• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

kaskade

Just noticed my card has a pending charge. Looks like my copy should be shipping soon. I'd imagine today if it's to get here on Monday.

I do that too. It's different with this game, you'll be able to play at your local midnight.

The timer in the menu shows diferent times in different accounts

Hmm..that doesn't sound right. Is this confirmed anywhere?

Otherwise I could buy this on my US account and save $40 and play at my midnight instead of 5pm on Monday afternoon.

Alienous

If they make a Call of Duty movie, this is the plot they should use.

I've only watched the first few missions, but it screams 'cinematic' (for better, or for worst). The characters are well constructed, it, unlike the other CoD's, give context to your "supersoldier-ness", and it touches on some interesting themes (such as the morality of war as a business). It's interesting.

The Beard

I'm so hesitant to buy this game, need something to keep me busy until Unity releases.
Somebody, anybody sell me this game...

1080p/60fps of dumb fun. Seriously,watch a stream on Twitch if you can find one. You either like these games or you don't. Personally, I think it looks great.

If you like playing campaigns, you can't beat Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker in the same game.

Natels

Hmm..that doesn't sound right. Is this confirmed anywhere?

Otherwise I could buy this on my US account and save $40 and play at my midnight instead of 5pm on Monday afternoon.

Like I said, my Aus account shows it will unlock at local midnight, and the US account shows it unlocks some hours later.

Right now Aus account timer shows 1d 20:42:00 and US account shows 2d 11:42:00

9PM Pacific this Sunday?! Nice.

Yep.

I can confirm this. My timer moved ahead when I created and signed in using an Australian account.

Calmine

My Tesco order is "Ready to Dispatch" now, rather than "Waiting to Dispatch".

...interesting. I was expecting to get it Tuesday, perhaps it will arrive on Monday.

Me and Lucifon were talking about this earlier. They said Tesco might not be sending out till Midnight or Saturday. Hope that's not the case. If you ordered the Day Zero edition which is the one on Tesco it should arrive on Monday otherwise there will be a lot of pissed people.

I can confirm this. My timer moved ahead when I created and signed in using an Australian account.

I don't doubt the timer is moving but I wouldn't be so sure that the game is going to unlock that early for you guys.

Awesome if it does but no other game off PSN has done it so it seems extremely odd. It means you're getting the game like 17hrs early.

Natels

I don't doubt the timer is moving but I wouldn't be so sure that the game is going to unlock that early for you guys.

Awesome if it does but no other game off PSN has done it so it seems extremely odd. It means you're getting the game like 17hrs early.

I've been doing this for some time and it didn't happen in any other game

Oh, I'm not expecting it to actually launch when the Australian timer reaches zero, but it's a nice thought.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
http://kotaku.com/if-you-got-the-new-ps4-update-dont-use-rest-mode-1653281159

If you're preloading or anything else I read in this article that rest mode isn't working right since the 2.0 patch, so just a heads up. I put mine in rest mode last night and it worked just fine. I had it on Rest Mode for about an hour too. The rest of the pre-load was done with the console completely turned on.

This is helpful information.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/a...ic-update/download-on-your-playstation-system

Nokterian

This might be worth me taking up with Sony live chat. If I can get this off the US store and still get it unlocked at my midnight I will be a happy camper :)

You mean buying from US and play on EU if it works at midnight on sunday/monday? I want to know it also then i will buy it if not then EU store it is.

Navy Bean

I've already preloaded the game but the lack of early streams/impressions is a bit worrisome. I remember Ghosts had a ton but it seems like they are actively trying to keep this game under wraps. Am I missing something?

jeffc919

It's really easy, here goes.

1 - Create an email or have a spare one you can use.

2 - Go to your PS and on the log in screen click "New User"

3 - Click "Create a User", accept user agreement and click "Next" on the PSN screen

4 - Click "New to PSN? Create an Account"

5 - Now just put Australia on the country and follow the remaining steps. (Postal code is 4 numbers, you can choose randomly)

6 - Activate the PSN account through the email

7 - Log in to your new account and the timer will be some hours shorter

Awesome info. Thanks!

zychi

Banned
I've already preloaded the game but the lack of early streams/impressions is a bit worrisome. I remember Ghosts had a ton but it seems like they are actively trying to keep this game under wraps. Am I missing something?

just go on twitch. people have been playing it for a few days

I don't have a good feeling about this game... I hope I'm wrong because cod multiplayer is a lot of fun

NHale

This might be worth me taking up with Sony live chat. If I can get this off the US store and still get it unlocked at my midnight I will be a happy camper :)

Or if it's a mistake going to Sony live chat will make them aware of this and they will fix it before launch...

Natels

It does? Can someone confirm it with the timestamp on the pre load?

US

QyTB3z3.jpg

EU

0Q0b4xw.jpg

AUS

MoBkgy6.jpg

Vidpixel

Hypothetically speaking, if I was to simply walk into a GamStop today and ask to pre-order the Day Zero Edition, what are the odds of them having any left?

Island

US

QyTB3z3.jpg

EU

0Q0b4xw.jpg

AUS

MoBkgy6.jpg

I have three questions about doing this.
1. When I switch back to my US account would it keep my progress from my AU account or would it reset? (are the Psn accounts tied in any way?)
2. Could you potentially get banned for this?
3. Would you be trying to connect to AU players and potentially have lag?

Hip Hop

Natels

I have three questions about doing this.
1. When I switch back to my US account would it keep my progress from my AU account or would it reset? (are the Psn accounts tied in any way?)
2. Could you potentially get banned for this?
3. Would you be trying to connect to AU players and potentially have lag?

1 - Nope. Every account is separated.
2 - I've never had any trouble buying games on the US account
3 - This connects to people based on ping, there are always people who already have the game near you

Evil Beaver

Is their a throwing knife/axe in this one? I'm also a bit bummed that the riot shield has limited use. Throwing knife + shield was one of my favorite setups to mess around with. :(

Top Bottom