• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

burgerdog

Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Josef Redbeard - UltimaPooh
Hootie91 - Hootie
MaizeRage25 - MaizeRage25
AJ4seven - Cerebral Assassin
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Liquidlynch13 - xS1TH L0RDx
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
Metalic Sand - Metalic Sand
unverbal - 1cesc
permutated - permutated
GoTDiGGz - got2bekidding
Goonyboy - Roxas
LiquidMetal 14 - LiquidMetal14
Sirolf - Sirolf
burgerdog99 - burgerdog

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
unverbal - 1cesc
permutated - permutated
GoTDiGGz - got2bekidding
Goonyboy - Roxas
Sirolf - Sirolf
burgerdog99 - burgerdog
raddreamers - dreamer3kx

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
unverbal - 1cesc
permutated - permutated
GoTDiGGz - got2bekidding
Goonyboy - Roxas
Sirolf - Sirolf
burgerdog99 - burgerdog
raddreamers - dreamer3kx
Lonestar 1979 - Lonestar

pr0cs

I'm there day one (I don't want to quote that names list as it pollutes the thread).

I saw my first Fable2 commercial on TV yesterday (during the UFC 89 preview on SpikeTV). It was pretty good but needed to show more gameplay/cutscene. It got me excited though but more likely because I know I'm very interested in the title.

Felt so cool to have Fable2 commercials, LBP commercials coming right after each other, this holiday season is going to be epic if you love gaming.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am definitely renting this game but I never finished Fable so we'll see how it falls in comparison. I do like what I have seen thus far but the jury is still out for me. The co-op is what I am most interested in at the moment.

Ninja Kn1ght - Ninja Kn1ght

I'm getting this day 1. I really enjoyed teh first one and this looks like it's taking things to a whole new level.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
speaking of the pub games, the spinnerbox tournament is one of the worst ideas ever, push A 100 times!!!!

i'm bitter I still have won a spinnerbox tournament yet

Will those Pub games continue to provide gold and goodies even after Fable 2 has launched?

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
speaking of the pub games, the spinnerbox tournament is one of the worst ideas ever, push A 100 times!!!!

i'm bitter I still have won a spinnerbox tournament yet
Ha... yeah. I wonder who thought that a completely non-interactive gambling game was a good idea. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Will the pub games be included in the full retail release and be playable as an arcade game like they currently are?

got2bekidding said:
Will those Pub games continue to provide gold and goodies even after Fable 2 has launched?

Yeah, there's no limit on it

Edit: Just got the magic ring, now I just need to see if there's any other crap I want to to struggle to get before I turn this off for good

garath

I wasn't going to do it before, but now I'm thinking I'll have to grab the pub games and get a little cash to get a leg up lol.

pr0cs

I have 2 pub games accounts, one with a stupid amount of money from the 'known card bug' and one where I tried to play legitimately.
I'm curious what the game does to people who try and play with money gotten by abusing the bug.
I'll probably wait a bit before linking the two to see what the happens.

Beaulieu

So, when are we going to start seeing reviews popping up ?
I still dont know if I'm getting that or Fallout !

One thing for sure; I want to experience the game totally, so no "500 000" gold bullshit for me.

Talk about screwing the experience up...

Poona

DenogginizerOS said:
Will the pub games be included in the full retail release and be playable as an arcade game like they currently are?

They are in Fable 2, but not as an xbox live arcade game (so no going straight to the arcade from the dashboard to play them, and no separate achievements).

Not too sure if you can win the items from them either in Fable 2 (might just be gold that is winnable). It may just be possible in the XBLA version.

garath

Costanza said:
i'm starting the game with like 500,000 gold lol

Lol awesome. I just want to start the game with some decent start-up capital to get the money flowing while I play. I am a whore for buying up everything in games and would prefer to spend less time grinding and more time just enjoying the game.

What is the word on this bonus dungeon for the collector's edition? If you get a whole extra dungeon it might be worth forking over the extra cash. Anyone know anything??

Beaulieu said:
So, when are we going to start seeing reviews popping up ?
I still dont know if I'm getting that or Fallout !

One thing for sure; I want to experience the game totally, so no "500 000" gold bullshit for me.

Talk about screwing the experience up...

The embargoes dates are:

Online Media:
Monday 20

Print Media:
Saturday 18

My journey begins tonight!

Twig

Banned
Hollywood Duo said:
What is the word on this bonus dungeon for the collector's edition? If you get a whole extra dungeon it might be worth forking over the extra cash. Anyone know anything??
God I hate collector's editions. |:

There should never be in-game rewards for buying a special edition of a game. Only tangible physical items, like art books, or little statues, or those god-awful tin cases. I hate publishers. ):

I received the Lionhead Studios Tatoo and the hero doll the first time through.

Edit: I got the chicken suit, which is an odd prize for the path I took. :lol

am I the only one that after the wierd king introduced himself the song beat it by michael jackson started playing and the character and the 3 women start dancing to it?

verio

PseudoKirby said:
am I the only one that after the wierd king introduced himself the song beat it by michael jackson started playing and the character and the 3 women start dancing to it?

What the...

StranGER

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
unverbal - 1cesc
permutated - permutated
GoTDiGGz - got2bekidding
Goonyboy - Roxas
Sirolf - Sirolf
burgerdog99 - burgerdog
raddreamers - dreamer3kx
Lonestar 1979 - Lonestar
SeanOzz - StRanGer

is gamestop or anyone still doing the preorder and get pub games free??????????

Chinner

Banned
Personally, I would not post the gamertag list untill the game is actually relased. If theres one thing that the Halo 3 pre-release taught me last year, the trolls will use these lists to send spoilers to you.

StranGER

Psychotext said:
/points upward

thanx, i missed that. that should be linked in the beginning of the thread so more will not miss it as well.

now about that preorder and getting pub games.

is anyone still doing that (gamestop or wherever?)

last place i tried said they were out.

garath

got2bekidding said:
Gamestop is finished taking pre-orders, I tried yesterday. :(

They are finished taking preorders period? Or is this just online? I was planning on dropping by to pre-order tonight. Doh.

garath said:
They are finished taking preorders period? Or is this just online? I was planning on dropping by to pre-order tonight. Doh.
Period. :(

I'm probably going to have to order from Amazon or Walmart...more likely Amazon since they have that free shipping for items over $58 or whatever it is since I want the limited edition.

Linkified

Just got a lionhead tattoo and heros doll from that fable 2 website. I guess being good doesn't always get you the good prizes. :lol

Does anyone know what you can get from that website any weapons or anything?

Wizman23

Banned
OK that teaser site is pure genious. After playing it once I can't wait until next Tuesday to actually play Fable 2. Some of the decisions to make in that little flash game were tough and it just gets me more hyped for the actual decisions we will be making in the actual game.

garath

got2bekidding said:
Period. :(

I'm probably going to have to order from Amazon or Walmart...more likely Amazon since they have that free shipping for items over $58 or whatever it is since I want the limited edition.

Argh. Well at least I have choices. With it having pre-shipped, Walmarts, Best Buys and Circuit City's should all have it in stock day 1.

Between work and home I have:

3 Best Buy
2 Circuit City
2 Target
4 Walmart
8 Gamestop

So I SHOULD be able to find it even if it's a little more effort than preordering from the gamestop 5 min from my house. Will just go on a calling frenzy on Tuesday and stop by whichever has it on the way home.

Ordering from Amazon sounds like a good idea too, it should pre-ship such that you'll get it close to the release date.

Linkified said:
Just got a lionhead tattoo and heros doll from that fable 2 website. I guess being good doesn't always get you the good prizes. :lol

Does anyone know what you can get from that website any weapons or anything?

You get 3 prizes depending on the hat you pick at the end. The other prizes are
Middle Hat: 3 Piece Chicken Suit (ace), Right Hat: Expressions book and "Apocalyptic Pink Die" (presumably for hair)
. Collect them all!

Also, beat the "Chicken Kicker" game on the same site (look in the barrel) and gain 1000 gold to start with.

Top Bottom