• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Euro 2008 Thread - No England, but still plenty of English

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone idle

Kom op oranjen. Alle anderen kunnen lekker op mijn lul zitten! Vooral Duitsers!

(does my dutch still work after all these years?)

Slamo

Falch said:
I'll be hating on Portugal every chance I get.

Just for you

large_flag_of_portugal.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Nice work on the OP. With no England I just want to watch some great games and lots of drama involving Ronaldo :lol

Falch

Frenck said:
Support Austria

They have a severe lack of supporters.

That's because most of them jump of a bridge once they've seen Austria play.

bone idle said:
Kom op oranjen. Alle anderen kunnen lekker op mijn lul zitten! Vooral Duitsers!

(does my dutch still work after all these years?)

It's grammatically correct, though it's Oranje with the -n. But really, I wouldn't say that out loud anywhere. :lol It's better to say something like: Lik mijn reet, moffen. ;)

Slamo said:
Just for you

large_flag_of_portugal.gif

Isn't it just ugly?

This on the other hand:

dutch_flag_minbuza.jpg

A thing of beauty.

Karakand

Outdoor Miner said:
I will be supporting Poland since this is their first Euro and they are massive underdogs.
On our own continent we are eternal enemies but afar we are brothers. :lol

AstroLad said:
half french half polish so yeeeeah things are looking pretty good for me.
Damn you are a Pollack too? ^5

Falch said:
Either Italy or Croatia will win the tournament.
My fantasy team needs this. Italy mainly but I've got a Croat in my back 4 (Corluka).

cloudwalking said:
i hope there's not a lot of partying going on late at night on the weekend. i live around all the bars and stuff, and i need my sleep! :'(
You are so screwed. :lol

Frenck said:
Can I brag in here about my Fantasy League performance?
What good is a fantasy team if you can't brag about it.

Plus I didn't prohibit it in the OP.

Falch said:
Isn't it just ugly?
One of my nerdier passtimes is vexillology and as a world renown impartial observer I must say Portugal's flag is ugly as sin.

It is however distinctive. The Netherlands' flag not so much with the orange gone from it.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
I have to cast my vote on Sweden and Swedens best player Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

(myself being of swedish nationality but born in south america).

KOM IGEN NU ZLATTE!! :)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
oh hai guys idunno much about socker but i'm going to go for france because that one guy headbutted the other guy.

they should wear pads and have timeouts though also no fouls and be able to touch the ball with their hands.

Lakitu

st5fu
All the Arsenal fans will want France, Man Utd fans will want Portugal and Liverpool fans will want Spain. FIGHT!!!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
What is this kara? Go to the MGS4 thread to see how to start a thread properly!

Just joking. You did a good job, probably whilst you were drunk too.

QVT

Lakitu said:
All the Arsenal fans will want France, Man Utd fans will want Portugal and Liverpool fans will want Spain. FIGHT!!!

chelsea "fans" hahahahaha will want RUSSIAN CCCPOWER

except giggsy, he's france like me because he rules.

psycho_snake

Lakitu said:
I'm supporting france and portugal. Portugal for ronaldo, france for evra and benzema.

psycho_snake

Lakitu said:
No no, you're getting Ashton, but unfortunately England aren't in it :(
Its not because he could be joining us, its because he's algerian.

Zidane, benzema, nasri...we algerians produce france's greatest.

jey_16

Banned
i think i will support the Netherlands....they have the right balance of a good team but they also always fail at the second last hurdle :lol

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I'm swedish so I root for sweden. Even though I hate our worthless commie bastard of a coach. But I fear we won't make it out of the group stage.

Aside from that I always root for Holland, but my pick ftw is Spain. Have a feeling they'll get over their championship jitters this time.
yeah right

Thriller

I found this site for all the english people who cannot support their team.
Its about supporting the dutch team! I mean what is the difference? we have a lion on our shirt and we have a queen as well, and it surely beats clapping for germany and france ;)

www.justgodutch.com

QVT

As for my actual prediction, Spain have the best goalkeeper(by a mile and a half) the best midfielder, and the best striker. The rest of their players are little less than world class(puyol, villa, sergio ramos, iniesta, xavi, albiol, guiza) so on paper they're pretty clearly the strongest team.

However spain is useless. And France has the ribbs, henry, benzema, and uhhh... not their two best defenders. they have boumsong. they'll fail.

italy haven't changed too much from their last squad(totti the most important omission) which managed to win a world cup, but they're a bunch of lame pussies so they wont win. haven't got the heart or the bollocks.

the dutch appear to have more strikers than they know what to do with. they'll probably all be fucked out of their mind on pot though so they will fail.

germany have a very good side, and they're german. this could be considered homecourt advantage and germany uses that like a mofo.

therefore I predict:

dutch out the group
spain and france lose in build up
germany italy final with germany winning

Karakand

Frenck said:
I heard RVP was injured during the photoshoot.

thriller said:
I found this site for all the english people who cannot support their team.
Its about supporting the dutch team! I mean what is the difference? we have a lion on our shirt and we have a queen as well, and it surely beats clapping for germany and france ;)

www.justgodutch.com
omg Ruud!!! <3

avaya said:
I expect the Dutch to kick seven shades of shit out of the Italian nancy-boys.
With that *tenacious* defending of theirs.

QVT said:
germany have a very good side, and they're german. this could be considered homecourt advantage and germany uses that like a mofo.

Like in the last World Cup?

Someone had to say it

Frenck

Banned
prodystopian said:
Like in the last World Cup?

Someone had to say it

If we make it past the group stages we should make it to the final. The worst that could happen along the way would be a match against Portugal or the Czech republic.

We can't face Italy or France until we reach the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom