• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
OMG Joe Mauer has NO home runs?

ROFL my waifu

Why is this shocking? He's only hit more than 10 HR twice in his career, and more than 13 only once, that was the contract year season he had with 28.

How come nobody has ever accused Joe of anything?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lambtron said:
If I didn't know better I'd think you were a Minneapolis sports fan. TRADE THE BUM.

Minnesota sports fans are smarter than that.

They all know that no team in baseball would trade for Joe Mauer.

The Frankman said:
Sucky Reliever Challenge Part #2 - Ryota Igarashi with a 3-run lead.

challenge_accepted_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Contest-s325x265-158648-535.png

Celsior

King Felix v Hughes tomorrow.
Mariners can not win tomorrow.
ProtoCents said:
A man of that size with no home runs is just weird. Target Field or no Target Field.
He is not Healthy, he will be fine next year

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
ProtoCents said:
A man of that size with no home runs is just weird. Target Field or no Target Field.
When he's on his game he drives the ball to the gaps, and hits a ton of doubles (43 last year). He doesn't hit the ball down the lines much. This year his legs are fucked up so he's having trouble generating any power at all.

HE struck him out! And the ballgame is OVER!!

Tim Byrdak comes back from 2-0 to K Jay Bruce for the 2nd time in two nights, and the Mets hang on to win 8-6! On a night where both Jason Isringhausen and Bobby Parnell were unavailable Mets cobble together 4 inning of relief to win over the Reds!

Crabdance.gif
creepin2.gif

WHAT'S GOOD IN THE HOOD VAS???

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Way to go Mets!!! And thanks for the free KRod, he's working out great!

Wait when did he become free? AFAIK, the Brewers are on the tab for his buyout which is now $4 million for next season. The Mets just picked up the 5 million from the rest of his salary from this season.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Wait when did he become free? AFAIK, the Brewers are on the tab for his buyout which is now $4 million for next season. The Mets just picked up the 5 million from the rest of his salary from this season.

As a result of the restructuring the Brewers have to pay him $500k. lol money in MLB.

Nice pitchout Axford, dickhead

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
As a result of the restructuring the Brewers have to pay him $500k. lol money in MLB.

Nice pitchout Axford, dickhead

Yeah that's what I meant. Mets picked up 6 million off the total tab, 3.5 on the buyout and half his remaining 5 million in salary. The Brewers picked up the other half of the salary and the 500k restructure for like 3 million bucks, which really isn't free.

Mets need to save every dollar they can in order to resign Reyes :(. I'm sure they'll be digging through the couches in the clubhouse for spare change.

carlos

Man, Harold Reynolds just won't shut up about using christian martinez to bunt the runners over in that last inning...

The braves are out off position players, and almost out of pitchers, wtf do you wangt them to do, jackass!

Doytch

I've got Kershaw and Jhoulys going for my roto team tonight. 1-0 on an unearned run plzthx.

e: I keep forgetting that Kershaw turned 23 this year.

e2: Holy damn Wigginton, you tarded.

jakncoke

Banned
This series is heart attack inducing. Braves have had like 293849238 people in scoring position in 2 games and somehow we weathered pretty well.

marrec

Banned
Screw it I am going to bed. I will catch the end of the game in the morning by the time the Braves get their 34th hit.

Somebody hit a damn double already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom