• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

JSnake

Agent Unknown said:
"That SMRPG thing." Cute.

All I see is you taking your frustration out on me for something you should've gotten over within a day. Seriously, that was one and a half months ago.

edit: or how about this? I'm sorry. I apologize.

JSnake said:
All I see is you taking your frustration out on me for something you should've gotten over within a day. Seriously, that was one and a half months ago.

At least I don't vent my frustration by lying for kicks. haha And I don't care how long ago it was, everything you say now is to be taken with a ton of suspicion.

JSnake

Do I need to get a timeline out? I had lost my PRs, yes I was upset. Fast forward probably two months later, and I play this joke. How could I possibly still be upset about losing my PR? It had been two months. Jesus christ, who remains upset about that kind of stuff for two months? Even if it wasn't two months, it was still a long time and plenty enough to get over losing the PRs.

edit: because antagonizing teenagers over the internet is so much better amirite

Agent Unknown said:
At least I don't vent my frustration by lying for kicks. haha And I don't care how long ago it was, everything you say now is to be taken with a ton of suspicion.

For a junior member, you're doing a lot of dick-swinging.

How about we cut this discussion off and get back to lambasting NoA?

HUELEN10

Agent Unknown said:
Agreed. I told you about this JSnake, I told you. Just don't do it again, for everyone's sake and sanity.

Anyway, let us get back on topic.

JSnake said:
edit: or how about this? I'm sorry. I apologize.

Oh, alright, fair enough....

rowsdowerhug.jpg

JSnake

HUELEN10 said:
Agreed. I told you about this JSnake, I told you. Just don't do it again, for everyone's sake and sanity.

Anyway, let us get back on topic.

I already said I wouldn't a while ago. :(

Anyway, yeah that sounds good. More NOA hate plz.

[Nintex] said:
Lets burn NoE and NoA to the ground, I'll bring the torches.

what??? megaman was supposed to be released in europe too?!?!

i used to be in love with the idea of the vc ... but right now i feel nothing... i dont even look at new releases..

but hey this was expected they built up a catalogue, now they slow down because they have to support wii for a couple of more years... maybe we will get surprises for xmas

Somnid

Starchasing said:
WOW at NoA !!!

as i said i dont follow releases but that is so retarded

It's just a special case. Japan has only had Mega Man for 2 weeks. Europe never got MMAC or something so that might have been to make up for it.

So yeah, I am asking around to figure out what's going on, and the general response seems to be "We thought the game was coming out, but it didn't."

JSnake

Kobun Heat said:
So yeah, I am asking around to figure out what's going on, and the general response seems to be "We thought the game was coming out, but it didn't."

Is that Nintendo's response or Capcom, etc? sounds like the latter

Kobun Heat said:

I'll get you a pony if you get to the bottom of this.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kobun Heat said:

This sure makes 3rd parties loooooooooooove Nintendo

so wtf happened to SamSho2 today? I've been saving my 1400 points for 6 months...and this is how Nintendo convinces me to blow it? Sonic on Master system?

:lol :lol

Kobun Heat said:
To be fair, Nintendo 64 is different than other Virtual Console platforms because it's not like dropping the ROM into an emulator. They do have to go back and rework each game individually. At this point I'd expect N64 to be just a handful of titles each year.

Why is this? N64 emulators for the PC don't require any of that stuff, and they support controller paks, the expansion pak, and rumble paks too... what's different about Nintendo's emulator? I know it is... but why do it that way, instead of emulating? Is that easier?

Kobun Heat said:

Nincompetence further confirmed. edit: Assuming of course you meant response from third parties.

MrDaravon

Chamellion said:
Wait until tomorrow and I will be praised as the next Kagari.

crowphoenix said:
(neutral) Kagari
Banned
(07-31-2008, 09:51 PM)
Reply | Quote

(neutral) Chamellion
Banned
(Yesterday, 12:54 PM)
Reply | Quote

Wow, he was right, just not in the way he was expecting.

Anyway this is pretty fucking sad on Nintendo's part. Given how much money a lot of us spend for download games on other services, you would have thought they'd have this down by now. And then the only game I really want, SMRPG (I don't have my cart copy anymore) was rated then fell off. NOA just really doesn't get it.

Aeana

A Black Falcon said:
Why is this? N64 emulators for the PC don't require any of that stuff, and they support controller paks, the expansion pak, and rumble paks too... what's different about Nintendo's emulator? I know it is... but why do it that way, instead of emulating? Is that easier?

It's important to note that N64 games aren't actually "emulated" in current PC emulators. It's more like they're interpreted on a high level, which is why most games have problems (and also why they can run at higher framerates than they originally did). Nintendo is actually trying to recreate the games as they originally were, which is far more work, and far more taxing.

ggnoobIGN said:
What's a better buy, Splatterhouse 1 or 2?

General consensus seems to be that the second one is better - gameplay-wise and gore-wise. I believe some stuff got censored from the TurboGrafx release of the original. The first one is $2 cheaper though.

Aeana said:
It's important to note that N64 games aren't actually "emulated" in current PC emulators. It's more like they're interpreted on a high level, which is why most games have problems (and also why they can run at higher framerates than they originally did). Nintendo is actually trying to recreate the games as they originally were, which is far more work, and far more taxing.

Not to mention that - unless things have changed in the past couple of years - most N64 emulators required a brute of a PC to run them smoothly.

Chris R

NOA DOES get it. They get that the main audience of the Wii would rather spend 8 bucks buying Major League Eating the game than 8 bucks on a classic SNES game :(

Aeana said:

That's true, N64 emulators on the PC generally aren't precisely emulating the hardware. It's really emulation's major debate, should you try to get games running however you can do it, or try to precisely emulate the hardware? N64 emulation started off with the former and has never really fully gotten off it... though I think there was one N64 emulator that was trying for more accuracy instead of just hacking things to get games working? I forget which one it was, though...

But still, I don't see how what you're saying connects to Nintendo having to significantly edit the old roms either. Obviously the ideal goal -- an emulator that precisely emulates the system that you can just use any rom on and it will look like it originally did (though you will also have options to change things too -- overclock to increase framerates, filtering, higher resolutions, etc) -- is very difficult... So what do they do, use the original code to recreate the game in a form that will look like the original on whatever system they are using in the WiiVC? I'm not clear on how exactly it works...

Oh, and it is true that some N64 games on the PC are reworked too -- in specific, the games which have high-res texture packs. Those aren't just high res textures, they're all new textures that replace the old ones. So PC N64 emulation does have some direct rom editing too, of a form.

But really, I have trouble coming to any conclusion other than just that Nintendo doesn't care enough to put the full effort into it. Why else would we not have controller, rumble, or expansion pak support, after all? There's really no excuse.

Cosmonaut X said:
Not to mention that - unless things have changed in the past couple of years - most N64 emulators required a brute of a PC to run them smoothly.

Some games run well, others badly... with modern PCs, the problem is mostly lack of optimization of the emulators, not limited power in those computers.

JSnake

KeeSomething said:
It's time the fans do something...

Perhaps a wave of emails expressing how we Nintendo fans feel about the way Nintendo is shitting on us.

Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans.

sites like starmen.net being exhibit A

HUELEN10

KeeSomething said:
It's time the fans do something...

Perhaps a wave of emails expressing how we Nintendo fans feel about the way Nintendo is shitting on us.
It has to be bigger than that.

Should we call NOA corporate? I have their number, but I don't dare call! I don't know what I would/could say!

JSnake

HUELEN10 said:

Should we call NOA corporate? I have their number, but I don't dare call! I don't know what I would/could say!

Do you mean their customer support number? :lol

JSnake said:
Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans.

sites like starmen.net being exhibit A

Nintendo's opinion has always been that they know what their fans want better than the fans do. And if they don't know what their fans want... well, close enough. The fans won't get any influence either way.

Azure J

HUELEN10 said:

I don't blame you, I wouldn't want Reggie threatening to kill my family and eat any future children I might have. :lol

But all fun and jokes aside, there needs to be something done and count me in for whatever proposition you all can come up with.

HUELEN10 said:

The best bet for getting anything done - questions answered, changes made etc. - would be for the gaming press to call Nintendo on it outside of barely-listened-to podcasts or personal blogs.

Given the general quality of the online & print gaming press, though, I doubt we'll see anything like that.

Whoa, whoa. Stop now. Do not organize a petition, do not write to them. I guarantee you that the people involved in picking Virtual Console releases for the U.S. already read this thread on a daily basis. It's not as if they're sitting in their ivory towers completely oblivious.

Nintendo has decided that Virtual Console will be a couple of games a week, if that, to put the emphasis on WiiWare. It has also decided to build a giant wall of secrecy around its schedule. It sucks, but do not waste your time trying to bark up this tree.

HUELEN10

Cosmonaut X said:
The best bet for getting anything done - questions answered, changes made etc. - would be for the gaming press to call Nintendo on it outside of barely-listened-to podcasts or personal blogs.

Given the general quality of the online & print gaming press, though, I doubt we'll see anything like that.
That is the thing. I have the number, I am sure quite a few of you do as well, but I am not a formal member of the press? Could I call? Should I call? Should I give the number for someone else to call, if so who? A college newspaper perhaps? Seriously, I'll try anything...

HUELEN10

Kobun Heat said:
Whoa, whoa. Stop now. Do not organize a petition, do not write to them. I guarantee you that the people involved in picking Virtual Console releases for the U.S. already read this thread on a daily basis. It's not as if they're sitting in their ivory towers completely oblivious.

Nintendo has decided that Virtual Console will be a couple of games a week, if that, to put the emphasis on WiiWare. It has also decided to build a giant wall of secrecy around its schedule. It sucks, but do not waste your time trying to bark up this tree.
Okay Kobun, I won't. I trust your words.

Gabyskra

Banned
Anything organized that goes beyond NoA problems, I'll be in and I'll make the word known around the french community (at least through a big website). It'd make sense to create a fan organization which defends positions, requests and communicates with Nintendo. Consumer unions exist for about everything, why not video-games/Nintendo. A big website, a few contributions, lots of visitors, boom. Not yet another fan site, a consumers union, really.

It makes no sense to treat the matter any differently than other markets/products. Sorry to disagree with you, Kobun :)

Kobun Heat said:
Exactly, and they are reading this thread deriving untold amounts of pleasure from our misery.

Top Bottom