• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

daveo42

Banned
Oh hey, guess who still owns the trademark to Crash Bandicoot? I'll give you a hint, it's not Sony Computer Entertainment America.

http://www.trademarkia.com/crash-bandicoot-75179576.html

I think some people need to let go of the idea that Sony is buying by the Crash IP and releasing a new game. It's not out of the realm of possibility and it would be insanely awesome news, but it's not in the cards for Sony right now. Maybe at some point in the future, but I'm not expecting any sort of announcement from Sony about Crash any time soon.

TehWhite

Neo Member
If the crash ip comes back I will have reason to buy the ps4 legit. can't wait :D... they wouldnt put an easter egg like that in the video :O......

Threi

notag
dudes

follow me here

new crash

new parappa

oh lawd someone hold me

just give me a new legend of dragoon, jet moto, and the PS1 startup sound and i'm good for the gen

GolazoDan

I didn't play Crash when it came out, so my reaction to this is a bit "meh".
My question is: Even if Sony does buy back the IP, and suppose Naughty Dog were to develop a new Crash game, would it really succeed?

Based on the reaction in here, it seems like a really big deal, but is Crash really that well known for it to sell a few million copies? I am in my early 30s, which is the perfect age for this news to hit a nostalgic spot, and it didn't... so even if they bring it back, it may not do well at all. Would enough people actually care outside of hard core gamers?
I'm 23 and those games were my childhood. I got Crash 1 in a bundle of hand-me-down games (also including Doom and Micro Machines, hell of a collection) and it hooked me. Those games and the Spyro games were my favourites.

daman824

No offense to Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper, but neither of those are anywhere close to the popularity of Crash Bandicoot. Crash was THE franchise for the PS1. Despite the fact the series hasn't been seen in a long time, Crash is one of those videogame characters that's instantly recognisable to the masses. Like Sonic or Lara Croft. A good Crash reboot exclusively for PlayStation would get a hell of a lot more hype, buzz and interest than something like Twisted Metal or Sly.
No. Crash does not have the same recognition of laura croft and doesn't even come close to sonic. I want Sony to get the rights back. But it's going to be really interesting seeing what dev team gets the game, their budget, how they decide to advertise it, and how many copies it sells when it comes out.

I think some people need to let go of the idea that Sony is buying by the Crash IP and releasing a new game. It's not out of the realm of possibility and it would be insanely awesome news, but it's not in the cards for Sony right now. Maybe at some point in the future, but I'm not expecting any sort of announcement from Sony about Crash any time soon.

And what evidence do you have other than two (possibly) outdated trademark listings? Just let people dream man, damn.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Crash was a GREAT GREAT platformer. It's held up real well. Now for those of you who are holding it to Sonic's problematic entry to next gen... don't. Crash isn't Sonic, nor is it Mario.. it's Crash. And a lot of us see potential in a next gen Platformer. It's unfortunate this couldn't come out during Launch.
or i wouldn't be selling my PS4 on ebay

The Crash site wasn't taken down today. It was already down. I don't know since when but I did try going there last week and got nothing.

I really hope Sony got Crash back. A new old school Crash game would be amazing!

Alienous

praise-the-lord2.gif

The Crash site wasn't taken down today. It was already down. I don't know since when but I did try going there last week and got nothing.

I really hope Sony got Crash back. A new old school Crash game would be amazing!

Wait, so it isn't some temporary error?

Awesome.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Even if nothing comes from this I remain hopeful that threads like these will let Sony know just how much interest there would be in a Crash return, and maybe Sony will take note of that and do something about it in the future.

noobasuar

Banned
Won't get hyped till I know who the developer is and see a full level.

This could either end up amazing of being the most dissipointing thing ever.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Or maybe being years removed from a game release Activision just took the thing offline?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No. Crash does not have the same recognition of laura croft and doesn't even come close to sonic. I want Sony to get the rights back. But it's going to be really interesting seeing what dev team gets the game, their budget, how they decide to advertise it, and how many copies it sells when it comes out.

Really? I've spoken to plenty of non gamers who know who Crash Bandicoot is. Crash is a bigger character than you're giving it credit for.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sony hungry to nail down that family friendly market with a recognise able IP from the glory days.

Still not entirely sure it will have been worth whatever theyve paid (if this is all real) though.

SSReborn

What would a crash on PS4 even look like? I mean technology has progressed so much since the ps1 games and the possibilities are so much greater.

Top Bottom