• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Blueblur1

You will keep the save. It'll work for the disc version. As for the achievements, I have no idea. You're better off e-mailing Major Nelson. :p

Asmodai

Banned
Apologies for bumping the thread, but with the first episode of Fable II now out, does anyone know if the episodes will include the Knothole Island and See the Future DLC packs?

FerranMG

Started the game one week ago and so far I'm really digging it.

I love how coherent the world is, the aesthetics, buildings, people, and how they change and react towards what you do.

I find only to big problems. One is the fact that there's no real world map. I'm having a hard time remembering where all the shops I need are, or where exactly the regions I need to visit are (despite the fast travel options, which is really useful). Having a map always gives you like a general idea of where is what.

Related to that, I wonder who was the mastermind that chose the locations' names. Brightwood, Bowerstone, Bowerlake, Bloodstone... Couldn't they have chosen something more different? I've played the game for more than 10 hours, and yet I can't for the life of me tell which one is each. :mad:

HBP

So I got this last year around Christmas time and started a game, I never made it too far but the past week I have been powering through, I am mostly just doing the main quest. Buying a house and getting married, etc doesn't sound all that fun to me.

I am mostly curious how close to the end of the game I am?

I just talked to the Reaver and am doing side quests to level up my renown

I started out almost hating the game but kinda of sticking with it, now I am definitely enjoying it but not loving it, but I have played it about 6 hours in the past two days so that must be saying something!

Monocle

HBP said:
So I got this last year around Christmas time and started a game, I never made it too far but the past week I have been powering through, I am mostly just doing the main quest. Buying a house and getting married, etc doesn't sound all that fun to me.

I am mostly curious how close to the end of the game I am?

I just talked to the Reaver and am doing side quests to level up my renown

I started out almost hating the game but kinda of sticking with it, now I am definitely enjoying it but not loving it, but I have played it about 6 hours in the past two days so that must be saying something!
You have about a quarter of the game left. Maybe closer to a fifth. It's been a while since I played.

HBP

Ok so I love this game a lot less now. I beat the main quest today and started on some side quests. Well somehow my game is totally glitched now, I can't fight, use spells, or fast tavel. If I leave the area it freezes on a black screen.

HBP

HBP said:
Ok so I love this game a lot less now. I beat the main quest today and started on some side quests. Well somehow my game is totally glitched now, I can't fight, use spells, or fast tavel. If I leave the area it freezes on a black screen.

Well I was finally able to get out of that area, and the rest of the game is fine, however I can't complete the Shooting Range quest. If I try when I hold A to accept it, it never accepts and then that dialog is stuck on the top of the screen.

Also in this whole section Westcliff I think, I can't do anything. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Apo

I consider to buy the Fable GotY Edition. Is all available DLC included and is it on the disc (or on a separate disc to install) or does it contain download codes like the Gears of War 2 GotY Edition?

Apo said:
I consider to buy the Fable GotY Edition. Is all available DLC included and is it on the disc (or on a separate disc to install) or does it contain download codes like the Gears of War 2 GotY Edition?

Which country are you buying the game from? The GOTY edition never actually got released as far as I'm aware, at least in the US. There's a platinum hits version coming out in the future sometime, but I don't know anything about it.

Apo

rainking187 said:
Which country are you buying the game from? The GOTY edition never actually got released as far as I'm aware, at least in the US. There's a platinum hits version coming out in the future sometime, but I don't know anything about it.

I would buy it from the UK. Here is the link. It is pretty cheap if it contains all the dlc. I probably want to resell it after finishing it but if it contains single-use download codes then it makes no sense to me to buy the GOTY edition.

Reich

Just bought the game, any tips on what to do or to not do ?

Should I be good or bad ? Any thing to concentrate for ?

Owzers

voltron said:
Curses.

I thought maybe there was more DLC announced.

Even though i liked Fable 2, my desire to play Fable 3 just isn't there if it's going to be another short, half-hearted, unsupported game.

jergrah

Reich said:
Just bought the game, any tips on what to do or to not do ?

Should I be good or bad ? Any thing to concentrate for ?

For the good or bad and concentration - its really what your own personal preference is. The game isnt overly difficult, so it shouldnt matter. If you like to use magic, spend more time leveling that up, or if you prefer ranged, go that route. Its pretty easy to max out all of them though (ranged, melee and magic).

Only tip Ill provide is to purchase land often. The more you own, the more money youll make (even when offline) -- making it easier to buy pricier items.

HBP

I want to get the DLC packs but the entire area of Westcliff is broken in my game save. Do you have to go there for anything in either DLC?

dani_dc

So I started Fable II GOTY edition today and the game is completely unplayable, all the text in the screen is unreadable (I have a SD TV, can't really afford to buy a HD TV), I hate this trend of some games not taking in consideration people with SD TV :\

Is there any kind of patch for this?

Sheik790

Hey guys. I just started playing this and have a question that i can't seem to find a definitive answer for on the net. I've played through all the endings in the little flash game on the Fable2 site and earned the rewards, but when i try to open the chest in the guild hall it tells me to go to fable2.com.

The problem here is that, as I stated, I've already earned everything and it says I've redeemed it all to my gamertag. Not sure what to do but I want these items :lol

I tried visiting local merchants because I'd heard they might have them (specifically the chicken suit) but to no avail.

J-Roderton

a Master Ninja hooked me up with this game. Got it in the mail today. I'm pretty LTTP with it. Any advice or anything from you guys? I don't usually play games like this.

heringer

I know I'm late, but this game is a huge disappointment to me. It was one of the reasons I bought a 360. I really wanted to love this game, but I just can't.

Where to begin... well, first, the character movement is really sluggish and the combat is extremely simplistic. I can enjoy a simple combat when it's stylish or enjoyable, things that I didn't find in Fable 2. Not to mention it's way too easy.

The quests and sidequests are extremely generic and formulaic. Go from A to B killing enemies on an super linear and constrict level design.

The social aspect is pretty retarded too. Fart and make poses to make people like you. Or marry a complete stranger, with no depth or personality, just because you can.

I know the game doesn't take itself too seriously, and I like that, but with such a shallow and meaningless interaction it can really break the immersion.

The story and characters (characters? What characters?) are extremely forgetable too, which only hurts the experience even more. There's just no attachment to anything. Neither the world or the characters. Well, maybe the dog but that's not enough.

And the graphics. Well, frankly it looks like a XBox game ported to 360 with higher resolution and better textures.

It's weird, because I remember that I quite enjoyed Fable back then. But that was 5 years ago, so...

Owzers

The Chef said:
Fable 2 had its moments but is overall a completely shallow and underwhelming experience.

Basically. There are some ideas i like but they are all done poorly like a kid with ADD was in the drivers seat constantly moving on to the next bullet point.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fable 2 completely delivered and i was totally hooked on the game. Was able to do everything in 40 hours too. I absolutely loved the whole economy aspect that made you money from renting stuff out. Addicting as all hell.

I REALLY WANT Fable 3, especially since they are talking up the whole world/kingdom owning thing a lot. Ill be happy as long as i can still receiving a nice "coin" sound every couple of minutes from earning rent.

Blueblur1

Jroderton said:
a Master Ninja hooked me up with this game. Got it in the mail today. I'm pretty LTTP with it. Any advice or anything from you guys? I don't usually play games like this.
Buy cheap properties first and avoiding sustaining a family early on because it'll cost you valuable gold.

Owzers

~Kinggi~ said:
Fable 2 completely delivered and i was totally hooked on the game. Was able to do everything in 40 hours too. I absolutely loved the whole economy aspect that made you money from renting stuff out. Addicting as all hell.

I REALLY WANT Fable 3, especially since they are talking up the whole world/kingdom owning thing a lot. Ill be happy as long as i can still receiving a nice "coin" sound every couple of minutes from earning rent.

It didn't deliver on anything...

Dog - worthless
Marriage - still worthless
Winning over Townsfolk - farting
Economy? - buy, rent out, make money, make more money, make more money......
Fighting - lvl 3 freeze time spell lvl 5 damage spell REPEAT.

I liked Fable 2, i know it's hard to believe but it's definitley a case of " sum is greater than it's parts" and i'll probably like Fable 3 too....but it's "parts" are going to suck.

~Kinggi~

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
It didn't deliver on anything...

Dog - worthless
Marriage - still worthless
Winning over Townsfolk - farting
Economy? - buy, rent out, make money, make more money, make more money......
Fighting - lvl 3 freeze time spell lvl 5 damage spell REPEAT.

I liked Fable 2, i know it's hard to believe but it's definitley a case of " sum is greater than it's parts" and i'll probably like Fable 3 too....but it's "parts" are going to suck.

What is hard to believe?? Gee, i think one thing, you think another. omg different opinoinnnzzzzzzzzzzzz

Owzers

~Kinggi~ said:
What is hard to believe?? Gee, i think one thing, you think another. omg different opinoinnnzzzzzzzzzzzz

But what i listed are all pretty much factual and not opinions...unless you like the fact that the dog was worthless....or that you like the fact that winning over townsfolk is ridiculous...or you like the fact that nothing really happened in the marriages...or you like the fact that the combat system collapsed upon itself into boring repetition....

I know i'm a bit hostile on this but developers are just really disappointing me this generation with their horrible half-assed ideas.

The Chef

sillymonkey321 said:
But what i listed are all pretty much factual and not opinions...unless you like the fact that the dog was worthless....or that you like the fact that winning over townsfolk is ridiculous...or you like the fact that nothing really happened in the marriages...or you like the fact that the combat system collapsed upon itself into boring repetition....

I know i'm a bit hostile on this but developers are just really disappointing me this generation with their horrible half-assed ideas.

Yeah I completely agree with this assessment.
Kinggi your reasons for loving the game just don't make any sense since all the things you listed are inherently completely broken aspects of the game. They don't work unless you are able to completely blind yourself to the faults that are running rampant through the whole world.

sillymonkey321 said:

Guess what, a dog doesn't make world peace come true in real life either. So he didn't have to solve your puzzles in Fable 2 as long as he bit your enemies. And even if he didn't do that, it's still the human's best friend and so it was mine in Fable 2.

In my opinion, Fable 2 delivered the atmosphere all other games are lacking off these days. so, for me, it's the best game since Shadow of the Colossus.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The Chef said:
Yeah I completely agree with this assessment.
Kinggi your reasons for loving the game just don't make any sense since all the things you listed are inherently completely broken aspects of the game. They don't work unless you are able to completely blind yourself to the faults that are running rampant through the whole world.
You guys are ridiculous.

jibblypop

Banned
I really liked this game. I know it's easy and has very quirky gameplay mechanics but the atmosphere and overall look is a hell of a lot more appealing than most games these days. I will buy Fable III and I'll enjoy how easy it is because it will feel great to play just like this one was (I hope)

Blueblur1 said:
Buy cheap properties first and avoiding sustaining a family early on because it'll cost you valuable gold.

I will be starting this game the next week. Finishing up some backlog right now.

Anymore suggestions for beginners? I never played Fable 1 by the way, if that matters at all.

Had this since it came out, but never finished it. I have a few weeks to finish it. :lol Was doing Snowglobe yesterday and managed to get stuck in a room that perhaps I shouldn't have been able to get into.

Its a room that comes out of a stable, with an orb inside that you melee (then shoot). I bashed the door a few times to try and get inside, and it didn't work, but then I timewrapped through it and couldn't get back out - d'oh!:lol

antitrop

Hi. I'm thinking about buying this game. I would just want to ask around how many hours will it take to get all the achivements? THanks

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fable-2/guide/

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
- Offline: 65 (1320)
- Online: 1 (30, Doll Catcher)
- Approximate amount of time to 1350: 50-70 hours(40-60 hours for 1000 (Depends largely on how much you focus on only trying for achievements)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements? The Executioner
- Glitched achievements? None!
- Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats

Top Bottom