• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Mango Positive said:
You get 3 prizes depending on the hat you pick at the end. The other prizes are
Middle Hat: 3 Piece Chicken Suit (ace), Right Hat: Expressions book and "Apocalyptic Pink Die" (presumably for hair)
. Collect them all!

Also, beat the "Chicken Kicker" game on the same site (look in the barrel) and gain 1000 gold to start with.
That chicken kicker game is awesome.:lol

Beaulieu

*Players will be able to invite another player into there game at any moment of play online or offline.
*Offline co-op guest can be chosen from either a prefab character or can be imported from an existing Fable II save on the systems harddrive or memory card.

So you can play coop on the same console ? Or is it system link ?

Beaulieu said:
So you can play coop on the same console ? Or is it system link ?

Yes, you can play co-op on the same console:
While on the same console, a second player with their own account can drop in and out as a "henchman" to the first player. If the second player on the same console does not have an account of their own, the henchman is made in a brief create screen that pauses the game. Henchmen created this way are not saved into the main player's game.
The first player decides how much bounty the henchman will obtain, e.g. gold and renown. The second player can port any experience, renown and gold to their own Fable II Hero if they imported their character.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Wiggum2007 said:
I have to say, that voice-over is hilariously bad though... sounds like some random IGN intern trying (poorly) to sound all 'ye olde english'-y :lol
Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Wait, you can actually play Fable II co-op... on the same screen? ON the same console?? In person?!

I thought that (amazing) concept died this generation.
This truly is the best game ever?

Tiamatsword22 said:
Wow that's going to be crazy. Now I don't know if I'm going to go to the midnight launch.

If you only have money for two, wait for Fable though. Bioshock is a must play, and play it while it's relevant.

SPEA

permutated said:
Finally! Some great gameplay that makes me actually want to play this game. Hype +20.

But seriously, those voice overs are some of the worst I've ever heard.
I may be wrong, but isn't the voice over an IGN writer?

Cowie

My best buy didn't have any fable 2 preorder things out on the floor, i'm hoping that doesn't mean they cut them off because they got too many? They're usually pretty good about these things?

Also, what are the chances of costcos getting this day one? wouldn't mind $7 off the pricetag...

StranGER

DMPrince said:
Just got back from Best Buy and preordered the LE Version! :D

did they give you pub games free with it??????

got2bekidding said:
That chicken kicker game is awesome.:lol

one thing i'm curious as how will it know to give me the money when i buy the game?
it did not ask for my gamer tag or anything.

Akira

Wow, this comes next Tuesday? For some reason I thought this was a November release. Can't wait to pick it up!

StranGER said:

one thing i'm curious as how will it know to give me the money when i buy the game?

the promo card was inside the game case.

Twig

Banned
StranGER said:

If you're logged in on Xbox.com, I think that's how it works.

Cowie

StranGER said:

when you click to redeem your prize, it should send you over to live.com and ask you to login
its possible you have your login information saved, and when it sent you to that page it identified you right off the bat

just confirm that you got a page that said your prize will be waiting for your when you log into xbox live(playing fable 2?)

StranGER

Cowie said:
when you click to redeem your prize, it should send you over to live.com and ask you to login
its possible you have your login information saved, and when it sent you to that page it identified you right off the bat

just confirm that you got a page that said your prize will be waiting for your when you log into xbox live(playing fable 2?)

hmm, must be saved cuz it went straight to the page that said it was gunna be waiting.

StranGER

DMPrince said:
the promo card was inside the game case.

? wait, when you went to best buy they gave you a case with a promo card to get pub games free?

so they are giving out pub games still at best buy ?

StranGER said:
? wait, when you went to best buy they gave you a case with a promo card to get pub games free?

well the preorder boxes were on the game shelves with the other preorder boxes.

But the Promo code slip was in the box [which were plastic wrapped]

Banned
Fable2DLCArmor-lg.jpg

This seems to be the bonus armor you get with the Limited Edition.

StranGER said:

Yeah the promo codes are still in the box until they run out. Sometimes I go into BB and buy a game and find the preorder box still on the shelf. I take that box up there when I purchase my game they have no problem giving you both. :D

Karma said:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/Fable2DLCArmor-lg.jpg[IMG]

This seems to be the bonus armor you get with the Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

Does he have a lantern going on in his helmet or wtf is going on there? :lol

[QUOTE=cjelly]Why do these places give out 'pre-order boxes'?[/QUOTE]

Because they think Al Gore is a douche and that global warming is a lie.

soldat7

permutated said:
If you only have money for two, wait for Fable though. Bioshock is a must play, and play it while it's relevant.

Or wait for LBP. The community will need time to mature anyways.

fernoca

permutated said:
Well yeah, but what's the explanation for how bright it is? o_O
Oh come on!

It's a fantasy game about a character than can kill an entire village, then be completely good and admired in another; be married to a woman in one town and have children, while also being married to a guy in another town...that can shoot lighting bolts form his hands..all that, while wearing just briefs..

Those it needs an explanation? :p

Top Bottom