• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

MrNibbles

Banned
It, and the Lite, are a gift for the girlfriend.

Though I'll be playing it too.

I imagine it'll be like Feel the Magic with more funny expressions and less interesting art direction, and with less of a non-game feel but also less variation in gameplay.

maynerd

Banned
I hate UPS. Did I mention that? :)

Location Date Local Time Activity
04/10/2006 12:09 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
04/06/2006 8:48 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/06/2006 8:34 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY
04/05/2006 11:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
04/05/2006 7:27 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Portland to WA is normally a 1 day turn. There is NO activity today, usually there would be some sort of out on a truck activity if it was going to deliver today. But of course there isn't. I called UPS and the guy said they don't know where the package is and that the shipper should contact them to file a claim. WTF. UPS IS COMPLETE RUBBISH!

6 days and counting to ship from CA to WA. I could have walked down to CA and picked up my DS and walked back to WA in less time. Now I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr!

Damn you UPS damn you to HELL!

saz

Banned
I wonder when mine gets here. It still says "dispatched from HK". Its been more than 24 hours. How long is a flight from HK to the east coast? :(

gimz

http://gonintendo.com/?p=2001
First ad for DS lite in France
April 12th, 2006

The DS lite has had it’s first official advertisement in France. The ad carried a tagline of (loosely translated) “You will soon be able to open it”. There was no official date in the advertisement, but it is good to see Nintendo finally start to push the DS lite in other territories. Your guess is as good as mine as to when we will see any DS lite ads, or hear any talk from Nintendo on the subject. We will keep our eyes peeled and hope for some info before E3. You can check out the advertisement in question below.
7editeurs20060411_194727_0_big.jpg

sorry if old

maynerd

Banned
Well UPS are a bunch of retards. I got my DSL today.

Yeah baby!

One dead red pixel on the top screen though. :(

Wow this thing is cool!

saz

Banned
gimz said:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=2001
First ad for DS lite in France
April 12th, 2006

The DS lite has had it’s first official advertisement in France. The ad carried a tagline of (loosely translated) “You will soon be able to open it”. There was no official date in the advertisement, but it is good to see Nintendo finally start to push the DS lite in other territories. Your guess is as good as mine as to when we will see any DS lite ads, or hear any talk from Nintendo on the subject. We will keep our eyes peeled and hope for some info before E3. You can check out the advertisement in question below.
7editeurs20060411_194727_0_big.jpg

sorry if old

Looks good.

Ugh,. just give a date already Nintendo!

Damn, still no signs of the white model anywhere, that's the colour I want... to go with my white PSP...

lawnjam

Help!
I've been in Japan for a couple of weeks and still haven't seen anywhere with Lites in stock.
Does anyone have any suggestions where to look?
I tried the big electronics/camera places when I was in Tokyo (Bic, Yodobashi) and some random shops in Akihabara - most didn't even have old-style DSes...

I'm in Kyoto for the next few days, I might be able to make it to Osaka too if it would increase my chances.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
My Ice Blue is almost here! I ordered Sat. morning from Play Asia

April 12, 2006 8:24:00 US HOUSTON OUT FOR DELIVERY

I'll post pics as soon as it gets here.

RaidenZR

yeoz said:
The white that I ordered from play-asia on Feb 10 has finally shipped. :)

Mine too. THANK FRIGGIN GOD.

I couldn't wait another day... There's no way that I'll get mine before the weekend though... :(

saz

Banned
Just got my crystal white from GCC! :D

Ordered on 10th, got it today! :O Used speedpost shipping.

And the best part?

They sent me a gree carrying case! :D:D

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
on the one hand i need a ds lite before new smb, and a us release by that point seems increasingly unlikely. on the other hand i don't wanna get stuck with dead pixels. i could live with current import prices, though obviously they're a bit high. i think i'll wait it out for another couple weeks...there's nothing on ds i'd play now anyway. maybe the odd round of bleach.

Keio

For a Finer World
yeoz said:
The white that I ordered from play-asia on Feb 10 has finally shipped. :)
QFT! Mine too! Now I'll just have to wait post-Easter to get it, as there's a four day weekend here in Finland now... Got the case today too, so I'm ready!

cvxfreak

I finally secured mine! :D :D :D

I simply had Jonny get one for ~$200 on Amazon JP's marketplace. Inflated, sure, but time is money and money is time.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
There's no word to convey the quality of the Lite screens. They are amazingly sharp, with no ghost at all. And the unit is small, sleek, ergonomic, with dpad and buttons feeling just right. No doubt this will be one of the hottest products you'll see this year.
Seeing is believing.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Xrenity said:
wow.

Not only is the DS beautiful, the picture itself is also nicely taken :)
What brightness level is this?

Full brightness, but consider that the lighting conditions are very bright. It looks fantastic even in bright daylight.

so i usualy import stuff through a friend....but this time i had to get it myself, so can anyone tell me where i can get the UPS tracking number from GCC?

edit: i guess they will email me it ... i did the visa verify thing, and im assuming i just paid for it ... have just got 2 emails so far though, one for registering, and the other for verifying ....

soooo...has the weekend ended and 1-3 ( most likely 3 :p ) days past and do i have my pearly white yet??!?!

slay65

That is a great photo. Can I use it as my desktop?:)

I have a navy blue lite now I want to get a white lite too.

BTW, http://www.ncsxshop.com/ seems to have all colors of DS Lites in stock for immediate shipping. They are priced at $209 plus shipping in the US is pretty reasonable.

gimz said:
according to ebgames.com
there will be a Nintendo DS lite + Mario bundle pack (US) and there will be 3 colors for the ds lite.. White, blue and Red...
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802265

or am i misunderstanding their description?

According to a Nintendo rep, the person just received promo stuff for both Mario Bros. and the DS Lite. So I assume the May 15th launch date for both items along with the bundle above is plausible.

3 colours, red, white and blue. They should launch that bundle on July 4th instead :lol.

arab

IT'S NOT A MARIO BUNDLE FOR GODS SAKES!! It's just a pouch and three red, blue, and white styluses all in one with mario's picture on the bundle. Notice it's 9.99, just like the "Peach" bundle and "Metroid" bundle!!

Category: Accessories

Keio

For a Finer World
jj984jj said:
That picture is awesome.
QFT! Nice work, Chittagong.

Also nice, nice Nordic Design interior!

My Lite is now in Cologne - probably I'll have it Tuesday/Wednesday, as everything closes down in Finland for the Easter (including Monday). After all this waiting, I'm actually fine just knowing it'll be here soon.

Chittagong

Gold Member
shidoshi said:
That, seriously, could be an advertistement photo.

What kind of camera do you have?

Thanks! Using a barebones Canon EOS 300D digital SLR with kit lens (Called Canon Digital Rebel in US I think). This was even done with AF, automatic exposure and ISO adjustment and no retouching in Photoshop. Only resizing in iPhoto.

Sho Nuff

Banned
While we're all posting pictures of our new hardware like a bunch of DORKS WHO ARE NEVER GETTING LAID, why don't I contribute THIS
because i'm not getting laid either lolz!

hotshit8xx.jpg

EAST MEETS WEST!

POWERS OF JAPAN (PLAY-YAN MICRO) TEAM UP WITH POWERS OF AMERICA (GBA SP MkII)!

COMBINE WITH POWER OF MY CUSTOM MP4 ENCODING SCRIPTS!

END RESULT: SPLOOGEWORTHY BACKLIGHTING WITH NO GHOSTING AND THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE PLAYER FOR 4:3 CONTENT! (PSP still wins for widescreen tho)

I am aware that the screen is almost identical with the Lite's, but the degree to which the Play-Yan sticks out on that unit makes it look totally fucking ridiculous.

Senretsu

Chittagong said:
A picture of my DS Lites

Already been said but as an amateur photographer in my spare time, I have to say this picture is amazing! Not only that but you are a very good decorator. I'd kill for a Canon DSLR except I don't even have the funds to import a DS Lite ATM :). This picture is better than the ones on engadget and other sites, I wonder if there's a way you could freelance tech photos....

The Guy in the CNET review wasn't lying. I have the navy blue and it is the biggest finger oil magnet I have ever seen (and that is saying alot when compared to any ipod). That being said.....just wipe it down.

Top Bottom