• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

Majestros said:
Whoever wins. Honestly i still don't give a fuck.

As weak as the Cavs look right now, i think the Lakers can close them out in 6 max. On the other hand, if the Magic give us 15-point leads in the first quarter, they're not coming back to win any of those games.

Actually i think losing to the Cavs in Game 5 was huge for Orlando because it might make them realize that they can't come out so lazy. If they'd won that game, Phil would have had a field day against that mentality.

You sure about that...

Blackface

Banned
Combine numbers

mest.jpg

Numbers that stand out.

1. Blake is exactly the same height with shoes, and weight everyone thought he was.

2. Blair is only 6 foot 5 without shoes, but has a fucking 7 foot 2 wingspan and has lost 23 pounds since his last game in the NCAA.

3. Ty Lawson is only 5 foot 11 without shoes, and only has a 6 foot wingspan. Not good for his draft stock.

4. Earl Clark who many thought was smaller then a lot of PF's that went into the NBA, turns out to be bigger. He is one of those people that has a body that hides their size.

5. DeMar DeRozan needs to put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle, but is the perfect size for a SG coming into the NBA at his age.

6. Tyreke Evans has a monster wingspan and is surprisingly 222 pounds. Must have been working out (or not, and eating) after his last game in the NCAA.

qy9tus.jpg

Is it inevitable gaf? I mean honestly? The Magic series has been so close despite the fact that the Magic have the advantage and all it would take is a couple of calls or a couple of loose balls and the Cavs have serious momentum going into game 7.

I take a look at how things have been going this year. I know LeBron saw Kobes performance tonight. Nearly flawless from every aspect of the game. LeBron doesn't need motivation to continue, but the truth is that he saw what happened and he knows how much is riding on this game. Can he take his game to another level? Maybe that was never the question. Maybe it was just a question of how long he could play at his current level until his teammates decided to show up and I think that time has finally come.

RIP Meier, RIP Gundys legacy, RIP Orlando basketball, RIP Mr. 120...somebody call the fuckin ambulance because we're about to see a chokejob that would make even Stern blush.

That's no disrespect to the Magic and I hope they win but it's coming man. It's coming.

Dizzan said:
Yes that's true. Might go do things like fuck my gf, play some sport, manage my business, have a drink, eat at some nice restaurants. You know, things you do when you're not sitting in front of your computer, posting on Gaf. Oh wait, you don't know.

I hardly know you but this post is full of douche. I really don't give a fuck about what you do in your free life and your need to cock it on the internet. And I don't think you even know some of the stories that Chars has told us before...

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2009/05/25/daily53.html

I kind of wish we spent our money on other things.

Spooks

Maybe I had my predictions backwards? Instead of...

Lakers-7
Cavs-6

It will be the opposite.
plz god plz let this be true.

rc213 said:
Not hate, Just disappointment because he should be able to do what he did today every game. Knock down those wide ass hell open jump shots.
speak for yourself.
K.Jack, i loathe that motherfucker, he took a way part of my youth.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
I hardly know you but this post is full of douche. I really don't give a fuck about what you do in your free life and your need to cock it on the internet. And I don't think you even know some of the stories that Chars has told us before...

You can start saving up to retire 8/24 Jerseys when Kobe is done. Put em right up there next to Jordan and Marino

Blackface

Banned
ph33nix said:

Guess Miami needs money bad enough to turn their Arena into one big, glowing billboard of sell out douche?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Majestros said:
See? That wasn't so hard. One step closer to Nuggets-AGE inviting you to their brewery tours and such.
Awesome. I love free tours.
K.Jack said:
Why does Lakers-Age hate Luke so much?
Because much like a lot of our players he's an inconsistent asshole. He can either help our team tremendously one game, or completely destroy our momentum in another. 90% of the time he's a liability.
Ninja Scooter said:
the attention can now fully turn the the Finals. Lakers-Age: Who would you rather face..
Magic.

Advantages:
HCA
No Jameer
No answer for Kobe
Mediocre home team(compared to the others we've faced)
Season losses were not blow outs (I think the largest deficit we lost by was 6)
Magic are a bad freethrow shooting team
Well rested
Experience
Better coach

Disadvantages:
No answer for Howard
Great perimeter shooters(our kryptonite)
Various offensive weapons
Quick 1 guard(Why can't Fisher just roll his ankle in practice or something?)
More athletic
Better defense

Also, on a personal level, I respect the Magic as a team much more than the Cavs. I would have no problems losing to them in the finals. I would be devastated that we lost of course but I wouldn't be angry. They've got a great team with classy players.

I didn't watch the Magic play that much this year aside from a few games here and there, but I've really started to take a liking to them lately. Like I've said before; if I could choose any team to lose to in the playoffs it would be the Magic. Hands down.

Also, if the Cavs end up making a historic comeback it would terrify me. If they can do that against a team they've historically had problems with, then how the fuck are we going to do much better? We match up badly with them too. I think people forget this.
giga said:
Dear God ESPN/AP are killing me.

[IMGhttp://dl.getdropbox.com/u/96085/Picture%201-1243660997.png[/IMG]

[urlhttp://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290529007[/url]
I like how they say "otherwise" like it's a bad thing. God forbid the better team make it to the finals. We wouldn't want that!

CB3

ryutaro's mama said:
Two things:

1) Vince needs to still mail that Kobe jersey to Ennis.

2) It's a good thing that Laker intel Coby gave his dad worked out.

Coby should be regulated to D-League his whole Career. Just good enough to play there to give him false hope

"As always, thank u to the fans. Now I'm gonna tear into all this Willy Wonka candy I got. Nerds & Sweet Tarts for days! LOL. Thanks WW."

LOL Lamar is hilarious

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Forceatowulf said:
Can we just refer to Odom as "the candy man" from now on?

I dunno, I think it kinda clicks.
One candy man is enough. I don't think you want to do that to yourself right before the finals.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
CB3 said:
Coby should be regulated to D-League his whole Career. Just good enough to play there to give him false hope

Hes playing in Spain, Rubios teammate.

Wow is this Skips real Twitter?

http://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless

Some gems

Knocked it down...knocked it down...knocked it down -- KNOCK IT OFF!!! This isn't bowling, it's basketball.

JR Smith has as much talent as Kobe, but remains unpredictable knucklehead. Right now he's igniting team and the crowd. But look out.

Just saw newest puppet ad, with kid from downstairs. Only funny line is, "LeBron, can you explain the crab dribble?"

Drag Denver to hell.

For the record, last night Prince James missed as many shots as Kobe took the night before -- 13. You heard it here first, and last.

CB3

JR Smith has as much talent as Kobe, but remains unpredictable knucklehead. Right now he's igniting team and the crowd. But look out.

wat

This is like when Barkley runs his mouth about how Rasheed could be the best PF in the league

JaMarco

Dark FaZe said:
RIP Meier, RIP Gundys legacy, RIP Orlando basketball, RIP Mr. 120...somebody call the fuckin ambulance because we're about to see a chokejob that would make even Stern blush.
somehow I doubt that

Kak.efes

Dark FaZe said:
qy9tus.jpg

Is it inevitable gaf? I mean honestly? The Magic series has been so close despite the fact that the Magic have the advantage and all it would take is a couple of calls or a couple of loose balls and the Cavs have serious momentum going into game 7.

I take a look at how things have been going this year. I know LeBron saw Kobes performance tonight. Nearly flawless from every aspect of the game. LeBron doesn't need motivation to continue, but the truth is that he saw what happened and he knows how much is riding on this game. Can he take his game to another level? Maybe that was never the question. Maybe it was just a question of how long he could play at his current level until his teammates decided to show up and I think that time has finally come.

That's no disrespect to the Magic and I hope they win but it's coming man. It's coming.

This entire post, vomit inducing.

exarkun

Lakers-Magic would be one of the oddest match ups I've seen in a while for the NBA finals. Not so much on the Laker's side, but the Magic are such an odd fucking team. I really haven't seen a team rely that much on 3's (everybody on the team shoots them regularly) and still be successful.

*Shrugs shoulders* I mean, if its Magic-Lakers then how do you stop them when Rashard, Turkey-glue, Pietrus, and Howard are playing well (meaning how do you stop the 3's). The thing is, all of them playing well at the same time doesn't always happen but still. It's the finals, I would expect all of them to bring their A-game.

Either way, should be a great series (granted that Orlando just handles business at home and Stern doesn't force things to 7).

I honestly think the best way to stop the Magic is to let Dwight get his numbers and just never double him. The Magic shooters are best when they're wide open (especially Alston, that guy is HORRENDOUS when he's actually guarded)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Trax416 said:
Combine numbers

Numbers that stand out.

1. Blake is exactly the same height with shoes, and weight everyone thought he was.

Height doesn't mean anything if the wingspan and standing reach aren't there. Beasley's wingspan is 2 inches longer and his standing reach is 2 inches higher than Griffin.

Griffin's going to have a tough time trying to out muscle guys in the NBA like he did in college.

I think he'll peak at 15 ppg and 8 rpg.

Ignoring my obvious Lebron-Hate, I also think a Lakers/Magic series would be more entertaining. The Magic are a more balanced team and have a nice inside/outside game. When they're flowing, the ball is moving everywhere and you don't know where the dagger is coming from. Dwight could have a bad game and the Magic could still win if at least Lewis, TurkeyGlue or Rafer goes off. They have several weapons, which makes them interesting to watch.

The Cavs are basically the Lebron Jame's show. No one else on the Cavs can take over games. The role players can contribute but none of them are able (or given the chance) to take over games. Until game 5, no other Cav's player aside from Bron scored 20 points. That's extremely pathetic. If the Cavs go to the Finals we'll just be seeing a bunch of Bron 1vs5 ISO plays and kick-out plays. There will definitely be some highlight material on a few plays but the overall game will be ugly and boring. At least with the Magic, hailstorm of 3 pointers could just randomly combust from the sky at any moment or Dwight could make Pau his prison bitch before he gets in foul trouble. Also, SVG is a half-decent coach who knows how to make adjustments or at least learn from his mistakes. Mike Brown is a joke and will get coached in circles by Phil. The only adjustment Mike Brown knows is to give Lebron 100% of the ball possession.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
I'm sure everyone's thinking the same thing. Orlando is looking like the better team right now but their only sure shot of winning the series is Game 6. Nobody knows what's gonna happen if this thing gets drawn out to a 7th game where it's basically a clean slate.

Don't get me wrong, the Magic can win a Game 7. Especially since they chuck so many threes and it's quite possible that they can get extremely unlucky in Game 6 and then have several players catch on fire in Game 7. But that's still asking a lot for the Cavs to lose at home once they build the momentum of that crazy a comeback.

Really though, Game 6 is Orlando's to lose. If they come out with another one of those 15-point deficit first quarters with Alston chucking contested shots all game, they'll only have themselves to blame. But if they play consistent and stay patient, there's really no reason they shouldn't close out the Cavs at home.

Pretty simple.

Man that was some of the worst defense I've ever seen in the playoffs during the 3rd quarter. George Karl is fool's gold. Why does he keep getting hired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom