• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 1st Party developer list! Accept no substitutes!

jarrod

Banned
Bumpdated!

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Hideki Konno, Software Development Group 1
Katsuya Eguchi, Software Development Group 2
Eiji Aonuma, Software Development Group 3
Shinya Takahashi, Software Development Group 4
Tadashi Sugiyama, Software Development Group 5
Hiroyuki Kimura, Software Development Group 6
Yoshio Sakamoto, Software Development Group 7
Takao Shimizu, Software Development Group 8

I believe there are two more as well.
Ah, thanks. Can't believe I forgot about Tokyo too. :/

mosaic said:
Doesn't Sony Online Entertainment have a studio in San Diego? For that matter, isn't SOE part of Sony?
Not part of SCEWWS though.

Shiggy said:
What about
- Alphadream
- NDCube
- Intelligent Systems
- Monegi
- Param
- Skip Ltd.
- Creatures
- PAON

Genius Sonority is partly owned by the Pokemon Company.
Changed GS. NdCube, Monegi & Param no longer exist. Paon & Creatures are 3rd party.

Oblivion said:
Hal and the Pokemon Company should be considered first party, don't you think?
Not fully owned iirc.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Jarrod by the way.

Nintendo's has Q-Fund and Nintendo Venture Fund. Camelot Software, Skip Ltd, and Alpha Dream are listed under it and Producer Shinji Hatano (Nintendo Co.).
ORLY? That's interesting, I always thought Calemot & Alphadream were completety independant, with no sort of contractual or investment obligations?

FiRez said:
Bungie has 2 teams afaik.
the MS list would be bigger if Ed Fries was still in charge :(
Er, I knew they used to (Oni team), but wasn't one shut down after the MS aquisition?

Heian-kyo said:
There are actually 2 teams at Studio Liverpool (F1 team and Wipeout team) and 4 at Studio London (the 2 previous London studios plus Studio Camden and Studio Soho).
I thought the London Studios were all reabsorbed and reworked into essentially 2 teams (Getaway/Fired Up team + Eyetoy/Buzz/Singstar team)? Also, afaik Liverpool is basically just one team, though they split to work on projects sometimes. WipEout's so infrequent that I doubt there's a dedicated team there.

element said:
Redwood? Is that in Japan? I think you mean Redmond.
1 team.
Ack, yeah.

thorns said:
Microsoft:
1st party
Forza Studios (included in Redmond?)
ACES Studio(Microsoft Flight Sims, but maybe you included those in Redmond)

2nd party
Sigil Games
Big Huge Games
Updated, thanks.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
NdCube. Who knows what is going on over there. I don't think Nintendo has been overly impressed.

Nintendo Venture Fund is run by Nintendo's Licensing Department in conjunction with Nintendo Software Production Development. Several of the little Japanese developers that make Nintendo games are under it. I know Camelot and Alpha Dream. I have no idea of how HAL, Game Freak, Creatures are incorporated into Nintendo. I do know that the offices are all in actual Nintendo buildings.

Q-Fund of course funded Gamers Design Studio and Skip. I suspect Skip is now under the Nintendo Venture Fund.

ziran

EAD sounds huge!

I'm not surprised though, the quality and quantity of their releases over the last year/18 months has been amazing, AND they've been working on Revolution software and Twilight Princess!

I didn't realise Camelot, Alphadream and Skip were Q-Fund and Nintendo Venture Fund. It's nice to see Nintendo working closely with such talented developers :)

Does anyone know what's happened to Game Designers Studio? I remember it starting up with Q-Fund and didn't Nintendo own 49% of it?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
EAD is now bigger than ever obviously since all of the software designers inside have all merged under that label. Nintendo has also added about 150 developers the last 28 months.

The main problem which may change now that each group is tied to a producer, meaning Nintendo may feel pressure to release at least one game from each. Is that as Giles Goddard mentioned, EAD spends most of its resources developing ideas and games that are never released. At best.. small portions of the idea get thrown into a Mario or Zelda game.

But again, maybe the DS/Revolution and the individual producers will change that.

Zweisy1

Can't wait to see what EAD Tokyo has in works. Jungle Beat is an excellent game..

What about Genya Takeda's and Satoru Okada's hardware teams? Are they still seperate?

ziran

Shikamaru Ninja said:
EAD is now bigger than ever obviously since all of the software designers inside have all merged under that label. Nintendo has also added about 150 developers the last 28 months.

The main problem which may change now that each group is tied to a producer, meaning Nintendo may feel pressure to release at least one game from each. Is that as Giles Goddard mentioned, EAD spends most of its resources developing ideas and games that are never released. At best.. small portions of the idea get thrown into a Mario or Zelda game.

But again, maybe the DS/Revolution and the individual producers will change that.
interesting info, thanks. i didn't realise ead had added so much new talent!

i remember in an interview with bill trinnen from noa about mkdd, where he said ead has many small teams with only a few people, working on getting the basics of a game right and when they are pretty much perfected then the team grows bigger so the game can be completed ready for launch.

i thought it was an interesting way of working, rather than having a large team work on one or two projects from start to finish.

Andrew2

Banned
mosaic said:
Doesn't Sony Online Entertainment have a studio in San Diego? For that matter, isn't SOE part of Sony?

Also, hmm, while I'm thinking of it... 989 Sports is in San Diego... right?

SOE is part of, but mainly part of Sony Pictures. In fact they're a subisidiary of Sony Pictures Digital.

Other than managing EverQuest for SCEA, SOE has zero, nothing, nadda or anything to do with SCEA or SCEWW. Not only that, but SOE has thier own little clique of developers -- Soga Interactive, FireAnt(now SOE-seattle) and Verant(SOE-Austin).

Top Bottom