• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Shawn is a power gymnast. Being graceful isn't her thing.

It's not a thing of most gymnasts. The fundamentals of the moves are so ingrained into them that they rarely have any natural grace.

Dali

Good job Canada! We and Mexico were about to vote you out of North America. You're cool now though.

vas_a_morir said:
I love her huge thighs.
Yeah, I bet even Tolkien never imagined a hobbit could look so sexy.

Shawn is sitting on a couch and her feet don't even touch the floor. :lol

EDIT: How long is it going to take for some dubious Bela reactions gifs to pop up?

Ceres said:
It's not a thing of most gymnasts. The fundamentals of the moves are so ingrained into them that they rarely have any natural grace.

Thinner gymnasts like Nastia really have to rely on being graceful because they don't have the power to push off like Shawn. They also have the advantage on something like the uneven bars though.

Dali

Botolf said:
Canada is currently ranked 83rd, watch now as we jump up this list.
Is that 83rd using total medals as the primary measurement or just golds?

Sorry Canada. Gotta get while the gettin's good.

Wallach

Anyone watch the Chinese girl win bronze in wrestling just now? The end was one of those "oh snap" kind of moments. Was close until she threw the hammer down and ended it in one fall.

Edit - Wait, I think I'm mixed up in terms of standing in this event. Wasn't that only the semifinals?

Sibylus

Banned
Dali said:
Is that 83rd using total medals as the primary measurement or just golds?

Sorry Canada. Gotta get while the gettin's good.
CBC sez 83rd, don't know how G/S/B medals are individually weighted. Canada isn't totally last probably on account of some close-but-no-podium events, stuff like that.

RotBot

Botolf said:
CBC sez 83rd, don't know how G/S/B medals are individually weighted. Canada isn't totally last probably on account of some close-but-no-podium events, stuff like that.
I think every country with zero medals is tied for 83. When Canada gets 1, it will be tied for 49th.

ccbfan

RotBot said:

Congrats, Canada.

WOW the 3 main East Asian Countries have been pretty good so far.

You better watch out for us, we're expanding our horizons. Math teams and engineering competition aren't the only things we're dominating anymore.

Big-E

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bea26q.gif

Buba Big Guns said:
Rowing is coming up too in 4 hours.

Anyone watching kayaking? Where is Adam van Koeverden projected to place?
isn't he one of the best in the world? I've been looking forward to seeing him since the start of these games. I think he's a heavy favorite.

Ceres

Banned
Wow.... I'm reminded why I never watch local news. Murder, deadly car crash, kidnapping, pedophile......
*switches to UniHD*

criesofthepast said:
isn't he one of the best in the world? I've been looking forward to seeing him since the start of these games. I think he's a heavy favorite.

Yea, I know he won gold in Athens. Im going to assume there's going to be big expectations considering he is also Canada's flag carrier.

perfectchaos007 said:
Canada is leading the US 3-0 according to the olympic website

4-3 now.

Ceres

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I guess they didn't want to make the Canadian women's softball team feel left out after they choked against the US women's team.

Eh. I wouldn't call the softball game a choke. US softball really has dominated this sport for like 25 years now.

Ceres said:
Wow.... I'm reminded why I never watch local news. Murder, deadly car crash, kidnapping, pedophile......
*switches to UniHD*

Mine is reporting about a girl who fell into the Niagra river during a tour.

It happened around a week ago.

They just now announced that she's probably dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom