• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

cvxfreak

Chittagong said:
Thanks! Using a barebones Canon EOS 300D digital SLR with kit lens (Called Canon Digital Rebel in US I think). This was even done with AF, automatic exposure and ISO adjustment and no retouching in Photoshop. Only resizing in iPhoto.

I look forward to more pics of your setup. The Apple products, the DS Lite... so damn awesome.

123rl

Mine arrived on Thursday. It's an amazing machine...it absolutely wipes the floor with the original DS. This is what should have been launched last year.

Crap screens - GONE
Horrible, uncomfortable design - GONE
Crap buttons - GONE

And what is left is an excellent, stylish little handheld. With two fantastic screens*, great looks, and much better buttons

*better than the PSP screen....damn right! Oh yes, I went there :D (I have both btw and the DS screens are even better than the excellent PSP screens)

mj1108

Mine!

mjblog2.jpg

I LOVE it. <3 <3 <3

mydslite.jpg

MINE! Too bad she has a stuck pixel. I'm hoping Play-Asia will replace it, but it's not to terrible (only shows up stuck when it should be a dark color) and I guess I can deal.

I think my favorite part may be the stylus. I was using a metal Palm stylus before, but the new DS stylus is just the right size.

Edit: My stuck pixel is blue too.

yea my white ds lite has a blue stuck pixel in it top middle of the screen :(

But its okay.. its not so bad.

I did run a stuck pixel fixer over night in my play-yan.. no worky =[

123rl

One stuck blue pixel for me as well :( It only shows up on black screens and I rarely notice it. It's a bit of a shame but I can accept it having one or two fault.

.hacked

DSlite people has anyone see a carrying case yet that will fit the DSL, a few games and the charger?

I picked up a neat one for the PSP today (looks like a CD/DVD binder), I think it would be great for trips.

pspcase8jw.jpg

I would love to get something like this for the DSlite.

rod

Banned
how much do gamechoiceclub charge for shipping? and are they reliable? say, if i ordered today via fedex how long would it take to get to me? other US based sites would have it to me on weeks end..

ant1532 said:
HariKari posted a very nice pic of his/her ice blue

edit*pic is too big for post, heres link
http://files.agadak.net/dsLite/ouendanBook.jpg

great link thanks!

I'm just waiting for the US ship date....only if its way off then what we all previously thought it would be, will I consider importing one from Gamechoiceclub

as of right now, its just too much. I live in alaska, with shipping, wouldn't it come to like$240-250???

ant1532

Banned
Blackcherry said:
Why are you taking pictures of your DSL with food all the time???:lol
:D i already posted that, but I was at my friends house and we got all this food and he was like blah blah blah ect et ect, special, donuts, blah blah blah, pizza, ect, blah blah, fridge, blah blah, im hungry, blah blah, yum yum, and then i posted em. :)

ant1532 said:
:D i already posted that, but I was at my friends house and we got all this food and he was like blah blah blah ect et ect, special, donuts, blah blah blah, pizza, ect, blah blah, fridge, blah blah, im hungry, blah blah, yum yum, and then i posted em. :)

That explanation makes perfectly good sense. Food and DSL ..ok.....

Still I prefer seeing the DSL tied up and spread open as the little slut it is.

NDS-Lite-FCC3.jpg

rod

Banned
cvxfreak why have you been waiting so long for your LITE to be shipped? also, i ordered mine today from GCC....they say shipped in 24 hours....people who have ordered from them, are they good/fast?

Xrenity

What day is this update at Lik-Sang from?
Please note that if you have still not finalized your purchase by accepting the current market price of US$ 199.90, your order cannot be processed as such. Given the current circumstances, the retail price is not likely to drop significantly for a while. Therefore, anyone holding an unconfirmed reservation should contact Lik Sang either to accept the higher price and send the final balance payment or to cancel the order altogether.
What are they asking me to do? Is it me or do they want me to make a choice instead of wait?

And honestly, how long can it take for supply to take over demand? Can't be too long, right?

cvxfreak

Chittagong said:
* high five *

You've been waiting for a pretty long time haven't you!

Yeah, but the wait's coming to a close! :D

rod said:
cvxfreak why have you been waiting so long for your LITE to be shipped? also, i ordered mine today from GCC....they say shipped in 24 hours....people who have ordered from them, are they good/fast?

I had sent my money via PayPal to Jonny way before. Would have been a hassle to refund and then go somewhere else. Patience is virtue, I got a pretty good price I think. :)

mikeGFG

Banned
I just tried out the Lite this evening. I gotta say, the Ice Blue grew on me, the pictures don't do that model justice. However the color saturation on the Lite is so overwhelming; such stark contrast to the GBM on the color tip, thats for damn sure.

I'm not a big fan of DS games so I can hold off on the Lite, but it is indeed a sexy device.

Sho Nuff

Banned
You guys should live in Japan, here you can walk into any store and
get laughed at for wanting to
buy a DS Lite. There are ads for it all over the Yamanote line today. They are pushing it so hard
and with no units on the shelves, to boot!

RaidenZR

I just wanted to chime in here and say I got my white DS Lite (finally) on Saturday and it lived up to every ounce of rampant drooling that has accumulated in this thread. My eyes have been bleeding from marathon sessons of Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Pinball, Super Princess Peach, and Metroid Prime Hunters. Looking forward to Brain Age on Tuesday as well.

I am most pleased overall and happy to report zero dead pixels. P-A also tossed in a free Japanese Namco GBA game that I'll probably never open. Wonderful.

Oh, and keep the pics coming for those of you with awesome cameras. I love them and have been using them as wallpaper.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's the best way to clean the lite?

I do NOT want to scratch it. I haven't moved it in a day.

RaidenZR

I have been using those monitor cloths for LCD's and various displays. Supposed to "not scratch screens". Been using them for over a year now with portables and my Apple Cinema Display. They work fine.

Top Bottom