• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

aparisi2274

I am hoping NCS updates some more today with pricing... I still have mine coming in the first shipment, but I will cancel that bitch ASAP if the prices goes through the roof... which I am sure it will.

aparisi2274 said:
I am hoping NCS updates some more today with pricing... I still have mine coming in the first shipment, but I will cancel that bitch ASAP if the prices goes through the roof... which I am sure it will.

They probably will, but NCSX wont force charge you. They will ask you if u want it.. if not they will just keep your order on standby till the price deflates back to its original most likely.

Damnit I'm so mad right now =[

PezRadar said:
They probably will, but NCSX wont force charge you. They will ask you if u want it.. if not they will just keep your order on standby till the price deflates back to its original most likely.

Damnit I'm so mad right now =[

Don't worry I will be angry too when I see that the line runs all the way to the station in umeda.

=(

ziran

There's some DS Lite info on Nintendo's Site:

owabi.jpg

Nintendo Inside is reporting the news, so I've tried to babelfish, but if anyone can give a more accurate translation, thanks in advance:
Nintendo Co., is sold ' Chinese character that way the easy pulling dictionary ' and ' the finger pointing conversational register DS ' announced the sale temporary putting off to the number and March of March of the ニンテンドー DS * ニンテンドー DSLite analytic load schedules.

Concerning the number of March of the ニンテンドー DS * ニンテンドー DSLite analytic load schedules, the " ニンテンドー DS " (old type) it becomes sale from 20 ten thousand unit or more, March 2nd, the " ニンテンドー DSLIte " is done the shipment 45 ten thousand or more is anticipated. But, assuming " in the demand which exceeds expectation much, unless it can answer to the demand of the customer, you recognize even in present shipment schedule and " the て are in order to increase shipment as much as possible, we have assumed ardency it tackles.

In addition simultaneously, the supply which the DS * DSLite itself corresponds to the demand not being carried out, " the Touch! The Generations " software on the basis of the fact that the simultaneous purchase of DS hard is mainly anticipated, " the Touch of March sale! Generations " software ' Chinese character that way the easy pulling dictionary ' and ' the finger pointing conversational Hari DS ' the sale temporary putting off was announced. Sale day is modified like below.

* ' Chinese character that way DS easy pulling dictionary ' March 30th -> April 13th
* ' Finger pointing conversational register DS ' tie * Chinese & Korean March 30th of traveling -> April 20th
* ' Pointing conversational register DS ' American ・ German April 13th of traveling -> April 27th

In even one day desired ones spread in, quick, desired human everyone becoming a state where it does with desire forcing ones.

sasimirobot

I cant believe heads are not rolling at Nintendo Jp. First the lack of shipments for the past few months and now this??

They are losing a shitload of cash by not meeting the demand for DS's in Japan. Somebody should be fired ASAP.

It's an odd one alright, I wonder what kind of affect this will have on the US and Euro launches. Rumours had it launching the same time as Mario, but demand obviously won't be met in Japan for weeks, so I can see a later release for sure.

Anyway, best of luck to all who are braving the cold and the queues right now, in the hope of snagging one of these little beauties.

Shiggy

sasimirobot said:
I cant believe heads are not rolling at Nintendo Jp. First the lack of shipments for the past few months and now this??

They are losing a shitload of cash by not meeting the demand for DS's in Japan. Somebody should be fired ASAP.

Well, these lacks of shipments had already happened the last quarter of 2005 all over Europe, so it's not a new situation for them ;)

Kroole

I wonder what Nintendo have been producing in their factories. I assumed that the lack of DS units was because the factories was ramping up DS lite units but that doesn't seem to be the case. If I was a shareholder I wouldn't be too happy about this.

sammy

is there any word on the DS lite having a vibration function? I heard that the GBA cap was going to be rumblepack compatable

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Unfortunately I think that it would have been confirmed by now if it had been the case. The rumbling feature is a nice addition to the DS and as many games support it already (Metroïd Prime & pinball, princess peach, Maro & Luigi, Tetris?), Nintendo should release a DS Lite rumble pack. The GBA cap would have ideal, this is a missed opportunity.

Sony money hats to Chinese factories for shipment delays?

You do realise that the delay's in all these games puts them out to the easter period!!!! :lol :lol :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Kroole said:
I wonder what Nintendo have been producing in their factories. I assumed that the lack of DS units was because the factories was ramping up DS lite units but that doesn't seem to be the case. If I was a shareholder I wouldn't be too happy about this.

I believe they were manfacturing them...but getting it wrong.

Clearly problems with the two blues, less problems with the white, but still enough to mess demand up. Maybe someone messed up the paint supplies and it took em a week or so to get it right. Maybe the machines in charge of the colour broke down. Could be something as silly as that.

Either way - we wait =_=

ziran

cvxfreak said:
Does that say 450K for the DS lite and a shipment of 200K old DS models?
if that's for the whole month there's going to be more shortages.

i wonder when nintendo will be able to ship enough units? nintendo needs to sort this problem out, i mean do whatever it takes to satisfy demand.

ziran

Flo_Evans said:
I guess I will just wait... is there any word on the US launch?
it's thought to be may, with new smb, but if enough aren't made to satisfy japan it could be later.

According to gamefront Nintendo will ship atleast 450k DS Lites and atleast 200k DS in March, which is a lot less than they originally wanted (1 m DS Lites).

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've bit the bullet, going to see if I get one at $299.

Nearly decided to wait, but got Castlevania and Ouendan sat here already and it's doing my head in! Oh well, I guess this is the universe balancing itself for the good price I got my launch PSP at.

Wow ... just ... wow at those lineups.

If I had to guess why there's a shortage ... I'd say Nintendo's LCD supplier is probably choking under the massive demand. If either the regular screen or the touchscreen hit shortages, well you can't make a DS period.

Frankfurter said:
According to gamefront Nintendo will ship atleast 450k DS Lites and atleast 200k DS in March, which is a lot less than they originally wanted (1 m DS Lites).

HAHA there were two week periods at the end of "easter" that exceeded that amount. this is going to be be ridiculous.

oh and and also :lol at my preorder. i ordered about 4 hours after announcement and i still will be happy if i even get one in march.

Pimpwerx

There's a thin line between hardcore gamer and complete dumbass. It's a redesign that plays the same exact games. If you already have a DS, and you're gonna pay twice the cost for a redesign that retails close to the price of the original...then...I don't know. It just sound incredibly stupid. A few months from now, demand will be met, and you'll have paid far too much for far too little in return. This goes for any redesign. If you have the original, and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, maybe help out some disadvantaged kid or something while you wait. Don't feed the eBayers and import shops on this one. :( PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
There's a thin line between hardcore gamer and complete dumbass. It's a redesign that plays the same exact games. If you already have a DS, and you're gonna pay twice the cost for a redesign that retails close to the price of the original...then...I don't know. It just sound incredibly stupid. A few months from now, demand will be met, and you'll have paid far too much for far too little in return. This goes for any redesign. If you have the original, and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, maybe help out some disadvantaged kid or something while you wait. Don't feed the eBayers and import shops on this one. :( PEACE.

That's true, but it is just so sexy. I think having brighter screens will also make the graphics look a lot nicer. If I have the money for it, I definitely wanna pick this up with Mario Bros on day one. Stupid is as stupid does.

....some people consider gaming stupid altogether. I want to kill these people.

This is going to be the biggest selling game platform in Japanese history ... PS2, PS1, GBA, Super Famicom, Famicom even ... it'll surpass them all.

Do you think the people who pre-ordered the 2 other colors which are slated to ship March 11 have a better chance at getting one then those who pre-ordered the CW? I ask because I pre-ordered Enamel Navy from Lik-Sang 3 days ago and I'm curious what the chances of me getting one when finally released are?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
John Harker said:
Stop and take a minute and think about what you just said.

Better than when "Cliffy B" said he wanted to teabag the PSP.

"The PSP is sooooo sexy, I just wanna drop my balls on it"

What kind of moron says that? I would call no game system, or any inanimate object "sexy". PSP is stylish, NDS Lite & Revolution are sleek...but sexy? I think we all need to step away from this "sexy" word.

This could sound really dumb, but you don't need a different style of screen protector, do you? I've never used one for a handheld, but my PSP is covered in nasty gunk and it'll probably be a good idea to put one on my DSL. Probably get a hori one locally.

ant1532

Banned
love those pics of Japan, cant wait to visit!

also this is what it says under my order at Lik-sang

Lik Sang said:
Order Details
Order No. 544987 (Lik Sang Hong Kong)
Order Date February 23, 2006 10:20:50
Order Amount $194.00 (already paid: $194.00)
Payment Method PayPal
Shipping Method UPS
Printable Invoice Click to Open
Order Status Order received - waiting for item(s) to arrive

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Has anyone compared the brightness of the DS Lite at its highest setting to the PSP? Which one is brighter:

A)When the PSP is not plugged in?

B)When the PSP IS plugged in?

Also how do GBA games look on it?

ant1532 said:
love those pics of Japan, cant wait to visit!

also this is what it says under my order at Lik-sang

whats worrisome about that is that Lik-Sang is in HK and HK has already released. (im in the same boat) hopefully they are using a Japanese distributor and enough machines for me.

ant1532

Banned
meltpotato said:
whats worrisome about that is that Lik-Sang is in HK and HK has already released. (im in the same boat) hopefully they are using a Japanese distributor and enough machines for me.

what do you mean by HK has already released?

ant1532 said:
what do you mean by HK has already released?

exactly what i said.

Some bad news from NCSX:

First, the good news. The Japanese version of the NDS Lite was released in Hong Kong yesterday in moderate quantities.(2/27) We watched with bemusement as speculators and other second tier vendors sent solicitations overnight. Ten pieces here, five pieces there, and so on and so forth. The prices being quoted were laughable but we'll get to that.

granted, that is the HK market... i dont know if you have any expirence with it, but things arent always on the straight and narrow.

ant1532

Banned
meltpotato said:
exactly what i said.

granted, that is the HK market... i dont know if you have any expirence with it, but things arent always on the straight and narrow.

ohhh, you were saying lite already released in HK... ok.. o boy, not lookin to good. w/e i can wait a bit.

Top Bottom