for this I'll happily contribute there.

Those people have been getting warnings and bans as of late.

JordanN

Banned
Resetera loves invading people's privacy. All the reactions are the same mob mentality with no rational input anywhere.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...nts-anymore-because-people-yell-at-him.75059/

And a ban is thrown out for pointing out such unhinged behavior.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...people-yell-at-him.75059/page-4#post-13844619

WLORKFe.png

But no bans are thrown out for people wishing to harm Tucker Carlson.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...people-yell-at-him.75059/page-4#post-13845521

xnLXFox.png

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mean being lenient on users behaviors only goes so far, before they gotta be punished lol
''Punished''
putinwink.png

Just one hint at
Untitle44bws7rd.png
and ERA goes
exxy4.png
gddr5.gif
Untierertlred.png

Meanwhile us folks @ GAF present ourselves in an educated manner (most of the times)
snobbyguy1.png

prag16

Banned
Good, there's no need for it.
I'll admit I can be guilty of it at times. Though I will say 95% of my 'infractions' in this area are toward one particular user. This one user stands far head and shoulders above the rest in terms of sheer volume of bad faith, dishonest, and disingenuous posting. I think he gets away with it because he is somewhat polite and non-confrontational about it. It's entirely possible he has me on ignore now since he stopped responding to me; I will likewise try not to engage. There are numerous examples of 'good' left wingers posting their opinions around here so I'll try to ignore the one bad apple moving forward, and not drive any sense of general hostility.

I'll admit I can be guilty of it at times. Though I will say 95% of my 'infractions' in this area are toward one particular user. This one user stands far head and shoulders above the rest in terms of sheer volume of bad faith, dishonest, and disingenuous posting. I think he gets away with it because he is somewhat polite and non-confrontational about it. It's entirely possible he has me on ignore now since he stopped responding to me; I will likewise try not to engage. There are numerous examples of 'good' left wingers posting their opinions around here so I'll try to ignore the one bad apple moving forward, and not drive any sense of general hostility.

To be fair mate, there are plenty of people on the opposing side of that person doing similar.

Elevating the conversation takes many arms to lift, so I appreciate level-headed posters such as yourself even though we mismatch on certain opinions.

And herein lies Gaf's potential over Era currently. We can disagree on fundamental things and, as long as we're respectful, have a meaningful conversation and perhaps even learn a little about each other and gain perspective we can use to understand our opposition and shape our own beliefs a little more.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
To be fair mate, there are plenty of people on the opposing side of that person doing similar.

Agree to disagree. There's a degree of feigned civility in place of the open hostility you'd find on Era, but as I said the goalpost moving, bad faith arguments, and gaslighting become unbearable after a while. Plenty of other left leaning users are able to carry on without doing this. And the ones that can't (on both sides) generally have been banned.

And herein lies Gaf's potential over Era currently. We can disagree on fundamental things and, as long as we're respectful, have a meaningful conversation and perhaps even learn a little about each other and gain perspective we can use to understand our opposition and shape our own beliefs a little more.

Absolutely agree. I'm all for this. With the caveat of the above.

Mate.
;)

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. There's a degree of feigned civility in place of the open hostility you'd find on Era, but as I said the goalpost moving, bad faith arguments, and gaslighting become unbearable after a while. Plenty of other left leaning users are able to carry on without doing this. And the ones that can't (on both sides) generally have been banned.

Well, I'll be calling it out when it inevtiably happens in a conversation vs me, and I hope we all keep an eye out for it. This is a very common occurance in online conversations and it happens everywhere regardless of political leaning, no group is immune to it.

Absolutely agree. I'm all for this. With the caveat of the above.

Mate.
;)

Ha, mate is a British reflex. It's ingrained in my brain at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom