• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

ORANGUTAN

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. FMT - San Francisco
2. ColdBlooded - Philadelphia
3. Zep - New Jersey
4. MrBob - Chicago
5. QVT - Los Angeles
6. Shamrock - Pennsylvania
7. DMczaf - Las Vegas
8. bdoughty - Oklahoma City or Lubbock if available
9. Ramirez - Pittsburgh
10. Vumpler - Carolina
11. bluemax - Seattle (San Diego or Los Angeles as alternates)
12. lix2k3 - Houston
13. Unomas - Green Bay... wtf!
14. Andokuky - Dallas
15. GCQuinton - Charlotte
16. Pheeniks - Miami
17. Shawnhann - dallas forthworth!?
18. Truelize - Canada
19. Matrix - Houston...?
20. Konex - Detroit?
21. Rors - Los Angeles
22. AkaBalla - New England
23. malleymal - Kansas City
24. Jman11 - Florida
25. bishoptl - Vancouver Bear-type Animals
26. livewire - Washington
27. ChrisJames - Michigan
28. Duce22 - Arizona

30. CK - New York
31. sableholic - washington
32. Skiptastic - Indianapolis
Whoa.. just saw the line-up. Am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'm not. If this is seriously GAF's best, I don't even know what to say. I almost feel bad for you guys. I'll try not to run up the score but please understand that this is gonna be an absolute massacre..

Ramirez

How the **** can you look at a list of names of people you've never played and ask if that is the best we can do? I mean really.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
How the **** can you look at a list of names of people you've never played and ask if that is the best we can do? I mean really.

Its easy when he's not even in the league :lol *plays his FMT card*

I got that kind of pull!

Whoa.. just saw the line-up. Am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'm not. If this is seriously GAF's best, I don't even know what to say. I almost feel bad for you guys. I'll try not to run up the score but please understand that this is gonna be an absolute massacre..

well truthfully i have always been better at madden than the 2k series, but i can hold my own. watch what you say though, a lot of people on that list are hardcore players and will probably kick your ass in if you assume it's going to be a cakewalk :D

trash talk is always good though. if there is trash talk that means people care about winning and that is the key ingredient for a successful league: wanting to play and win. when the game becomes a chore and when people don't care enough to respond to trash talk or want to win thats when leagues die.

also keep in mind again that this is 100% sim-ball, so no cheese tactics... which we don't even know what they'll be yet :D

ORANGUTAN

Banned
All I'm saying is, the line-up listed above doesn't look all that, uhh, intimidating.

If that's seriously your best, I don't know what else to tell you -- good luck?

what would be intimidating to you? you haven't played any of us in any sports game ever :lol

plus you won't have the greatest qb in the history of organized football on your squad

yir_7sanfran.gif

and no one can ever... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 take it away!

edit - lol i just noticed stan humpries pounding the ground in the background of that pic. suck it down chargers!

DMczaf

ORANGUTAN said:

Ramirez said:

ORANGUTAN said:
All I'm saying is, the line-up listed above doesn't look all that, uhh, intimidating.

smm_20061201_office_jim.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:

When i saw that post at the top of the page, i thought the same thing. What the hell how would you even know how good or not good any of us are.

One of the classic cases of thinking before posting

^ That last line was sarcasm, BigZ

Rorschach

ORANGUTAN said:

What are you basing any of this on? I don't know how I can break that question down any further...someone help me out here...

unomas

Banned
All the league vets getttin rattled by a new guy talking a little smack? Say it ain't so, but I think he's got you ALL in the cage. <-------------Your're in the cage boys, and ya seem a little rattled :lol Pun intended.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Theres your logical answer, Rorschach

Makes perfect sense. I don't know about you guys, but I'm satisfied.

unomas said:
All the league vets getttin rattled by a new guy talking a little smack? Say it ain't so, but I think he's got you ALL in the cage. <-------------Your're in the cage boys, and ya seem a little rattled :lol Pun intended.
He may be the best there ever was in the history of gaming, but his logic still makes no sense. Instead of saying "because I'm really good. I've been playing 2k games since their inception...blah blah" he judges it off of a list of names. I guess because our screen names aren't Rorschach2k4lyfe, 2knewsguyVCchamp, DMcNFL2kownsMadden or xxxFMT2kplayaxx, we're no good...or something...

Trashtalking is alright. Heck, Big Zep is all trashtalk. ;b At least do it right, though.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Rorschach: The simple concept you don't seem to grasp is that people who truly are your better, don't need to explain why. Superiority doesn't need to be explained, it needs to be proven -- something you'll come to understand this Fall . I could type up a godly 3D football resume dating back to the NFL Gameday period on PSX, but I'm not insecure enough to do so. I don't need to explain why I'm better than you, I just am.

CB3

ORANGUTAN said:
Rorschach: The simple concept you don't seem to grasp is that people who truly are your better, don't need to explain why. Superiority doesn't need to be explained, it needs to be proven -- something you'll come to understand this Fall . I could type up a godly 3D football resume dating back to the NFL Gameday period on PSX, but I'm not insecure enough to do so. I don't need to explain why I'm better than you, I just am.

The Fact that most of us started with Tecmo Bowl back on the NES kinda makes that a moot point. Respect your elders, buddy

orangutan you are just setting yourself up to get everyones A-game. and someone is going to beat the shit out of you and you're going to get pissed off :lol

CB3

ORANGUTAN said:
ColdBlooded33:

Judging by your inability to read, you should be a cakewalk.

Madden and the NFL Football series on the genesis play more like current day football games than shit like NFL Gameday. But hey if you wanna call yourself the kind of *3D* Football games, go right ahead. But in my eyes, and seemingly most others in this thread, until you take out me, or CK, or DM, or any of the Vets, you aint shit, son. Talk all that talk while you can. My guess is you'll end up like countless others before you. You will be replaced by week 3 because you cant handle it

bdoughty

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
The Fact that most of us started with Tecmo Bowl back on the NES kinda makes that a moot point. Respect your elders, buddy

Tecmo Bowl? We elders started off going to the arcades to play Atari football with a trackball...

g26530wkqaz.jpg

s213619856h.jpg

and trying to figure out how to pass that little foam ball on our electric football game while manipulating those red blips on our Mattel handheld.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
It says in the first post that you're having a pre-draft tournament, which could take a couple of weeks. By then it'll be August and there's no guarantee I'll be playing the guy in the first month, thus 'Fall'. Unless I'm reading this wrong and each 'week' is '3 to 5 days'. If that's the case, the schedule needs to be more exact and firm, otherwise it'll get all outta wack. '3 to 5' should be 3 or 4 or 5, no leeway.

YagizY

Are their any more spots in the league? If so I would like to have Tallahassee and my XBL tag is YilmazY.

If anyone backs out can I be considered an alternate?

there will be a tournament but it won't take weeks. it's going to take maybe a full week if we have a 32 man roster. it will also let us know how reliable people are since you'll have to get the games in relatively quickly.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Madden and the NFL Football series on the genesis play more like current day football games than shit like NFL Gameday. But hey if you wanna call yourself the kind of *3D* Football games, go right ahead. But in my eyes, and seemingly most others in this thread, until you take out me, or CK, or DM, or any of the Vets, you aint shit, son. Talk all that talk while you can. My guess is you'll end up like countless others before you. You will be replaced by week 3 because you cant handle it
Please tell me you're not really from Philly, because I and every other Philadelphian wouldn't even acknowledge that weak ass attempt.

CB3

ORANGUTAN said:
Please tell me you're not really from Philly, because I and every other Philadelphian wouldn't even acknowledge that weak ass attempt.

Yeah, yours just blows mine away...

whoa! everybody needs to coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool out!

#1 draft pick for anyone who can tell me where that's from
psyche! but you're cool if you can

lets save the trash talking for when the game is out.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
lets save the trash talking for when the game is out.
Good idea.. I could almost taste their tears through my monitor.

But for real, I'm looking forward to it -- hopefully I got some competitive juices flowin' tonight. I've always noticed that with fantasy/gaming leagues... the more fire, the less inactivity and quitting. It makes everything a lot more fun as long as it doesn't get too personal.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
whoa! everybody needs to coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool out!

#1 draft pick for anyone who can tell me where that's from

I have no idea why this popped into my head but....

Samuel L Jackson in either Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Oh jeez you guys care about winning? I may have to withdraw, then. I was just going to sorta have fun. Don't want to be 0-16 and mucking up the integrity of the ****ing GAFleague now.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ORANGUTAN said:
Good idea.. I could almost taste their tears through my monitor.

But for real, I'm looking forward to it -- hopefully I got some competitive juices flowin' tonight. I've always noticed that with fantasy/gaming leagues... the more fire, the less inactivity and quitting. It makes everything a lot more fun as long as it doesn't get too personal.

Man shut yo dumb ass up...

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
Oh please be in this league, everyone likes a tool to abuse over and over!!
lolololol QFT

I see where he's coming from though. Those names look weak. So I think we should take some time and update them to his standards.

1. FMT will be raping the ape all season- San Fran-ape-****in-cisco
2. ColdBlooded will also be pounding the ape- Philadelphia
3. Zep will join in on running the train on the ape - New-ape-****in-Jersey
4. MrBob will steal sloppy 4ths - Chicago
ok enoughs enough... i'm only at number 4 on the list... I think I see a pattern emerging.

Considering how bad I sucked at NBA 2k when it first came out and how I never got the chance to play NFL 2k5....

You guys can see the fear in my post :(

Top Bottom