• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Ranger X

TJ Spyke said:
I have downloaded 3 TurboGrafx-16 games (Bomberman '93, Bonk's Adventure, Super Star Soldier), and haven't noticed any graphical problems at all. Some of you must just be having problems with your TVs since the games are fine.

Well, it's probably your TV in fact. Personally i can clearly see the difference because my TV can output that old pseudo 480i resolution that was with scanlines (we could call that 240i). I'm also in component cables so the sharpness and the precision of the image is the best you can get.
If you don't see the difference between say a SNES game and the TG-16 it's because your TV image is blurry enough for you to not see it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
leroy hacker said:
Re: the TG-16 filtering issue.
I've stopped buying TG-16 games because of that. I find it hard to believe that people really can't notice it-in TG-16 games you simply can't see individual pixels because they are all blurred together. Maybe if someone has their TV's sharpness very very low all of the VC systems will be so blurry? I've got my Wii on an SD CRT with a composite connection.

I feel like pointing out that it seems nothing short of a paradox to me that you avoid buying TG16 games because of image quality issues (fair enough) but then your Wii's hooked up to the tv set via that crappy(est) composite cable.
Do yourself a favor and go buy a scart RGB/component cable, because it's day and night (even though something tells me you're aware of that but because of some
il
logical reason you're stuck with composhite).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
jarrod said:
It'd make sense... Midway did UMK3 for XBLA and MK2 for PSN already... MKT for WiiWare seems like a natural then.

Should be on its way, dunno if the fact the MK Ultimate (with online play) is coming out on DS in a matter of days is something that'll give a push to a Wiiware port or not.

Jiggy

CoolS said:
Hey guys, I got a question for you.

I'd really like to play a nice RPG, so is BoF 2 worth buying?
Does it have a nice story? And especially, does it have these nice big spells and attacks things which do huge damage? Kind of like Golden Sun?
Respectively: No, not in the least, and kind of.
VC is really hurting for good traditional RPGs at this point, sad to say.

Jiggy37 said:
Respectively: No, not in the least, and kind of.
VC is really hurting for good traditional RPGs at this point, sad to say.

Really.

Why the heck are Sega holding back on Phantasy Star?

And why's Square gotta be so cheap? Release a Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana already.

SonicMegaDrive said:
And why's Square gotta be so cheap? Release a Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana already.

I don't think it'll happen 'til 2012 when the install base reaches its absolute peak and the successor to the Wii has already been out for a year. And even then, at full price. See FFIV-VI for GBA.

Cheesemeister said:
I don't think it'll happen 'til 2012 when the install base reaches its absolute peak and the successor to the Wii has already been out for a year. And even then, at full price. See FFIV-VI for GBA.

I honestly wouldn't mind paying a little more. I realize that Square probably thinks that their games will sell if they can repackage them and charge 30 or 35 dollars.

But some games I doubt we'll ever see remakes. Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger being two of them. I'd pay 15 for each.

Silly, greedy Square. They're even being greedy with the Taito games. What do we have so far? Elevator Action and ActRaiser? The Legend of freakin' Kage?

The Taito back-catalog of games is rich and endless.

Hay, you know.

They could release Lufia and Lufia 2.

You know, if they wanted to be nice ;)

jarrod

Banned
I'd say just mainline FF/DQ stuff is going to be "off limits". Stuff like Secret of Mana we'll probably see sooner than later.

I'd seriously kill to get Lufia 1-2 though...

Jiggy

I didn't realize Square-Enix owns the rights to the Lufia series now--but hey, not releasing those games on VC just gives me yet another reason not to like them in this modern post-SNES/PS1 era. What ever happened to such a golden company? :| At least they've got Dragon Quest IX and a load of good remakes, but still.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Aside from the remakes of classic Final Fantasy titles, the only things I like coming out of Square Enix lately are coming from properties that belonged to Enix. :/

At any rate, while I highly doubt that we'll get Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, I'm still holding out hope for Chrono Trigger. Square Enix has more or less abandoned the Chrono series and seems to have little interest in making a sequel or remake. I'd really like to see it on the VC eventually, even if Square insists on charging a premium.

Speaking of Taito, did the Darius games ever get console ports? I've never tried Darius, but I've always wanted to give it a shot.

sfog

Natsume published Lufia II in the US originally, although I don't know if they still have the rights to it or not. I believe Sagaia on the Genesis is actually Darius II, and there's also Darius Twin and Super Nova (Darius Force in Japan) for the SNES.

Iam Canadian said:
Speaking of Taito, did the Darius games ever get console ports? I've never tried Darius, but I've always wanted to give it a shot.

Several.

There are five games in the Darius series.

Darius, Darius II, Darius Twin, Darius Gaiden, and G-Darius.

The original Darius was ported to the Turbografx 16 as Darius Plus.

Darius II was released on the Master System and Genesis as Sagaia(and later ported to the Saturn).

Darius Twin was a Super Nintendo game.

Darius Gaiden was released for the Sega Saturn.

G-Darius was released on the Playstation, as well as the PS2 compilation Taito Legends 2.

So there's three possibilities for the Virtual Console.

Mamesj

Banned
Cheesemeister said:

oof, that's a sobering example.

and as it has been said, what motivation does S-E have to upload their games, when they can put them on carts and sell them at $30-$40 a pop?

Kjellson said:
I wonder when Super Mario RPG will come in Europe.

Haha! :(

It's gotta come eventually.

It's been rated for release since 2006. I can't see any reason for Nintendo to not release it eventually. It's not like they're gonna re-release it for the DS with upgraded features or anything.

I think...

jarrod said:
Well, hopefully Saturn gets added sooner or later too... I wouldn't mind double dipping for Layer Section 1-2. :D

Now, if Saturn is somehow added eventually...I may have to get a second job just to support my VC buying habits. :(

Nights, Burning Rangers, Virtua Fighter, Radiant Silvergun, Panzer....

No, I shouldn't do that to myself. It'll just make me depressed.

jarrod

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Now, if Saturn is somehow added eventually...I may have to get a second job just to support my VC buying habits. :(
Don't worry... we'll still have 512MB to keep us in line. :lol

:(

loosus

Banned
jarrod said:
Well, hopefully Saturn gets added sooner or later too... I wouldn't mind double dipping for Layer Section 1-2. :D
Uh, you've already been shot down on this. SATURN IS NOT COMING TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE.

At least not in its current form. If a developer wants to make a per-game emulator for Saturn games (and when I mean "per game," I really mean that, certainly more so than for N64 or PSX), then that's fine. But that's barely even emulation.

Anyway, we've talked about this, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It's like your stuck in this fantasy that you just can't let go, no matter how hard reality hits you in the face.

Iam Canadian said:
Aside from the remakes of classic Final Fantasy titles, the only things I like coming out of Square Enix lately are coming from properties that belonged to Enix. :/

At any rate, while I highly doubt that we'll get Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, I'm still holding out hope for Chrono Trigger. Square Enix has more or less abandoned the Chrono series and seems to have little interest in making a sequel or remake. I'd really like to see it on the VC eventually, even if Square insists on charging a premium.

I rarely buy VC games, but I'd probably get Chrono Trigger if it ever got released just to see what the fuss is all about. Then again I'd probably only play it for less than 30 minutes like most of the VC games I buy.

I got two 2000 points cards for free, and so far I bought Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, and Super Metroid. I played SMB the most even though it's a game I still own on many other platforms and probably my most played game ever (I just don't get tired of it), but only played SMB3 and SM for less than 30 minutes before abandoning them. I'll probably get Zanac next time I turn on the Wii and I expect not to play it for any considerable length of time either.

Sadly, the only real way to enjoy the Sega Saturn is to...own a Sega Saturn system and seek out all of it's rare and expensive games(Even certain common games like Nights are going up in the 50 dollar range these days).

That, or own a high-end PC and enjoy dodgy emulation(which, admittedly, has finally gotten a lot better).

The possibility of it coming to the Wii is pretty hopeless. If for no other reason than the capacity issues alone.

jarrod

Banned
loosus said:
Uh, you've already been shot down on this. SATURN IS NOT COMING TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE.

At least not in its current form. If a developer wants to make a per-game emulator for Saturn games (and when I mean "per game," I really mean that, certainly more so than for N64 or PSX), then that's fine. But that's barely even emulation.

Anyway, we've talked about this, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It's like your stuck in this fantasy that you just can't let go, no matter how hard reality hits you in the face.
Well, except that SEGA's got a general SS emu available for licensing on PSP (and was used in two retail releases already)... a platform with notably less performance than Wii. The notion that Saturn is impossibly complex for emulation on last gen class platforms is pure myth, rooted in nothing but the general (lack of?) efforts of the emu fan comminuty.

The only thing really impeding Saturn games from the VC is file size... unfortunately, that's also an issue Nintendo seems intent on not resolving anytime soon. :/

jarrod said:
The only thing really impeding Saturn games from the VC is file size... unfortunately, that's also an issue Nintendo seems intent on not resolving anytime soon. :/

Perhaps Nintendo will attempt to get folks to double-dip by announcing a DVD-enabled Wii with 1 or 2 GB of flash memory in January.

loosus

Banned
jarrod said:
Well, except that SEGA's got a general SS emu available for licensing on PSP (and was used in two retail releases already)... a platform with notably less performance than Wii. The notion that Saturn is impossibly complex for emulation on last gen class platforms is pure myth, rooted in nothing but the general (lack of?) efforts of the emu fan comminuty.

This is so sad. I give up.

Hey, enjoy your Saturn games on PSP and Wii.

jarrod

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Several.

There are five games in the Darius series.

Darius, Darius II, Darius Twin, Darius Gaiden, and G-Darius.

The original Darius was ported to the Turbografx 16 as Darius Plus.

Darius II was released on the Master System and Genesis as Sagaia(and later ported to the Saturn).

Darius Twin was a Super Nintendo game.

Darius Gaiden was released for the Sega Saturn.

G-Darius was released on the Playstation, as well as the PS2 compilation Taito Legends 2.

So there's three possibilities for the Virtual Console.

That's not quite right... Darius Plus was Japan-only, though it would make a fine import title being a shmup. Sagaia only came out on the Genesis in the US. Darius Twin did have a US release, though (and was console-only, not an arcade port, unlike the other four games you listed). Also, Darius Gaiden was also released on the PC in the US as well. Oh yes, and Taito Legends 2 had Darius Gaiden in it as well as G-Darius.

Also, how about Darius Force (Super Nova in the US) for SNES, Super Darius and Super Darius II for the TurboCD (both Japan-only)? They are Darius games too... there's also Darius R on the GBA (also Japan-only). Not sure if that's a new game or a port though.

Jiggy

Demon's Crest is a great semi-Metroidish adventure that will in every way be worth $8 when it shows up. Actually, maybe Mega Man ZX is a more interesting comparison in modern times, since Firebrand gets multiple forms over the course of the game... It's way easier than MMZX, though.

Don't know about Gargoyle's Quest II so much, but just being in the same series means I'll probably end up buying that too.

Edit: Well, I went ahead and updated my VC wishlist.
New additions in the semi-likely sections are Bubble Bobble 2 and Gargoyle's Quest II (with videos for both), and a video link for Mother--all of this is courtesy of Iam Canadian. As for the unlikely sections, and on my own initiative this time, I added video links for both versions of Aladdin, Duck Tales, Hyper Iria, and Little Nemo. Also a listing for the Super Famicom version of Popful Mail, though I couldn't find a video other than the ending (which obviously I'm not linking to).

In the list of stuff I'd consider buying if it showed up, I added listings (no videos yet) for Beetle Adventure Racing, Bomberman 64, and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I actually really wanted to add a video for Bomberman 64 because I think it's an overlooked gem in the N64 library, as well as quite possibly the best multiplayer on a system that's not hurting for multiplayer experiences... but the only non-single-player videos I saw had annoying people speaking over them. :/ Oh well. Maybe I should just link to the awesome Bomberman 64 commercial. I'm sure some people would buy it just based on that. :lol

Incidentally, I'd add more video links for the untranslated games, but since I haven't played them I don't know what parts would be spoilery or late into the game and what wouldn't.

A Black Falcon said:
That's not quite right... Darius Plus was Japan-only, though it would make a fine import title being a shmup. Sagaia only came out on the Genesis in the US. Darius Twin did have a US release, though (and was console-only, not an arcade port, unlike the other four games you listed). Also, Darius Gaiden was also released on the PC in the US as well. Oh yes, and Taito Legends 2 had Darius Gaiden in it as well as G-Darius.

Also, how about Darius Force (Super Nova in the US) for SNES, Super Darius and Super Darius II for the TurboCD (both Japan-only)? They are Darius games too... there's also Darius R on the GBA (also Japan-only). Not sure if that's a new game or a port though.

Yeah I knew there were other console ports. I was just thinking off the top of my head :p

But weren't Super Darius and Super Darius II just enhanced ports of previous Darius games?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Iam Canadian said:
Speaking of Taito, how about Power Blade? It looks to be a good platformer, albeit with a definite Mega Man resemblance.

Demon's Crest and Gargoyle's Quest II also intrigue me.

Power Blade rocks, I never got into its sequel but the first game is reminiscent of Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania (many of the enemies follow near-identical patterns to enemies from the aforemented games). The levels have slight nonlinearity to them, and are large. Graphics and music are also very good, but the game is a bit on the easy side (especially with password restart). Definitely a worthy purchase if it comes to VC.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, guess I'll post my wishlist:

NES:
StarTropics 2: Zoda's Revenge
Metal Storm
Dragon Warrior 1-4
Mega Man 1-6
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Panic Restaurant
Lolo 3
Final Fantasy 3 (import)
Mother (import)
Adventure Island 4 (import)
Lagrange Point (import)

SNES:
Earthbound
Skyblazer
SoulBlazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma (import)
Robotrek
Ogre Battle
Star Ocean (import)
Tales of Phantasia (import)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (import)
Tactics Ogre (import)
Live A Live (import)
Bahamut Lagoon (import)
Rudra no Hihou (import)
Aretha 2 (import)
Elfaria 2 (import)
Gunman's Proof (import)
Marvelous (import)

N64:
Zelda: MM
Ogre Battle 64
Mischief Makers
Wonder Project J2 (import)

Genesis:
Phantasy Star 2-4
Warsong
Shining Force 2
Gaiares
Midnight Resistance
Star Odyssey (import - but a full translation was done)
Langrisser 2 (import)

Turbo Grafx:
Lords of Thunder
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Emerald Dragon (import)
Far East of Eden: Ziria (import)
Far East of Eden: Manjimaru (import)
Cosmic Fantasy 3 and 4 (import)
Spectral Odyssey 2
Tenshi no Uta (import)
Ys IV (import)

Neo Geo:
Shock Troopers
Pulstar
Samurai Shodown 2
King of Fighters '98
Garou: MOTW
Windjammers
Samurai Shodown RPG (import)

Systems I Wanna See:
MSX (you never know, with that "woomb" site making English translations of Japan-only MSX games for purchase)
SEGA-CD (original Lunar games!!!)
Saturn
SMS (surprised this hasn't been announced yet)
Amiga (never played one of these and want to see what the big deal is)
3D0 (what the hell, right? I wanna try some of those Micro Cabin RPGs)

Also, I'm not really into pre-NES games too much (with exception), but I'm pretty surprised nothing pre-NES has been even hinted at, for the service. Although I wouldn't spend more than 2 dollars on most of those games :p

jarrod

Banned
I'll throw up my Adv/ARPG want list, at least for supported platforms...

NES
-Blaster Master (Sunsoft)
-Crystalis (SNK Playmore)
-Faxanadu (Hudson)
-Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (Capcom)
-River City Ransom (Million)
-Star Tropics (Nintendo)
-Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge (Nintendo)

Genesis
-Monster World IV (SEGA)
-The Crusader of Centy (SEGA)

Super NES
-Demon's Crest (Capcom)
-Gunman's Proof (Agetec)
-Illusion of Gaia (Square Enix)
-Mavelous: Another Treasure Island (Nintendo)
-Secret of Mana (Square Enix)
-Seiken Densetsu 3 (Square Enix)
-Soul Blazer (Square Enix)
-Super Adventure Island 2 (Hudson)
-Terranigma (Square Enix)
-The Journey Home: Quest for the Throne (Telelnet?)
-The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang (Hudson)
-Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (Falcom)

MSX/2
-Golvellius (D4)

Nintendo 64
-Mystical Ninja 64 starring Goemon (Konami)
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

TG16/CD
-nothing until Hudson fixes their greasy emulation!

Capndrake

I want (Not including anything not on VC but already upcoming, like StarTropics):

NES:
-Adventures of Lolo 2 and 3
-Castlevania 3
-Faxanadu
-Mother
-Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

SNES:
-Addams Family games (Won't happen, of course)
-Demon's Crest
-Earthbound
-Final Fight 2 and 3
-Goemon 2 (My favourite)
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-LadyStalker (Translated of course)
-Mario & Wario
-Picross NP Vol. 1-8
-Spike McFang
-Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma
-Super Adventure Island and Super Adventure Island II
-Super Famicom Wars
-Entire Super Bomberman series
-Super Punch-Out!!
-Wario's Woods (Don't leave us with just the NES game!)
-Wrecking Crew '98
-Yoshi's Safari
-Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Ghoul Patrol's pretty awful so no thanks)

N64:
-Kirby 64
-The Legend of the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon 1 and 2

Mega Drive:
-Monster World IV

Turbografx:
-Lords of Thunder
-The Legendary Axe 1 and 2

Neo Geo:
-Too unfamiliar with the system to really want anything.

Jiggy

Updated again thanks to looking over all of your wishlists.

New listings in the likely section: Adventures of Lolo 2 w/ video, Adventures of Lolo 3 w/ video, Crystalis w/ video
New listings in the unlikely sections: Cosmic Fantasy 2 w/ no-gameplay video, Emerald Dragon w/ video, Ladystalker w/ video, Mystic Ark w/ video, Skyblazer w/ video (super great game, by the way, but it probably has a zero--nay, less than a zero chance of ever showing up since it was made by Sony), Treasure Hunter G, Wonder Project J2 w/ video
Video links for: Bahamut Lagoon, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Ogre Battle

Thanks, guys, I've found yet more stuff to hope for. I don't know how I managed to forget the Lolo games and Crystalis, since I consider Lolo 1 among my very best VC purchases, and enjoyed the GBC Crystalis even though people say it had the inferior music by far (and just going by a few minutes of that video, they're right). Hopefully my own link list can help someone or other as well.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Side note, but does anyone know if the Japanese "Nintendo Channel" (or whatever it is called) lets folks rate Virtual Console titles as well as retail Wii releases?

gwiz210

I have a rather small wanted list, but alas...

NES:
Bill & Teds Excellent Video Game Adventure
Duck Hunt
Hogans Alley
Final Fantasy

SNES:
Super Mario RPG
F-Zero 2
Starfox
Starfox 2(very do-able, Nintendo)
Kirby Superstar
Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country 3

n64:
Kirby 64
Super Smash Bros.
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Golf
Diddy Kong Racing
Pokemon Snap :)D)

For systems that will hopefully come out:

GB/GBC:
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
LoZ: Oracle of ages & seasons
Mario Golf
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Pokemon Pinball

Sega Saturn:
Daytona USA
SEGA touring car
NiGHTS into Dreams
Sega Rally

Model 2 arcades:
Daytona USA
Daytona USA 2
Sega Super GT
SEGA Arcade Touring

honestly, theres nothing left I want on Genesis/TG16... (Ristar :D)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
If that rumoured concept of downloading GB and GBC games to the DS ever comes to fruition, my wishlist would approximately double in size. I missed out on a lot of great Gameboy titles because my parents thought a Game Gear was less harmful to my eyes.

Jiggy

I probably won't be around tomorrow to see until pretty late, but I'm not sure whether to hope JSnake comes back with a report that the other two games are Bubble Bobble and Shining Force II or whether to hope it's some random shovelware that, unlike those two, deserves to be 88% overshadowed by Pokemon Snap and its new functionality.

Edit: Alternatively, if they do a one-game week as it went with A Link to the Past, I wouldn't necessarily hate that, but there had better be four or five games the week following.

roonow

I'll put my list as well!

NES:
Double Dragon Series (II especially)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
TMNT III
River City Ransom

SNES:
Super Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana and sequel
Earthbound
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Final Fight II/III
Mario Kart SNES
Cybernator

And yes, I love them beat-em-up games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Iam Canadian said:
If that rumoured concept of downloading GB and GBC games to the DS ever comes to fruition, my wishlist would approximately double in size. I missed out on a lot of great Gameboy titles because my parents thought a Game Gear was less harmful to my eyes.

Unfortunately, a lot of the megaton GB titles are essentially unplayable at this point. Metroid 2 is an excellent example. Fantastic game, but you can't play it any more. Besides the awful graphics and ultra-low resolution, most GB games also suffer from just a complete lack of gameplay conventions. It's like trying to play most pre-NES titles and even some NES titles.

Then there's titles like Pokemon Red/Blue which besides having been remade, have also been superceded by sequels. There's sports titles, which like the NES titles are quite fun, but you'll never play them after a novelty playthrough because there have been sports titles of the same type for subsequent systems that are just more playable.

There's versions of NES series like Castlevania and Megaman, but ultimately the NES versions are pretty substantially better and unlike today's world where portables have separate games, for the most part the GB installments of NES series were just poor rehashes of the NES installments.

Still a few gems, though, and I recommend not missing out on them. A lot of the first-party stuff is still quite playable. A few haven't aged at all, like Kirby's Dream Land and Super Mario Land 2.

If you go back through my post history, you'll find a LISTWARZ post of still playable GB titles that I made in the thread about the EDGE rumor on this subject. There's only maybe 15 games there or so (literally all the rest of the library is either unplayable or superceded or never good to begin with), but those are the ones you should keep your eyes out for. A few people responded to my post adding a few titles I forgot or wasn't familiar with.

Jiggy

GB/GBC make for an interesting case; every game I can think of that I would still download today is owned by either Nintendo or Square-Enix:

Nintendo:
Kirby's Dream Land 2, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Pokemon Trading Card Game (still the greatest by far of Pokemon's dozens of spinoffs), Super Mario Bros. DX (definitive version!), Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2

Square-Enix:
Dragon Warrior I&II, Dragon Warrior III, Dragon Warrior Monsters II*, Final Fantasy Adventure (AKA Seiken Densetsu 1, the predecessor to Secret of Mana)

*either version; but depending on price I might just buy both because DQ is awesome and needs to be supported

And possibly Final Fantasy Legend III, which is a SaGa game. I'd have to think for a while about that one--it was kind of okay, I guess, and it did have some nice features like one of the greatest airships to ever appear in an RPG, as well as battles against like twelve enemies. FFL and FFLII, however, can burn.

On that note, I'm off to go search for Stumpokapow's list (and the responses to it,) since his reasoning is pretty much in line with mine, and used exactly the four examples I would have: Metroid 2, the Mega Mans, the Castlevanias, and the Pokemon main series. All virtually if not entirely unplayable to me by this point.

Jiggy

I'll admit Legend II had a far greater world. I just hated the mutants' random spell-learning and spell-forgetting, and FFLIII bypassed that since you never really had to change into anything other than a human.
(Well, technically I could have used all humans in FFLII also, but either the team would suck or I'd end up spending entirely too much time grinding to get enough money to pay for good stuff.)

Top Bottom