• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainedRage

Banned
Era on Swift (2017 Booo Nazi!) : https://www.resetera.com/threads/ta...o-demanded-she-denounce-white-supremacy.4354/
-Where you can blunder your way into being a Nazi.
-wasnt she in a picture once with some dude wearing a swastika
-Garbage human being.
-What an asshole.

Era on Swift (2018 Yaaasss Queen!) : https://www.resetera.com/threads/gq...-that-spike-were-btwn-the-age-of-18-24.74614/
-Queen
-I wish more popular stars like taylor would do the same
-We forgive you, Queen.
-It's hilarious that she was considered a literal golden child by white supremacists and now this happened.

They get we are all laughing at them right? The site is just a very meta meme at this point right?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
They get we are all laughing at them right? The site is just a very meta meme at this point right?
I honestly don't think so. They seem to believe that they're doing absolutely nothing wrong and anyone that doesn't line up with them is a piece of shit that deserves to be burned alive.

Last edited:
siren.gif
The user got actioned
siren.gif

User banned (1 week): advocating violence (We should have killed him when we had the chance.)

Untiewewetled.png
Damn, a full week. That's something else than 3 days or a perm. Hold on to your butts!

emo.gif

I love the insane meltdowns over the simple idea that non-citizen immigrants can be deported for crimes they were convicted of at any time.

That, and the fact they cannot grasp even basic nuance and context. They confuse legal immigrants with citizens. They think that legal immigrants already are protected from deportation for crimes and literal gang rapist Kavanope wants to take away their "rights".

Immigrating without becoming a citizen is essentially forming a termed contract with the government. That term has conditions, and stipulates that you can be deported if you violate them.

Kagey K

Banned
I honestly don't think so. They seem to believe that they're doing absolutely nothing wrong and anyone that doesn't line up with them is a piece of shit that deserves to be burned alive.

Exactly. This is why they point to here as an “alt-right” board.

Anyone that doesn’t agree in lockstep is a fascist, nazi, trump loving, alt right proud boy, and when they do all agree, they find the one that agrees the least and he becomes the above mentioned.

It’s absolutely sick to watch, but for some reason I can’t look away.

They dismiss everyone that doesn’t agree or laughs at them as everything they hate and less then people. All we are doing by pointing and laughing is fuelling the fire, that and confirming to them that if people are upset or talking about it they must be doing something right.

There’s no room for concession or debate. I’ve never seen anything so extreme in my life.

I try to look away, but my god if it doesn’t seem like whatever they are going to hate next doesnt get more fascinating.

Just when I think that’s as crazy as it gets, they go ahead and find something even nuttier that I don’t understand being mad at.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Don’t be jealous. You want to be on that board.
I have an account with 0 posts that has never logged into that board. It’s my only one I’ve ever registered there and TBH I even regret registering that one.

I really don’t want my name associated with that kind of rhetoric even if it’s never been used.

Kagey K

Banned
I was just ribbing you. No one should want to be a part of the mob. When the forum split, I thought the evil mods and crazy ones were left here. I was wrong.
I get it. I was in panic mode after Gaf went down and followed some of them to other forums while they were waiting for Reset to open. I signed up Day 1 but never participated.

Now I’m glad I didn’t actually use that account, and even if I did it would have probably been banned very quickly.

I’m glad to see Gaf back to ‘08 or ‘09 Gaf instead of that craziness that followed. It’s a much better forum now, even if people are uspset it doesn’t have enough traffic.

cormack12

Gold Member
Can't be bothered quoting or mentioning the guy a couple of pages ago, I only caught it while browsing on mobile, but it's crazy when people come back here and over time they actually transform into independent thinkers again. You can see it in the posts when they first appear, then if they have been banned or stick around, they calm down after the re-entry into a multi opinionated society and become more tolerant.

The thing that is hilarious about reset is that they position themselves as the Hungarian students of 1956 when they actually have more in common with the Soviet Union in this metaphor. They have their little blacklists and keep tabs on members across forum posts, excel spreadsheets and discord, digitally representative of 'Das Leben der Anderen'.

They imagine themselves as the digital emancipators of our time. They uphold democracy the same way Truman's loyalty order did, not realizing they are already truly enshrined and lost to McCarthyism. I've never encountered such schizophrenic and politically immature people in my life. Actually, that's a bit false - they are probably on the other end of the extreme of those who voted for Brexit. Their whole M.O. is about establishing an upheld and approved 'narrative', then leveraging uneducated and socially awkward members who idolise them for acceptance into the clan. The entire site is based on identity and ego. The resident experts who weigh in as an authority when you can tell they have read one or two articles, just enough to pull out some 'real' validation of their view. The people who think they have 'read' the Witcher novels because they opened The Last Wish and read until A grain of Truth. These are the people who now consider themselves as fans of the novels and as such are now in a position to comment fully on the Netflix series in that capacity. That's why contrarianism is such a crime. Because when you actually scrutinise their ideas and know what you're talking about, or ask for validation of their position their stance falls apart and the fragility of said 'experts' can't handle it. That's why deplatforming is becoming more common by the 'internet left'. The internet opens up an opportunity for huge reach for your messaging and unifying people under common banners. However, it also opens it up to be scrutinised more heavily. Deplatforming prevents the conversation taken place because these 'internet experts' are not knowledgeable or versed enough to offer a proper rebuttal. So they fall back to crying and mobilizing hate mobs. They don't engage with any sort of depth of understanding. They offer a very thin layer of ice as a 'stance' and then when it is broken down and defeated they illegitimately reframe the argument and make ti about a societal issue (see *phobia, *ism, *ist), which obviously gets large support (because most people aren't arseholes), and then shouts so loud, the original refutation is lost. See Anita Sarkeesian, Nigel Farage, Jessica Price etc.

They imagine they represent the best tenets of left wing politics, yet have no problem with capital punishment for republicans. They are so focused on getting the gender spectrum acknowledged or legitimized while at the same time polarizing politics into a binary red/blue, left/right, labour/conservative. It's honestly laughable. If you disagree or dare to question the legitimacy or hypocrisy of the approved 'position', you are banned, exiled or ostracized. Again how does this fit with the left wing policies on rehabilitation, tolerance or acceptance? Where is the outreach or education? Take the prevent act in the UK. The purpose of this act is to identify those individuals who are susceptible or vulnerable to becoming radicalized. They key point here is the Channel process, specifically:

The overall aim of the programme is early intervention and diverting people away from the risk they may face.

Because when society turns a blind eye to these people, or doesn't allow their views to be aired so they can be properly debated and discredited you enable segregation and force the creation of 'hate' cauldrons - all fueled by the underpinning ideology. All this irony is lost on reset as they believe they are on the 'right side'. Not only are they an enabler for this, at the same time they increase the potency and extremism of their own 'safe space'. There was a time before the Internet, which they can't grasp. The rise of the National Front wasn't through some carefully orchestrated plan. It was down to uneducated people and poor domestic policy. You could see this long before the state we're in, when films like Zeitgeist where being pushed around on shady DVD's on building sites a decade ago.

Ultimately, when you impinge on your denizens liberties to such an extreme level, then you've already lost the perceived war. Even if it comes from an idealistic point of view. I think Lister from Red Dwarf makes the point better on this:

LISTER: Makes you think, doesn't it? Mankind's history has been one long search for justice. That's what all religions are about: they accept life as being basically unfair but promise everyone will get their just deserts later: heaven, hell, karma, reincarnation, whatever. Those guys who built the penal colony tried to give some order to the universe by creating the Justice Field. But when you're living in an environment where justice does exist, there's no free will. That's why in our universe there can never be true, eternal justice -- good things will happen to bad people, and bad things will happen to good people.

It's the way it's got to be. Life, by it's very nature, has to be cruel, unkind and unfair.

What these people have difficulty understanding is 'justice' is only a notion or approximation, subject to the prejudices, ideologies and political whims of those in power. The reset political scale runs as below:

EEca7jo.png

I said it earlier in the thread as well, the diverse communities with actual real mature people who play games are scattered across lots of other sites, and the actual good folk on resetera. The only way this 'war' can be won or balance restored is the Churchill way. By sheer numbers, tenacity and attrition. Until these fractured communities have a common voice, and until true independent content creators appear this is the status quo for now.

Last edited:

fantomena

Long-time lurker on GAF and Era, reporting in. Been here for 5 years+ and was present through the dramas of the split. I figured this would be the thread to post this...

I've been trying to convince some friends to join one of the two communities with me. Our group is left-leaning, a couple are square in the centre. There are 8 of us in total (long term gaming buddies/clan mates/refugees from abandoned communities). I really just wanted us to find a base to touch down on, and I thought they'd dig being able to get stuck in to some discussions. We're all into shooting the shit about games, we all talk politics, and both forums offer a place for both.

The consensus was Era is an SJW hive-mind.
The concensus was GAF is an anti-SJW hate-train.

They see no long-term value in either place, and despite GAF's more tolerant ideals regarding discussion, they view the place as too openly hostile in terms of the general tone from users. We get many of the critiques aimed at Era, but there is a clear tone throughout this site that very much feels like it's anti-SJW at its core, like it's fired up directly to oppose them and Era as its defining trait rather than the defining trait being a better, more open alternative.

And that put my friends off as much as the issues at the other place. After linking them all to both places and giving them a few days to browse each, the consensus was neither.

This is purely anecdotal, of course, but I just thought it might be worth sharing. I get this thread and the other Era focused on are largely for catharsis, but there's also a Vs mentality and hostility that seems to be putting some people off joining as much as the antics on Era do.

I'm sure this post will be met with a shrug from most of you here, but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll be sticking around even if my mates won't as I'm curious how this place will pan out long-term, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't share some of their concerns.

I hope one of these places lives up to its potential.

It is that you catched a ban, but i would have happily invited you to the discussion table. What i find more worrying is the amount of likes your drive-by gets. Why is that? The people who like it don't participate in this thread. Why is that?
  1. Is it because what they will say will catch them a ban also?
  2. Are they scared to lose their accounts?
  3. They don't have anything meaningful to say and a like carries everything they wanted to say anyway?
This isn't by any means patronizing or whatsoever, i just would want to see more voices in this thread.

I guess my answer is 3.

Its sad really that there is a dedicated thread for this. Y'all are comparable to the detractors of YouTuber DSPgaming. In case you don't know who that is, let me give a quick TLDR:

DSPgaming is a YouTuber that seems to be bad at games and you can say he is a shitty person for some of his actions. Has lots of haters/detractors. And those haters/detractors make the effort to watch his videos (which profit said guy DSPgaming anyway) and carefully pick his fails and make montage videos. Its sad really.

Meanwhile, ResetEra chose to move forward https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-word-about-neogaf.290/

BTW, I have a 160+ post account on Era, and a 300+ post account here. I have nothing more to add here. You can continue to find me on Gaming side and Pop Music related threads on both forums.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I guess my answer is 3.

Its sad really that there is a dedicated thread for this. Y'all are comparable to the detractors of YouTuber DSPgaming. In case you don't know who that is, let me give a quick TLDR:

DSPgaming is a YouTuber that seems to be bad at games and you can say he is a shitty person for some of his actions. Has lots of haters/detractors. And those haters/detractors make the effort to watch his videos (which profit said guy DSPgaming anyway) and carefully pick his fails and make montage videos. Its sad really.

Meanwhile, ResetEra chose to move forward https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-word-about-neogaf.290/

BTW, I have a 160+ post account on Era, and a 300+ post account here. I have nothing more to add here. You can continue to find me on Gaming side and Pop Music related threads on both forums.

I have to agree with this post. Though I will say that Era's "No talking about Gaf at all" policy is frankly ridiculous given the circumstances. However its much better than what this thread has become in my opinion. I mean I get that it can be funny to see some of the ridiculousness that happens over there, but its just kind of sad that you guys spend this much time paying attention to what complete strangers do on a site that you supposedly hate.

I think I have made this comparison before, but frankly it reminds me of the way that a person stalks their ex's social media accounts. You tell your friends and everybody else that you don't care that they left you and you don't care what they do or who they date, but you check their their social media posts every night before you go to bed just so you can talk shit about them to your friends the next day. The same friends who you continually tell that you don't care about them. Then when they ask you "why do you care" you respond with "I don"t care. Its just funny" or "I'm just curious". Which isn't something someone would do if they didn't care.

If you don;t care or you hate the site then why give it clicks? Why spend so much time pay attention to something you don't like or disagree with? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

bigedole

I have to agree with this post. Though I will say that Era's "No talking about Gaf at all" policy is frankly ridiculous given the circumstances. However its much better than what this thread has become in my opinion. I mean I get that it can be funny to see some of the ridiculousness that happens over there, but its just kind of sad that you guys spend this much time paying attention to what complete strangers do on a site that you supposedly hate.

I think I have made this comparison before, but frankly it reminds me of the way that a person stalks their ex's social media accounts. You tell your friends and everybody else that you don't care that they left you and you don't care what they do or who they date, but you check their their social media posts every night before you go to bed just so you can talk shit about them to your friends the next day. The same friends who you continually tell that you don't care about them. Then when they ask you "why do you care" you respond with "I don"t care. Its just funny" or "I'm just curious". Which isn't something someone would do if they didn't care.

If you don;t care or you hate the site then why give it clicks? Why spend so much time pay attention to something you don't like or disagree with? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Because our communities used to be intertwined and it's fascinating to have a real world example of left wing authoritarianism/IdPol madness to comment on and criticize. They serve as an extremely useful foil of what we'd like this place to be, and the discussion helps to remind why things have happened here the way they have.

I think you already knew these things though.

Nobody_Important

Because our communities used to be intertwined and it's fascinating to have a real world example of left wing authoritarianism/IdPol madness to comment on and criticize. They serve as an extremely useful foil of what we'd like this place to be, and the discussion helps to remind why things have happened here the way they have.

I think you already knew these things though.

Except you all don't have discussions about it. Someone just comes in and says "LOL LOOK WHAT THEY DID" and then posts a link. Wash rinse repeat. There is no discussion. There is no debate. Its just people posting screenshots and links and then everyone else says essentially the same stuff every single time. Everyone comes in and comments how funny or how ridiculous it is and that they are crazy people. Then they comment how terrible Era is and how good it is that they are gone now. And then the thread goes quiet until the next link or screenshot is posted. And then the same stuff happens again.

I mean I'm not gonna waste time arguing or debating about it because obviously you all can spend your time however you want and to be honest I find your reactions to their reactions hilarious sometimes, but I don't see whats in it for you guys in the long run. You guys spend time in here talking about how crap Era is and how much better Gaf is now than actually spending time in the rest of the Gaf threads that are available. It just seems like the time would be better spent being more active in threads about games or topics that you like and care about rather than talking about something you hate or disagree with. Its just alot of effort and attention being paid to something that ultimately means nothing. I just don't get it.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to get that off my chest because I have been wanting to say it for awhile now. Carry on.

Last edited:

Corrik

Many different forums have threads and topics that are about the things they do at ResetERA. People find it hilarious and disturbing.

That said, you don't have to participate in this topic if it is not your cup of tea. That is for you to decide.

Nobody_Important

Many different forums have threads and topics that are about the things they do at ResetERA. People find it hilarious and disturbing.

Wait other forums have complaint threads like this? Can I get a link?

JordanN

Banned
Zero self awareness.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...ter-is-a-fascinating-man.74654/#post-13764396

sJpdtxc.jpg

And that post is referencing an African Prime Minister.

When Donald Trump and Kavanaugh want to make America great again, they get death threats.
Hell, that thread is cheering the African Prime Minister for ending a war. But when Trump mediated peace between the two Koreas, Resetera still wants him dead.

Another post that highlights no self awareness.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-a-fascinating-man.74654/page-2#post-13784756
Yeah the amount of people here trying to argue it isn’t racist/offensive is ridiculous. These are the kind of people that just view us all as simply “Africans”, and nothing distinguishes us.

They can say there are differences among Africans, but they gleefully claim every Republican is a Nazi.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Long-time lurker on GAF and Era, reporting in. Been here for 5 years+ and was present through the dramas of the split. I figured this would be the thread to post this...

I've been trying to convince some friends to join one of the two communities with me. Our group is left-leaning, a couple are square in the centre. There are 8 of us in total (long term gaming buddies/clan mates/refugees from abandoned communities). I really just wanted us to find a base to touch down on, and I thought they'd dig being able to get stuck in to some discussions. We're all into shooting the shit about games, we all talk politics, and both forums offer a place for both.

They see no long-term value in either place, and despite GAF's more tolerant ideals regarding discussion, they view the place as too openly hostile in terms of the general tone from users. We get many of the critiques aimed at Era, but there is a clear tone throughout this site that very much feels like it's anti-SJW at its core, like it's fired up directly to oppose them and Era as its defining trait rather than the defining trait being a better, more open alternative.

And that put my friends off as much as the issues at the other place. After linking them all to both places and giving them a few days to browse each, the consensus was neither.

This is purely anecdotal, of course, but I just thought it might be worth sharing. I get this thread and the other Era focused on are largely for catharsis, but there's also a Vs mentality and hostility that seems to be putting some people off joining as much as the antics on Era do.

I'm sure this post will be met with a shrug from most of you here, but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll be sticking around even if my mates won't as I'm curious how this place will pan out long-term, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't share some of their concerns.

You’re not entirely wrong, but my suggestion would be to stick around and “be the change you want to see”. It’s not necessarily easy, but you have the opportunity to do it here. At Ree, you either fall in lockstep with their groupthink or you get unpersoned.

Don’t assume that the shit that people like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important get is because they’re leftists; rather, it’s because they’re dishonest and don’t respect others’ intelligence as they try to pull the wool over their eyes. The fact he isn’t banned (and I don’t think many of us would actually want that) shows it’s not a hivemind here. Guys like @hariseldon and Arkage Arkage show that it’s possible to have a rational debate from a leftist position, but your average brainwashed Ree type can’t because their programming doesn’t allow them to.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

This is just a start. The longest running ones that started as Neogaf threads in forums.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.0

And..

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/neogaf-resetera.9636/

And..

https://voat.co/v/NeoFAG

Even Loli-loving odd-ball Ex-Gaf prominent Era member Crossing Eden has an entire thread dedicated to him on some forums..will not link user specific threads do to Dox info.

Let's not also forget Era has had it's on Mr. Metokur video even.

And since people tend to not 'forum' much anymore the rise of the YouTube 'lolz' video is more prevalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkage

Banned

I need you guys to join so we can act as a counterbalance! Lol. It’s true there are many vehement antiSJW users that continually create/post in political threads. As such, it can become overwhelming when me or another liberal user gets dogpiled with multiple retorts. But if there’s more left leaning types it will be a more even handed back and forth. Though it does require a good amount of thread creation/participation to affect the overall conversation tone. 8 of you all being left leaning would significantly alter the dynamic considering there’s really not that many users who regularly post in politics anyway.

Also a significant difference is Ree doubled down on banning me over stupid shit, whereas here I got my ban removed after appealing. That itself is hugely significant to me.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Zero self awareness.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...ter-is-a-fascinating-man.74654/#post-13764396

sJpdtxc.jpg

And that post is referencing an African Prime Minister.

When Donald Trump and Kavanaugh want to make America great again, they get death threats.
Hell, that thread is cheering the African Prime Minister for ending a war. But when Trump mediated peace between the two Koreas, Resetera still wants him dead.

Another post that highlights no self awareness.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...-a-fascinating-man.74654/page-2#post-13784756

They can say there are differences among Africans, but they gleefully claim every Republican is a Nazi.

This guy thinks trump mediated peace between Koreans lol.

Corrik

Luelinks posts about the hilarity from RE. There has been 2 others linked here by a couple of people. GameFAQs makes mocking threads about them. Reddit has people that talk about them.

It isn't exactly a rare phenomena.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Because this thread reads like battered ex syndrome, a whole thread dedicated to shitting on another forum seems like nothing good will ever come from it , especially when the people you love making fun of don't even participate on this website anymore . Hence my absence from these pages
I think there is more to it than just that, however. There are users here who came back (or got banned) and re-integrated themselves within GAF.

I do agree that discussion as per the title is not that readily apparent (or even existent), but how is drive-bying ''Lol salty snowflakes'' going to help in that regard? I do notice that the reasonings put forward here (even by myself) are starting to get repetitive and it won't be long before a proper call to discussion would be formatted.

Do not be mistaken though - ERA certainly talks about GAF aswell, its just far more scattered rather than contained in here. And we do have a more discussed topic about ERA, here. However, i think its also important to put forward what opponents of GAF have to say regarding ERA, because, although we might be snowflakes, ERA complaints about GAF are more akin to a broken record: (Taken and expanded from here, which, ironically, makes me a broken record aswell:messenger_grinning_sweat:)

• People are just salty that they got banned
  • Evilore is a sexual predator
  • GAF has problematic history (Well, i can't argue with that, as that's true. However, why would you want to be stuck like that? Shit happened years ago)
  • One of the former staff is a convicted pedophile
  • GAF is dead in terms of visitors
  • Moderation shut down everything pertaining to a certain topic (This is rather ironic if you ask me)
  • By being on GAF you are indirectly normalizing Evilore/excusing Evilore/just like Amirox
  • Evilore is a sexual apologist
  • Evilore, Evilore, Evilore
That's literally how the rhetoric goes. As soon as you present a reasonable opinion, you get told that Evilore is a sex abuser, and if you are normalizing that, then hey, you are indirectly contributing to the cause. Its this attitude that in my opinion is far more problematic. We might be snowflakes but hey, this post and the other people replying to you showcase that we all are approachable and accountable for what we say. There is an attempt to listen. Try raising any point with some of the ERAdians, and you get the aforementioned reasoning.

My point being: Exceptions thereafter, You can't get any decent conversation in before you get told that you are defending the enemy here.

If anything, i would classify this thread more as some kind of meta-commentary like newspaper writers do in columns than actual discussion.

I do have to appreciate that you and boybrushdRED boybrushdRED took the liberty to respond, thank you. For T themagicalkitsune though: I remember your postings very well and how you wanted a more thorough explanation to various things, and also that you felt quite indifferent to either ERA or GAF. In that sense, why then would you support the notion that ''we all are just a bunch of salty snowflakes'' (Non-verbatim)?

In my eyes its exactly not what a like system should be for - Given to posts that contain more than what ended up being a drive-by post from a user with little to no interaction (or posts) to this site.

To naysayers, i would say: GAF is so much more than just this thread. We talk games, we talk politics (To a certain level lol), we talk genders, LGBT. If you are going to base your entire opinion of this site on one (popular, admittely) thread, then what does this say about GAF? Are we only a community to look down upon others? Hell, i dont even ERA is like that.

GAF is more than the sum of its parts. And i invite everyone judging this site on the merit of this thread to participate in other topics. I want to hear other voices, i want a community. What do you want?

You'd be surprised, a shocking number of ERA posters stop by here, as you can see by the likes that post received. Heck, is it too much to assume that you may be an ERA poster yourself?
FWIW i do not think all the likers of that post are also ERAdians.

I guess my answer is 3.

Its sad really that there is a dedicated thread for this. Y'all are comparable to the detractors of YouTuber DSPgaming. In case you don't know who that is, let me give a quick TLDR
I was with you till the bolded. I disagree with the usage of an ad populum here: The same can be said for ERA: Not everyone is part of the crime. Personally i denote them as The Names when referring to staff and The Little Helpers when referring to notorious users known to action other users into a ban. The BanBot nicely categorizes this.

Thank you for replying! :)

If you think ERA adhers to that rule then i find that a rather naive stance to make. ERA users talk and refer to GAF aswell, the difference being is that its a lot more scattered.

Also, that link contains the following line: ''We have a great opportunity here to build something new with a blank slate. Let's press reset!''

Don't you think this is a tad ironic given the rise to their negative imagery. We provide commentary to the things the site is doing on its own. The negative imagery is created by ERA itself, not by GAF. ERA wouldn't be in this shimmer light if it werent for The Names, a sub-group within the staff that actively have contributed to the negative stigma that ERA is infamous for.

How do you see that, by comparison?

Do note this: I am criticizing your opinion, but not shutting it down. I am not telling you to be the equivalent to a nazi, or think that you are racist. This is a big difference that GAF has compared to ERA. Yes, pure racism gets acknowledged and dealt with, but dissenting opinion, provided its reasonable (Which yours is in my book) gets criticized, but supported. This is something vastly different from ERA.

But yes, there is something to say for the way in which this thread evolves - And being a big contributor of that evolution, i acknowledge that eventually, we need to steer this thread in a different direction.

Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I am curious to your and Nobody_Important Nobody_Important 's view on that Slayven comment. That is pretty... wild.
I do not even understand it and I do not condone the usage of the word "nigger", especially not when it is used as a derogative. If I were administrator for the forum I would give the moderator a warning that repeating such a slur would lead to an ejection off the team.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
When people ask "Why still talk about ResetEra"

It isnt a PC thing to say but...its fun to laugh at reeeeetards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is more to it than just that, however. There are users here who came back (or got banned) and re-integrated themselves within GAF.

I do agree that discussion as per the title is not that readily apparent (or even existent), but how is drive-bying ''Lol salty snowflakes'' going to help in that regard? I do notice that the reasonings put forward here (even by myself) are starting to get repetitive and it won't be long before a proper call to discussion would be formatted.

Do not be mistaken though - ERA certainly talks about GAF aswell, its just far more scattered rather than contained in here. And we do have a more discussed topic about ERA, here. However, i think its also important to put forward what opponents of GAF have to say regarding ERA, because, although we might be snowflakes, ERA complaints about GAF are more akin to a broken record: (Taken and expanded from here, which, ironically, makes me a broken record aswell:messenger_grinning_sweat:)

• People are just salty that they got banned
  • Evilore is a sexual predator
  • GAF has problematic history (Well, i can't argue with that, as that's true. However, why would you want to be stuck like that? Shit happened years ago)
  • One of the former staff is a convicted pedophile
  • GAF is dead in terms of visitors
  • Moderation shut down everything pertaining to a certain topic (This is rather ironic if you ask me)
  • By being on GAF you are indirectly normalizing Evilore/excusing Evilore/just like Amirox
  • Evilore is a sexual apologist
  • Evilore, Evilore, Evilore
That's literally how the rhetoric goes. As soon as you present a reasonable opinion, you get told that Evilore is a sex abuser, and if you are normalizing that, then hey, you are indirectly contributing to the cause. Its this attitude that in my opinion is far more problematic. We might be snowflakes but hey, this post and the other people replying to you showcase that we all are approachable and accountable for what we say. There is an attempt to listen. Try raising any point with some of the ERAdians, and you get the aforementioned reasoning.

My point being: Exceptions thereafter, You can't get any decent conversation in before you get told that you are defending the enemy here.

If anything, i would classify this thread more as some kind of meta-commentary like newspaper writers do in columns than actual discussion.

I do have to appreciate that you and boybrushdRED boybrushdRED took the liberty to respond, thank you. For T themagicalkitsune though: I remember your postings very well and how you wanted a more thorough explanation to various things, and also that you felt quite indifferent to either ERA or GAF. In that sense, why then would you support the notion that ''we all are just a bunch of salty snowflakes'' (Non-verbatim)?

In my eyes its exactly not what a like system should be for - Given to posts that contain more than what ended up being a drive-by post from a user with little to no interaction (or posts) to this site.

To naysayers, i would say: GAF is so much more than just thread. We talk games, we talk politics (To a certain level lol), we talk genders, LGBT. If you are going to base your entire opinion of this site on one (popular, admittely) thread, then what does this say about GAF? Are we only a community to look down upon others? Hell, i dont even ERA is like that.

GAF is more than the sum of its parts. And i invite everyone judging this site on the merit of this thread to participate in other topics. I want to hear other voices, i want a community. What do you want?

FWIW i do not think all the likers of that post are also ERAdians.

I was with you till the bolded. I disagree with the usage of an ad populum here: The same can be said for ERA: Not everyone is part of the crime. Personally i denote them as The Names when referring to staff and The Little Helpers when referring to notorious users known to action other users into a ban. The BanBot nicely categorizes this.

Thank you for replying! :)

If you think ERA adhers to that rule then i find that a rather naive stance to make. ERA users talk and refer to GAF aswell, the difference being is that its a lot more scattered.

Also, that link contains the following line: ''We have a great opportunity here to build something new with a blank slate. Let's press reset!''

Don't you think this is a tad ironic given the rise to their negative imagery. We provide commentary to the things the site is doing on its own. The negative imagery is created by ERA itself, not by GAF. ERA wouldn't be in this shimmer light if it werent for The Names, a sub-group within the staff that actively have contributed to the negative stigma that ERA is infamous for.

How do you see that, by comparison?

Do note this: I am criticizing your opinion, but not shutting it down. I am not telling you to be the equivalent to a nazi, or think that you are racist. This is a big difference that GAF has compared to ERA. Yes, pure racism gets acknowledged and dealt with, but dissenting opinion, provided its reasonable (Which yours is in my book) gets criticized, but supported. This is something vastly different from ERA.

But yes, there is something to say for the way in which this thread evolves - And being a big contributor of that evolution, i acknowledge that eventually, we need to steer this thread in a different direction.

Thanks for reading this.

I've already said what I wanted to say here months ago, not sure why you want to hear more of the same. I see barely a thing has changed, which only kinda verifies my points in retrospect. To reiterate: a thread dedicated to shitting on another forum 'behind their backs' and deriding specific users and posts is petty, juvenile, antagonistic (for no real reason) and ultimately cowardly as none of you (who supposedly have real beef with era for whatever reason) step over there and confront them directly about whatever thing you disagree with. I know what's coming next, "if we would, we would be automatically banned there because there's no freedom of speech and [insert blanket statement about era here]", but that largely ignores that that site is not a singular voice and there's almost always dissent in the heated topics. If you had any meritable argument to discuss over there you wouldn't be fearing of a ban, but if all you had to say amounted to "lol reetards you're just unhinged on a leftist agenda and racist against white people" then yeah you would know it would end with a swift ban. Judging from this thread alone it's rather obvious which one of the two categories most posters belong to. That drive-by post about salty snowflakes is really just telling what non-gaffers are thinking, because really how does this thread NOT come off as salty. I know you're trying to play it off as some kind of 'light-hearted bantering' about them, but this thread gets a disproportionate amount of posts and attention than pretty much any other thread on GAF, so it's likely not as light-hearted as you want to make it sound.

Also what's with the mass @s to everyone who liked that post? If you want to tout that this forum is a place where every opinion is respectable and everyone's on equal footing, maybe don't ask for receipts for anyone who dares to follow a different opinion than the mass here. Unless of course you want, for example, to @ for receipts to every racist, ignorant or otherwise insensitive post that frequently gets hordes of likes here, but of course I don't see you doing that. You don't want to make this forum look like it's -gasp- biased towards something.

Corrik

Hillary states that she sees no abuse of power by Bill because Monica was 22, an adult. Bullshit. MONICA WAS AN INTERN, regardless if she was an adult! She who calls for people to be uncivil, look at what they follow!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillar...tely-not-have-resigned-over-lewinsky-scandal/

People think Trump is full of shit. Look at Hillary. Listen to Michelle Obama and end the harrassment.

And Hillary, just admit you have another lover.
I have no problem with Bill having an extra-marital relationship with an intern if they both were willing partners. (Hell, Hillary was plenty cool with it, so who am I to judge). But, I am not cool with how he lied about it to congress and how supposedly the people that were in relationships/assaulted by Bill were again supposedly retaliated against from within the government.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
On phone and at night so ill keep it brief, but this warrants a response:

I've already said what I wanted to say here months ago, not sure why you want to hear more of the same. I see barely a thing has changed, which only kinda verifies my points in retrospect. To reiterate: a thread dedicated to shitting on another forum 'behind their backs' and deriding specific users and posts is petty, juvenile, antagonistic (for no real reason) and ultimately cowardly as none of you (who supposedly have real beef with era for whatever reason) step over there and confront them directly about whatever thing you disagree with.
I actually did, last week. In one of their Discord's mind you, and regarding a thread on ERA about Valkirya Chronicles 4.

It didn't go the way you may expect it to be from my end though, but i saved up that Discord conversation eitherway. I will assume there is too little interest from your end to consider it, but atleast from me personally they were confronted, yes.

In regards to your post from months sgo, i replied to it extensively, but considering no answer came i reckonned there was no incentive for you to engage further, making your conclusions readily set.

I know you're trying to play it off as some kind of 'light-hearted bantering' about them, but this thread gets a disproportionate amount of posts and attention than pretty much any other thread on GAF, so it's likely not as light-hearted as you want to make it sound.
I am not playing off anything. I am inviting these voices to motivate their reasonings and in turn im adressing them (and at parts even agreeing) with them. I take it seriously. How is that trying to play it off as light hearted to you?

Also what's with the mass @s to everyone who liked that post? If you want to tout that this forum is a place where every opinion is respectable and everyone's on equal footing, maybe don't ask for receipts for anyone who dares to follow a different opinion than the mass here. Unless of course you want, for example, to @ for receipts to every racist, ignorant or otherwise insensitive post that frequently gets hordes of likes here, but of course I don't see you doing that. You don't want to make this forum look like it's -gasp- biased towards something.
A desire to hear their motivations and hearing other voices for considerations sake is somehow a negative thing to do? :pie_diana:

Papa

Banned
I've already said what I wanted to say here months ago, not sure why you want to hear more of the same. I see barely a thing has changed, which only kinda verifies my points in retrospect. To reiterate: a thread dedicated to shitting on another forum 'behind their backs' and deriding specific users and posts is petty, juvenile, antagonistic (for no real reason) and ultimately cowardly as none of you (who supposedly have real beef with era for whatever reason) step over there and confront them directly about whatever thing you disagree with. I know what's coming next, "if we would, we would be automatically banned there because there's no freedom of speech and [insert blanket statement about era here]", but that largely ignores that that site is not a singular voice and there's almost always dissent in the heated topics. If you had any meritable argument to discuss over there you wouldn't be fearing of a ban, but if all you had to say amounted to "lol reetards you're just unhinged on a leftist agenda and racist against white people" then yeah you would know it would end with a swift ban. Judging from this thread alone it's rather obvious which one of the two categories most posters belong to. That drive-by post about salty snowflakes is really just telling what non-gaffers are thinking, because really how does this thread NOT come off as salty. I know you're trying to play it off as some kind of 'light-hearted bantering' about them, but this thread gets a disproportionate amount of posts and attention than pretty much any other thread on GAF, so it's likely not as light-hearted as you want to make it sound.

How is it behind their backs when it’s a publicly-accessible forum? The ones who weren’t “petty and juvenile” enough to suicide their accounts are more than welcome to shoot back.

JordanN

Banned

It's like going to the Soviet Union and asking "why does nobody criticize Stalin?"

It's better to watch from afar and discuss the smugness and hypocrisy in a country that wont put a bullet through your head for criticizing far-left culture.

You don't even have to engage them to still be erased off the map. Go start a "I think donald trump is the best thing to happen to women & black people" thread and watch how fast your neck will be dragged into the basement of a gulag and shot in the back of the head for trying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom